Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 405890 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3615 on: November 14, 2020, 08:53:18 pm »
Apparently Glenn Greenwald has been having a pissy fit about this too, because he liked that Trump was razing the institutions he hated so much to the ground. Fuck you, Glenn.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3616 on: November 14, 2020, 09:35:11 pm »
Trump was sort of doing that, but in such a hamfisted manner that the end result would have been worse than having them in place.

EDIT: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-biden-states-senate-electors-1.5802587

Republicans control the legislatures in Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. In all four, state legislative leaders have ruled out intervening to appoint electors for Donald Trump to replace those chosen by the people.

Also, fun fact: As the article notes, if the House and Senate can't agree on who won the Electoral College vote, then Pelosi, as Speaker of the House, becomes President. This is because when the Presidential line of succession was provided for, the Speaker of the House was a political ally of the President, while the President pro tempore of the Senate was not.

And now it's the other way around; if it were the President pro tempore of the Senate who became President before the Speaker of the House, it would be Chuck Grassley, rather than Nancy Pelosi, succeeding in the office should it be vacant as of when Trump and Pence's term expires.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:46:10 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3617 on: November 15, 2020, 12:02:04 am »
I would rather it not come down to President Pelosi, but that would have a silver lining of causing the mother of all Trump meltdowns.

I fully expect that the Republicans will relent as soon as they see no more gain from denying it. But of course we have a lot of Twitter panic that Trump will be able to pull off a military coup based on his actions with the Pentagon last week. Not saying that we shouldn't be taking that seriously, because we very much should be, but a military coup would require cooperation from, well, the military. And unless I am EXTREMELY mistaken, military leadership won't let the military get involved in a domestic political dispute.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3618 on: November 15, 2020, 12:24:02 am »
I would rather it not come down to President Pelosi, but that would have a silver lining of causing the mother of all Trump meltdowns.

I fully expect that the Republicans will relent as soon as they see no more gain from denying it. But of course we have a lot of Twitter panic that Trump will be able to pull off a military coup based on his actions with the Pentagon last week. Not saying that we shouldn't be taking that seriously, because we very much should be, but a military coup would require cooperation from, well, the military. And unless I am EXTREMELY mistaken, military leadership won't let the military get involved in a domestic political dispute.

Any military lawyer would advise any commander who asks for advice should Trump issue orders to keep Biden (or Pelosi) from succeeding to the office that the orders are illegal and not to be followed.

As for the Republicans, right now the Cult of Trump is strong enough in the party that anyone with 2024 Presidential aspirations (assuming Trump doesn't run again, even if he has to pull a Eugene Debs to do it) has to kowtow to them. It's why Lindsey Graham made a huge donation to the legal fund Trump is amassing to try to fight the results in court.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3619 on: November 15, 2020, 05:23:00 am »
People complain about Biden being just as bad as Trump but let's compare their "shady" charity organizations. Trump has repeatedly had charities in his name or related to him that were used as a piggy bank by him and his family. His campaign finance charity openly admits that money donated to it only goes to campaign funding IF it is over 8'000 dollars, otherwise it all goes to his legal fund.

Biden meanwhile... His cancer research charity organization is under fire when tax documents showed that the organization spent 3 million dollars in the two years it existed for overhead costs (like wages and travel funds) and zero (0) dollars donated to cancer research. ...No why would his organization do something like that? Simple: Rather than funneling money first to the org and then to the research, they lobbied for cancer research and the 400'000'000 dollars that went to cancer research, went there directly. In other words, rather than begging dollars from random people, they went directly to rich people and companies and sent millions to cancer research. And the organization shut down because of Biden's campaign. First Biden and his family left the org so that there would be no ethical questions about him misusing his campaign or political position, and then the org shut down when they saw that without Biden and his connections, they simply could not reach the same results they did while he was involved.

Is Biden perfect? No. But unlike Trump, he doesn't turn everything he touches into shit with his Mid-Ass touch.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3620 on: November 16, 2020, 05:31:47 am »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-concession-supporters-1.5803081

Trump supporters: If Trump says he lost, we'll accept it.

You want a political cult? This is a political cult.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3621 on: November 16, 2020, 09:54:33 am »
Cult.  Nothing political about it.

Ironbite-it's just a cult.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3622 on: November 16, 2020, 08:02:48 pm »
This is basically populism in a nutshell and showing its worst excesses prominently. A personality cult around a singular leader who the cult attaches total reverence to.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3623 on: November 18, 2020, 06:49:29 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/toronto-firm-dominon-trump-voter-fraud-1.5806983

Elections Canada notes in a Tweet that it doesn't use vote tabulators from Dominion or from any other such company, in response to multiple questions from Canadians about the security of our voting system.

This is because, since we only vote on one thing at a time (above the municipal level, anyway), all our ballots are hand-marked and hand-counted.

Trump, being the ignorant fool that he is, seizes upon this as "evidence" that Dominion, based in Toronto, makes terrible systems that can't even sell domestically. (I think they might make the vote-counting machines that we use for municipal elections in my city and I've never heard a complaint about them.)

Naturally, come January 21, everything wrong with the US will be Joe Biden's fault and will always have been Joe Biden's fault.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3624 on: November 18, 2020, 10:05:54 pm »
Yup and if the economy improves drastically under Biden's presidency it will not be improving enough until the next Republican comes into office where miraculously over night the US will have the greatest economy.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3625 on: November 19, 2020, 09:34:18 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/georgia-recount-election-1.5807799

Every life lost due to COVID in the US for some time after Joe Biden takes office will be blood on Donald Trump's hands.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3626 on: November 20, 2020, 04:12:34 am »
I bet the GOP manages to make their voters believe that Biden and Democrats are responsible for it and the economic impact. ...And they'll probably believe that Biden was born in Algeria.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3627 on: November 20, 2020, 09:54:40 am »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/georgia-recount-election-1.5807799

Every life lost due to COVID in the US for some time after Joe Biden takes office will be blood on Donald Trump's hands.

Until OAN tells it's viewers that all of the covid deaths are Biden's fault. Just like the great recession was Obama's fault.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3628 on: November 21, 2020, 02:05:21 am »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-jr-covid-19-tests-positive-1.5810837

And now Donald Jr. has tested positive for COVID, but is asymptomatic and is quarantining.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3629 on: November 21, 2020, 02:30:07 am »
Ahh, how tragic. The Coronavirus has tested positive for Don Jr. I cannot imagine how much that poor virus is panicking knowing somewhere within it is Donald Trump Jr., the living embodiment of "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE NOTICE ME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!"