Author Topic: Two Girls Stab Their Friend.....  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Two Girls Stab Their Friend.....
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:49 am »
Supposedly, the two girls from Wisconsin were trying to become Proxies of Slenderman. Links below.

http://www.startribune.com/local/261534961.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/02/justice/wisconsin-girl-stabbed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

As a fan of Creepypasta, I have a feeling that my hobby is about to come under attack by people (and I suspect many will be fundies) who have no clue what they are critiquing. Blame these girls for what they did, instead of a genre which is enjoyed by many people who understand the difference between fiction and reality. Also, I apologize if this is the wrong forum.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:05:57 am by Nemo »
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Two Girls Stab Their Friend.....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:38:03 am »
I have a feeling this *might* turn out to be fake.
Though I suspect this won't have much bearing on the fundie reaction if they catch on.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:41:08 am »
If it's real it's still a shit storm in the making and considering most fundies know fuck all about fact checking if it's not real that will not slow them down in the slightest.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:51 am »
Your links lead to FTP links, Nemo. Might wanna fix that.

Horrific as this is, I never agree with charging juveniles as adults. From what these articles say, these girls need MAJOR therapy alongside their punishment, which I can tell you from experience they're unlikely to get in the prison system unless they join one of the many "[Insert Issue Here] Anonymous" programs. If they're so lost in a fantasy world that they think making a sacrifice to Slenderman will let them escape their mundane, everyday lives, there are clearly deeper issues than a fascination with creepypasta. I've loved horror movies and stories since I was younger than they are and I never felt inspired to kill anyone to prove my devotion to any figures in them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:51:36 am by R. U. Sirius »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:06:57 am »
I changed it to hyperlinks. Thank you.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:01 pm »

Horrific as this is, I never agree with charging juveniles as adults. From what these articles say, these girls need MAJOR therapy alongside their punishment, which I can tell you from experience they're unlikely to get in the prison system unless they join one of the many "[Insert Issue Here] Anonymous" programs. If they're so lost in a fantasy world that they think making a sacrifice to Slenderman will let them escape their mundane, everyday lives, there are clearly deeper issues than a fascination with creepypasta. I've loved horror movies and stories since I was younger than they are and I never felt inspired to kill anyone to prove my devotion to any figures in them.

Honestly, I'd hope they don't end up in a [Insert Name Here] Anonymous program since they're all complete bullshit.

As for charging kids as adults...it depends on the situation.  These kids are clearly disturbed (and stupid), but it doesn't sound like they're murderous.  If a kid goes on a murderous rampage and gets caught, then yes, charge his little arse as an adult, with the potential to maybe get out when they're 18 or 21.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »
What a tragedy.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »
As for charging kids as adults...it depends on the situation.

Absolutely not. There is no purpose in having a juvenile justice system if it does not apply to every kid and I consider charging kids in the adult criminal justice system to be a miscarriage of justice, always.

If you have a problem with having a juvenile justice system, then by all means go through the proper channels and amend the constitution to change it. I doubt you will get much if any support, but playing games with our justice system is not the way to address those issues.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 05:05:04 pm »
I do agree with you to a point.  The point where we have kids who are also mass murderers.  Or other forms of sociopathy.  Honestly, these girls need help, not punishment.  Unfortunately, our society is based on punishing, rather then forgiving.

Ironbite-so much for being a Christian nation eh?

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:06 pm »
As for charging kids as adults...it depends on the situation.

Absolutely not. There is no purpose in having a juvenile justice system if it does not apply to every kid and I consider charging kids in the adult criminal justice system to be a miscarriage of justice, always.

If you have a problem with having a juvenile justice system, then by all means go through the proper channels and amend the constitution to change it. I doubt you will get much if any support, but playing games with our justice system is not the way to address those issues.

As I think I understand it, the age where juveniles are tried as adults is on a state by state basis. Some states, this one in this case (Wisconsin?), have a lower than usual age where juveniles are to be tried as adults.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:32 pm »
Charging a couple of 12-year-olds as adults would accomplish nothing. Of course, you don't just let them get off scot free, but prison isn't going to do anything. They need intense therapy and a supervised release if/when they're deemed safe again.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »
^this but more therapy and supervision.  But of course they won't get that in prison.

Ironbite-just 3 hots and a cot.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »
But then, any notion of there being any component of rehabilitation in the US penal system is an urban legend.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »
Oh my god people are killing over creepy pastas. Thats amazing <3
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 10:41:50 pm »
^^^ Just Life imitating Art. Or does Art imitate Life?