Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856951 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4170 on: October 30, 2016, 12:53:56 am »
My girlfriend underwent SRS on Thursday and is recovering very well.

Wait, did I say girlfriend? She's actually my fiancee now. So, more good news. :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:17:39 am by Random Guy »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4171 on: October 30, 2016, 03:12:11 pm »
Oh well congrats!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4172 on: October 30, 2016, 03:40:32 pm »
Congratulations!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4173 on: October 30, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »
My girlfriend underwent SRS on Thursday and is recovering very well.

Wait, did I say girlfriend? She's actually my fiancee now. So, more good news. :D

awesome!
Σא

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4174 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:49 pm »
Congrats Random.

Even Then

« Reply #4175 on: October 30, 2016, 07:52:40 pm »
Congrats for what will hopefully be the beginning of a long relationship.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4176 on: October 31, 2016, 03:04:37 am »
Well this was yesterday but my kids went to their first heavy metal concert. Hevisaurus (the kids metal band dressed up as dinosaurs) performed in a mall nearby.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #4177 on: October 31, 2016, 05:33:39 am »
Awww, thanks everyone.

We're both feeling really good about where this is heading, and it was exactly the right time for it as well.

One thing that occurred to me, which I've mentioned in the Worst of Social Justice thread, is how we're likely to be perceived in the years to come. She's been pretty active in trans support circles, and I've enjoyed getting involved with local LGBT communities in the various places I've traveled. At this point, though, with her transition completed and me in a permanent relationship with her, we're effectively going to become just another hetero couple. With that and the B/T part of the spectrum receiving less attention to begin with, I wonder how much we'll really be seen as part of the LGBT community going forward.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4178 on: October 31, 2016, 05:43:19 am »
I guess you'll just have to do what all the homophobes fear most and shove your filthy, sinful lifestyle choices down everyone else's throats. Really let everyone know in no uncertain terms what you're all about.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:18:51 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4179 on: November 01, 2016, 12:47:26 pm »
Random, as long as you two have each other you'll be able to weather most any storm. This is coming from 16 years of hardship, strife, some real doozies of fights. You know, all the good stuff they call relationships and life and so on.

You're worried about becoming just another hetero couple. Want to know a secret? I'll let you in on it. Relationships, all of them, are made up of people. Skin and bone, flesh and blood people. Whatever you present to "the outside" and let them see, it doesn't matter beyond what importance you two give it. It's about what you two put into it. About how you two make it work.

I get that sexual identity plays a big part of who (the royal) you are. Being a white cis male, that statement is about as far as I can go, but if my time here had taught me nothing else, it's that. And I can see where losing the support would hurt. But you both are swho you've always been. Love each other and you'll find the support you'll need. Might look different than what you've had before. But it'll be there. And you can still be active in the LGBT community. You'll still be who you were.
That btw is the longest way I've found to say congratulations.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Zygarde

• The Beast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4180 on: November 02, 2016, 09:38:48 pm »
So I've been working out to get my body in shape for the Air Force (and also to loose weight so I can actually qualify for the air force) and so far I've lost 4 pounds in the last week, so I'm making progress.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4181 on: November 03, 2016, 12:00:12 am »
^ very good! I'd recommend HIIT (high intensity interval training) and a steady, focused diet, along with rigorously keeping with an exercise routine wherein you focus on dynamic movements.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4182 on: November 03, 2016, 11:58:30 am »
Great! I want to suggest running. In 6.5 years in the military, once noticed running was what most of the physical training problems were. You can find online what the minimum requirements are for age/gender. And then use that as a base
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Zygarde

• The Beast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4183 on: November 03, 2016, 03:03:17 pm »
Thanks for the words of encourgment, and Yeah I've been running, god I forgot how horrible that stuff is if your not used to it.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #4184 on: November 04, 2016, 12:16:22 am »
Thank you for the congratulations and words of wisdom everyone. Especially you rookie.