Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856398 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2490 on: September 01, 2013, 07:58:04 am »
1. My NYCC badges came yesterday, wasn't really expecting them to come so soon.

2. My mom actually likes my new perfume, and she didn't make a snide remark about it's name to boot.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2491 on: September 01, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
Apparently my mom's been holding on to this old violin my uncle (her brother) left with us years ago, which I just found out last night. I asked if she could find out from him (the guy's kind of hard to get in touch with) if I could borrow it, and he said if I want it, it's mine! I own a violin! All it needs (I think) is to be restrung, and I need a bow, and a teacher!

I am so excited! :D
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2492 on: September 03, 2013, 12:40:10 am »
My girlfriend is on new meds for her schizophrenia. The ones she was on weren't working too well and made her extremely sleepy.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #2493 on: September 03, 2013, 09:35:40 pm »
Today I found a real life, physical copy of a Chick tract on my mom's car. This is the first one I've seen and it's so exciting.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2494 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:30 pm »
I fount out what Native American tribe I'm related to (Choctaw) so that's interesting.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2495 on: September 03, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »
This jazz class may be the best idea I've had all year. And I really wasn't sure I'd enjoy it so much... or at all...
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2496 on: September 04, 2013, 01:32:17 am »
So, I wake up early in the morning (5 am or something) and notice that there is something at the foot of my bed. Turns out my daughter had gotten off her bed at night and apparently wanted to come and sleep in my bed. Except that she fell asleep halfway through and only her upper body is on the bed with her legs hanging over the edge.

Luckily I didn't wake her up so I just picked her up and tucked her in her bed again.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2497 on: September 04, 2013, 01:57:04 am »
Dennis Rodman not only went to North Korea, but praised Kim Jong-Un.

How is this a good thing?

It proves that the real world is in the Men In Black universe. And that's fucking cool.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2498 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07:17 am »
My vegetable garden has produced delicious herbs, red potatoes, and sweet corn, and tonight I served a meal that, with the exception of a little salt, pepper, and oil, came entirely from my own garden, seasoning and all.

I'm already trying to decide what to grow next year.  I'm thinking popcorn, potatoes, garlic, and maybe strawberries.

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to burning what's left in the garden once I harvest the last of the corn.  That should be fun.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2499 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:48 am »

It proves that the real world is in the Men In Black universe. And that's fucking cool.
How?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2500 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:41 am »
So, I wake up early in the morning (5 am or something) and notice that there is something at the foot of my bed. Turns out my daughter had gotten off her bed at night and apparently wanted to come and sleep in my bed. Except that she fell asleep halfway through and only her upper body is on the bed with her legs hanging over the edge.

Luckily I didn't wake her up so I just picked her up and tucked her in her bed again.

You're a terrible father because you didn't take pictures.

Ironbite-FOR SHAME!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2501 on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
I had the perfect response to a dumb, insensitive question: someone asked me (again) if I was disappointed that my hands are "too small". I looked at my hand for a second, then made a fist and said "Actually, I think they're just the right size to punch people who ask stupid questions." (I have no idea why I keep getting comments about my hands, because they're huge. Maybe people want to comment on my breasts but think that would be way out of line?)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #2502 on: September 04, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »
I had the perfect response to a dumb, insensitive question: someone asked me (again) if I was disappointed that my hands are "too small". I looked at my hand for a second, then made a fist and said "Actually, I think they're just the right size to punch people who ask stupid questions." (I have no idea why I keep getting comments about my hands, because they're huge. Maybe people want to comment on my breasts but think that would be way out of line?)

*comfies*

My hands are freakin' tiny, personally.

In other news, finally watched Bran Nue Dae. It was awesome!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2503 on: September 04, 2013, 03:57:53 pm »
My quarterly water bill came today and it wasn't nearly as high as I was afraid it was going to be.

Today I found a real life, physical copy of a Chick tract on my mom's car. This is the first one I've seen and it's so exciting.
Which tract did you find?

My vegetable garden has produced delicious herbs, red potatoes, and sweet corn, and tonight I served a meal that, with the exception of a little salt, pepper, and oil, came entirely from my own garden, seasoning and all.

I'm already trying to decide what to grow next year.  I'm thinking popcorn, potatoes, garlic, and maybe strawberries.

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to burning what's left in the garden once I harvest the last of the corn.  That should be fun.
Grow chilis. I've had great luck growing chili peppers in my garden.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2504 on: September 04, 2013, 04:04:31 pm »

How?

'Cause in the MIB Universe, Rodman is an alien.