Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856663 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3090 on: March 20, 2014, 09:20:20 am »
I thought  it was the smell of Ozone that you got with the rain, that beautiful earthy smell. Can't say that I smell pregnant chicks either. Nor do I understand that weird pregnancy sex fetish.

Nothing that good happened today but I played touch football for the first time in ages yesterday and while I am sore now it was glorious.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3091 on: March 20, 2014, 09:49:55 am »
It's raining. I like the sound and the smell of rain, and it takes all the heat out of the day.

So, I'm not the only one that likes the smell of rain?  Whenever I told people that, they looked at me like I was crazy because I could smell rain.  Then again, I can smell the pheromones of pregnant women, too...and that just makes me physically ill, so a good nose is a blessing and a curse, alas.

Really? I thought pretty much everyone could smell rain. It's not that I have Super Smell either, since I most certainly can't smell pregnancy pheromones (and thank Christ for that).

Lucky fucker.  Its one of the reasons I'll never knock a girl up willingly.  I can NOT tolerate that smell, even in small doses.  Having it around me all the time for 9 months?  LOL NOPE.

Maybe you'd get used to it? Kind of like the smell of dog food.

Having dealt with canned cat food most of my life, I can say that I'd likely never get used to the smell.  Canned pet food in general still makes me sick.

On another note, I've begun trying to improve my note-taking skills by taking detailed notes about modded Minecraft energy systems and cross-mod energy interactions.  Its fascinating work.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3092 on: March 20, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
It's raining. I like the sound and the smell of rain, and it takes all the heat out of the day.

So, I'm not the only one that likes the smell of rain?  Whenever I told people that, they looked at me like I was crazy because I could smell rain.  Then again, I can smell the pheromones of pregnant women, too...and that just makes me physically ill, so a good nose is a blessing and a curse, alas.

I'm pretty sure everyone with at least an okay sense of smell can smell the compounds released by the ground when water drenches it, but the rain itself is odorless unless you've got a bad pollution problem.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3093 on: March 20, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure everyone with at least an okay sense of smell can smell the compounds released by the ground when water drenches it, but the rain itself is odorless unless you've got a bad pollution problem.

At which point, its probably burning thru your roof, lol.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3094 on: March 21, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »
I beat 2048.
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3095 on: March 21, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »
I've got almost $500 in the bank, which means I'll still have gas money after paying my rent.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3096 on: March 21, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »
Day 1 of 3 of Megacon, the biggest convention in Central Florida (probably the biggest in Florida period, and definitely one of the biggest in the south).

Apparently during his panel, John Barrowman dropped trou and flashed his underwear at the entire audience. He had the Torchwood logo on his ass.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3097 on: March 21, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »
My mom got me some nice pots and pans for my birthday, so we'll be able to cook delicious things when we move into our new apartment. I also signed the formal offer for my new job today and get to start next week, working part-time up 'til graduation.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3098 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »
With regards to the "smelling pregnancy pheromones" thing, I've never noticed it in pregnant women. However, this might explain something else I've found unusual.

A few years ago, I dated a transgender girl for about seven months. She always seemed to smell really nice, even when it wouldn't have made sense for her to be wearing perfume, and I'd never encountered anything like that particular smell before. I believe that pregnancy-related hormones and the compounds used in female HRT are effectively the same, and possibly the latter are more potent?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:12:09 am by Random Guy »

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3099 on: March 22, 2014, 07:46:37 pm »

At which point, its probably burning thru your roof, lol.

I like the smell of rain and I only used to eat Salt & Vinegar McCoys when it was raining, because I thought it made them taste better.

Was I just delusional, or did chemicals in the rain make those crisps taste better?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3100 on: March 22, 2014, 08:52:20 pm »
Twas probably more psychosomatic than anything, but...smell is quite a powerful sense.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3101 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »
Finally got my computer fixed and returned to me.  Something went wrong with the start-up and I had to send it back to the manufacturer.  I lost some downloads, but I had saved anything I wrote to flash cards, so it's not so bad. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3102 on: March 25, 2014, 07:39:42 pm »
It looks like we'll be getting the apartment we wanted! It's on the top floor with only one neighbor, and the view is nice. Plus they're in the process of renovating it, so we'll be the first people living there. I'm so happy.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #3103 on: March 26, 2014, 05:24:12 am »
Today, I officially am a Master of Science with Honours. Got the certificate this morning.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3104 on: March 26, 2014, 10:35:20 am »
Congratulations
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."