Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856178 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3645 on: September 21, 2015, 11:13:55 pm »
The grocery store in town is selling certain energy drinks for $1 each... so I got ten.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #3646 on: September 22, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »
Who's Roosh V?

The guy from Reaxxion and Return of Kings.

He's frequently on the FSTDT mainpage.   To encounter his "wisdom" if you dare...

http://www.fstdt.com/Search.aspx?Fundie=Roosh
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Even Then

« Reply #3647 on: September 22, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »
Even a dog, when let loose from its master, does not begin to go on a rampage of destruction like women do when released from their traditional role.

Hey, women of FQA, if you go on a destructive rampage could you kill Roosh V for me? xoxo

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3648 on: September 22, 2015, 06:05:05 pm »
We promise we'll end him.

Even Then

« Reply #3649 on: September 22, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »
Capital. I'll send you some awesome Finnish beer in return.

Back on track, I'm rereading one of my favourite books (His Majesty's Dragon) again and it's still great.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3650 on: September 26, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »
I've learned how to do scripting with Qt's QML language.  It has some odd restrictions (properties need to start with a lower-case letter), but it seems pretty damned handy.  Extensibility pig!  It is a good thing.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #3651 on: September 28, 2015, 03:14:37 pm »
i'm posting from my new home. just moved in today. oh, and i start working (at mcdee's, unfortunately) tomorrow. not too shabby, all things considered.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3652 on: September 28, 2015, 10:06:29 pm »
Double high fives, guizonde!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3653 on: September 29, 2015, 08:47:31 pm »
I have made deviled eggs.  I AM A GOD NOW.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3654 on: September 29, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »
A devil, surely.
Σא

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3655 on: October 04, 2015, 01:34:55 am »
I just found out that the worst employee at work quit! This guy managed to pick a fight (not physical, but fights are still fights) with every manager, alienate the entire kitchen staff, reduced an 18 year old waitress to tears (by yelling at another waitress), and earned the scorn and mockery of the drivers. To make matters worse, he was my direct supervisor. I got many write ups sticking myself between him and whoever he was pissing off. And he quit. Work will go so much better now.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3656 on: October 04, 2015, 03:31:48 am »
My former employer, who failed to pay its workers (myself included) so consistently that the total wages and penalties owed is well into 6 figures, has finally shut down. The lawsuits that prompted this move are ongoing, so the situation will continue to be a source of stress, and there is virtually no chance that I will receive a dime of what is owed to me, but it has been shut down, and cannot inflict harm upon a new person ever again.

I once considered some of the people involved to be family. The person who is primarily responsible for the downfall of this institution that I loved and was part of in some capacity since I was 16, is the greatest example of this. 10 years ago, I thought of her as an additional mother. Today I think of her as an enemy. There are other people who I care about whose friendship I have likely lost forever as a result of my efforts against the institution. That makes me sad. But I did what had to be done. My only regret is that I didn't do more, sooner, and maybe I could have helped more people avoid falling into her trap.

Today was a good day.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3657 on: October 04, 2015, 09:23:33 am »
Technically a couple of days ago, but this happened:

I've been trying to get ahold of this for close to a year now, it's been consistently sold out since last Christmas.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3658 on: October 04, 2015, 10:11:19 am »
I just found out that the worst employee at work quit! This guy managed to pick a fight (not physical, but fights are still fights) with every manager, alienate the entire kitchen staff, reduced an 18 year old waitress to tears (by yelling at another waitress), and earned the scorn and mockery of the drivers. To make matters worse, he was my direct supervisor. I got many write ups sticking myself between him and whoever he was pissing off. And he quit. Work will go so much better now.

I love it when crappy employees quit like that. Oftentimes it takes them ages to get fired because they require X number of writeups in addition to their poor behavior. My mom dealt with it way too often at her old jobs.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3659 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:21 am »
Finally shot down a magpie that has been sitting in the trees near my bedroom window and shrieking at the top of its lungs at 6 am almost every day. It ran into the neighbour's yard and beyond before I could finish it off, but eh, I can't imagine a bird with a broken wing is going to live for much longer. As an added bonus, its mate was around when it happened, and is now terrified of me as well.

I don't think there'll be any more dawn yelling sessions from those little fucksticks from now on, at least not anywhere near my window. This makes me happier than you could possibly imagine.