Author Topic: The E3 Thread  (Read 24505 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Re: The E3 Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »
...Well, the 3DS software showcase absolutely sucked. Nothing new. They didn't even announce a US release for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Hell, they spent a significant portion talking about LEGO Batman 2. WHO. THE. FUCK. CARES?!

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2012, 10:46:42 pm »
After talking it out with the girlfriend, I've come to a pretty solid conclusion about the 3DS Software Showcase: They spent way too much fucking time talking about Mario.

Not only were there two Mario games, but each one got more time to itself than any other game. Literally half the showcase time was devoted to two Mario titles.

Showing a Mario game is fine. Hell, show two. But don't devote half the damn hour you have for 3DS titles to Mario when you've already showcased a Wii U Mario game on top of that.

There was no time for more interesting material to be shown. And it's not like such material doesn't exist--for some harebrained reason, they just decided it was more important to show an idiot playing a Mario game poorly. Twice.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:53:11 pm by Yaezakura »

Saturn500

« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »
...Well, the 3DS software showcase absolutely sucked. Nothing new. They didn't even announce a US release for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Hell, they spent a significant portion talking about LEGO Batman 2. WHO. THE. FUCK. CARES?!

FUCK YES!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2012, 12:37:30 am »
Hey i like lego games jsut not on handhelds although we already knew about Batman just give us new content.  Also what about Heroes of Ruin and for the love of god shut up about Dream drop distance game has been out in japan so all the fanboys know everything already and we are going to buy it
Also at the fire emblem shut up and take my money
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:39:12 am by kefkaownsall »

Saturn500

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »
I won't say I hated E3 this year, but I was disappointed.  Last year I was glued to the TV all week.  This year it seemed they showed something interesting every now and then.  I lost count of how often they showed Halo 4, a game I would probably like (since previous games had single-player death matches) except I never liked how the aliens looked.  Unless I could kill humans, I wasn't interested.

Right now, Hitman (which I already have preordered anyway) and dishonored are the only two games shown that I'm interested, though I do want a 3DS sometime in the future, especially for Legoland.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Halo 4?

My brother is going to be super-annoying until it comes out. He's a total Halo fanboy. He doesn't play the game itself so much, mind you, but he likes to build racetracks on it. One of his tracks won 2nd place or something on a YouTube competition once, and even the creator of the video said that he would have preferred it to be 1st.

Yeah, he's a Halo fanboy but I'm still proud of him.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »
Everybody has their hobbies.  His is creating Halo racetrack maps.

I'd be proud of him, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:41 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W6JsIyiQHE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W6JsIyiQHE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imPxEsAsgXk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imPxEsAsgXk</a>

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2012, 06:55:43 pm »
Lego City Stories has me wanting a 3DS even more now.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »
Lego City Stories has me wanting a 3DS even more now.
I purchased an Energizer battery armor kit. It greatly extended the short battery life, so if you get one, get that with it.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2012, 05:05:04 am »
Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep it in mind.