Author Topic: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates  (Read 18536 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2013, 03:48:52 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.
You completely ignored my posts. Except for a few out of context stuff (The analogy of you and the "I'm not racist but..."). Seriously, you are like that. You're making every fucking excuse for this man, and attacking everyone here(even the victim in the story for taking action against his disgusting actions), and yet you think you're the hero in this because you add "I know the guy's actions were wrong but..." at the beginning and end of most of your posts.

Totally like racism!  Not.

As far as "attacking everyone here,"  I'm fighting against pretty much everyone in the fucking thread.  That also may explain some points I missed.  I'd like to see YOU hold a conversation with half a dozen people and address all the points.

She took action.  I said I didn't necessarily agree with it, but I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DID IT.  Shit.  Jesus fuck you're dense, not to mention hypocritical.  Because I didn't explicitly say something about what you said, I didn't address what you said at all.  I'm not the only one who's completely ignored a few posts, it seems.

Also, I stand by thinking that it sucks that this guy is out of work?  I guess that makes me a horrible human.  It was his own doing in the end, but I do question how intentionally malicious his actions were.  In other words, he was a dipshit, okay?  What, I can't assume his motives or actions for his behavior without becoming akin to an apologist for racism?  Are you for real right now?

Shouldn't be surprised, knowing this place, I guess.  Remember, you're a piece of shit if you do something racist, whether or not it was you being a dipshit or actively malicious.  There's no fucking difference.  Awareness of how much of a fucknut you're being has NO possible bearing on how we should interpret actions.

Just another wonderful day at FSTDT.

Did I ever say you were being racist? I was comparing you to the "I'm not racist/sexist/etc but..." meme, or the "No offense but..." types. Is that not justified with the way you've been acting here? Jesus fucking christ. Way to take something COMPLETELY out of context just to ignore a point. WOW. just WOW.

I didn't fucking say that you were calling me "racist," now did I?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/akin

I know you don't seem to give two shits about my words, but every single one is important, mmkay?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:51:22 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:27 pm »
Also, I stand by thinking that it sucks that this guy is out of work?  I guess that makes me a horrible human.

Because we all totally said this.

It was his own doing in the end, but I do question how intentionally malicious his actions were.  In other words, he was a dipshit, okay?

We never really addressed this in the thread. I don't recall anyone saying he was being intentionally malicious, just that he was wrong.

Shouldn't be surprised, knowing this place, I guess.  Remember, you're a piece of shit if you do something racist, whether or not it was you being a dipshit or actively malicious.  There's no fucking difference.  Awareness of how much of a fucknut you're being has NO possible bearing on how we should interpret actions.

Again, you're assuming stuff. We never even addressed this in the thread.

The other interpretation was the guys motives.  Was he being a douchecock, or a clueless dope that could need some counseling?

Right-o. I think it can be both.

The students...well, using students IS a conflict of interest, I will admit.  I repeat.  I'd like to see you take shit from half a dozen people on your day off and not miss a few points.

I know, I just listed them in response to your "such as?"
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.
You completely ignored my posts. Except for a few out of context stuff (The analogy of you and the "I'm not racist but..."). Seriously, you are like that. You're making every fucking excuse for this man, and attacking everyone here(even the victim in the story for taking action against his disgusting actions), and yet you think you're the hero in this because you add "I know the guy's actions were wrong but..." at the beginning and end of most of your posts.

Totally like racism!  Not.

As far as "attacking everyone here,"  I'm fighting against pretty much everyone in the fucking thread.  That also may explain some points I missed.  I'd like to see YOU hold a conversation with half a dozen people and address all the points.

She took action.  I said I didn't necessarily agree with it, but I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DID IT.  Shit.  Jesus fuck you're dense, not to mention hypocritical.  Because I didn't explicitly say something about what you said, I didn't address what you said at all.  I'm not the only one who's completely ignored a few posts, it seems.

Also, I stand by thinking that it sucks that this guy is out of work?  I guess that makes me a horrible human.  It was his own doing in the end, but I do question how intentionally malicious his actions were.  In other words, he was a dipshit, okay?  What, I can't assume his motives or actions for his behavior without becoming akin to an apologist for racism?  Are you for real right now?

Did I ever say you were being racist? I was comparing you to the "I'm not racist/sexist/etc but..." meme, or the "No offense but..." types. Is that not justified with the way you've been acting here? Jesus fucking christ. Way to take something COMPLETELY out of context just to ignore a point. WOW. just WOW.

I didn't fucking say that you were calling me "racist," now did I?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/akin

Read what I bolded.
Now if I'm not being racist, how exactly isn't my comparison not justified?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »
@Sleepy:  Well, addressed or not, my defense falls back on the point of the guys motives, I think.  So I thought it was relevant.  Hell, my whole line of thinking relies on taking this whole article (both his and her motives) at more than just face value.

Also, the work thing was just personal musings/feeling sorry for this guy.  Sexual harassment is going to follow him wherever he goes.  As a repeat offender, it's gonna make things even worse.  I pity him.  I'd never want to be in his shoes.

@Augzilliary?  What?  "If I'm not being racist?"  Your pronoun usage is unclear as all hell.  Actually, your double negative is even more confusing.  Care to rephrase that?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »
@Sleepy:  Well, addressed or not, my defense falls back on the point of the guys motives, I think.  So I thought it was relevant.  Hell, my whole line of thinking relies on taking this whole article (both his and her motives) at more than just face value.

Also, the work thing was just personal musings/feeling sorry for this guy.  Sexual harassment is going to follow him wherever he goes.  As a repeat offender, it's gonna make things even worse.  I pity him.  I'd never want to be in his shoes.

@Augzilliary?  What?  "If I'm not being racist?"  Your pronoun usage is unclear as all hell.

Seriously why the fuck are you pitying the man who sexually harassed people? You didn't just "not take the article at face value", you completely made up a ton of shit, like saying that he was shy or that everyone else was taking everything out of context.
I meant "If I'm not accusing you of being racist..."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »
B-Man, this is your official warning for violating "Don't Be A Dick" rule.

Address the points given by others in as civil a manner as you can (i.e. with a minimum of flaming).

Right from the start of your posts in this thread, there has been little to nothing civil about your posting behavior.  If you can't debate without having to paint the other side as villainous or malicious, then it's not a debate.

Calm down.  Reassess your posts.  And stop being antagonistic towards other forum members.

Thank you.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2013, 04:08:00 pm »

@Augzilliary?  What?  "If I'm not being racist?"  Your pronoun usage is unclear as all hell.

Seriously why the fuck are you pitying the man who sexually harassed people? You didn't just "not take the article at face value", you completely made up a ton of shit, like saying that he was shy or that everyone else was taking everything out of context.

On the racism thing, (which is a web of WTF), I think by comparing it to a sensitive issue like racism, you're attempting to shut down debate...I think.  You're pressing the "hot button" to try to make me seem as though I have no ground to stand on without actually addressing my thoughts.  Luckily for you, others in this thread have actually given me reasoned responses.

Did I make up shit?  Yeah.  Did the people bashing him make up shit, too?  Yeah?  Guess what, we don't know either of these people.  We interpolate the data from what the article told us.  What else can we do from a single fucking story that merely reports the facts?  We've each backed up our lines of reasoning by quoting that article, no?  Isn't that what I was doing way back earlier in this thread?  I wasn't just pulling out my reasoning out of my ass.  I was looking at what the article said and trying to make sense of what happened as I saw it.  Admittedly I was provoked to defend this guy by the OP having such a negative slant and wondering what all the fuss was about, but I was just interpreting the article, not "making a bunch of shit up."  At least, I wasn't making shit up about this guys character any more than anybody here.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2013, 04:14:16 pm »

On the racism thing, (which is a web of WTF), I think by comparing it to a sensitive issue like racism, you're attempting to shut down debate...I think.  You're pressing the "hot button" to try to make me seem as though I have no ground to stand on without actually addressing my thoughts.  Luckily for you, others in this thread have actually given me reasoned responses.

Did I make up shit?  Yeah.  Did the people bashing him make up shit, too?  Yeah?  Guess what, we don't know either of these people.  We interpolate the data from what the article told us.  What else can we do from a single fucking story that merely reports the facts?  We've each backed up our lines of reasoning by quoting that article, no?  Isn't that what I was doing way back earlier in this thread?  I wasn't just pulling out my reasoning out of my ass.  I was looking at what the article said and trying to make sense of what happened as I saw it.  Admittedly I was provoked to defend this guy by the OP having such a negative slant and wondering what all the fuss was about, but I was just interpreting the article, not "making a bunch of shit up."  At least, I wasn't making shit up about this guys character any more than anybody here.

-You still haven't addressed the rest of my argument.
-Is this issue not a "Hot button" issue? It deals with sexual harassment.
-When did the people "bashing" him make up shit? And why is bashing him wrong?
-Taking your info from the ACTUAL STORY is nothing like making an elaborate and very unreasonable biased theory up, hardly based on the article. That's not "interpreting" at all.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »

I'd never want to be in his shoes either, but I don't know how sorry I can feel for him, especially if he's a repeat offender.

Also, I'm honestly not sure what we have made up.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »
Fuck this thread.

Gloat or call me out all you want, but I'm not posting here anymore.  It's not worth my effort.  This is the last thing I'll say here.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:23 pm »
Finally.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »
Well then.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2013, 04:27:23 pm »
*frowns at her crystal ball and throws it in the trash*

So much for THAT prediction...

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »
I'll still go ahead and ask this question even though I know it's not likely I'll get an answer:

ASIDE FROM my saying the guy was acting shit-eatingly smug for patting himself on the back over his terrible plot to meet women (an opinion I still stand by, because frankly that's how it seemed to me), what specifically in my original post did you find so terribly objectionable? What specifically did I say that was so uncalled for and cruel? Yes, I read your posts, at least twice, and I cannot figure out what specifically offended you about my original post (other people's responses to your reaction notwithstanding) except that I was bothered and offended by someone taking advantage of his subordinates.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2013, 04:48:03 pm »
I'll still go ahead and ask this question even though I know it's not likely I'll get an answer:

ASIDE FROM my saying the guy was acting shit-eatingly smug for patting himself on the back over his terrible plot to meet women (an opinion I still stand by, because frankly that's how it seemed to me), what specifically in my original post did you find so terribly objectionable? What specifically did I say that was so uncalled for and cruel? Yes, I read your posts, at least twice, and I cannot figure out what specifically offended you about my original post (other people's responses to your reaction notwithstanding) except that I was bothered and offended by someone taking advantage of his subordinates.

Without breaking his promise not to post here, B-Man wanted to apologize for the shit that's been going on lately.

Here's the apology thread: http://forums.fstdt.net/index.php?topic=3730.0
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet