Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114126 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1920 on: April 14, 2013, 05:29:29 pm »
Found this one linked on Rapture Ready:

To go along with all the sodomy that has been happening in heterosexual marriages for centuries.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1921 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:05 pm »
...I am legitimately offended by that picture from Rapture Ready.

As am I... Most homophobes at least understand that gays love their partners a bit more than just mutual butt fun. It's so stupid, that if I didn't know it was Rapture Ready, I would have assumed some 13 year old made it as a parody of homophobic people's political cartoon. It would be a terrible parody too.

You obviously know a different class of homophobes than I. I've yet to meet a single one who even acknowledges it's actual love as opposed to simple lust.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #1922 on: April 14, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »
Sodomy: So easy a caveman can do it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1923 on: April 15, 2013, 02:31:40 am »
I don't get it.  I honestly don't get it.  Straights practice anal sex all the fucking time and yet when two men do it, it's suddenly a crime.

Ironbite-it's just....so stupid.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1924 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:49 am »
I don't get it.  I honestly don't get it.  Straights practice anal sex all the fucking time and yet when two men do it, it's suddenly a crime.

Ironbite-it's just....so stupid.

1) Technically, oral counts as sodomy too.
2) The people who are categorically opposed to homosexuality for reasons of Jesus would probably look down on straight sodomy too.
3) A quick glance at the wikipedia entry for United States sodomy laws shows that many of states technically outlawed oral and anal sex between heterosexual couples, though a lot of them had exemptions for married folks. Of course, it was highly unlikely that straight people would end up prosecuted for it, but it was on the books.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1925 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:19 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1926 on: April 16, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »
What.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #1927 on: April 16, 2013, 03:06:10 pm »
Some idiot who wants a fight....

**sigh**
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #1928 on: April 16, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »
Just defriended someone on FB, they'd posted a photo of the victims at the bombing in situ. It was accompanied by a rant about gun control.

I also told him he's a sick fuck.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1929 on: April 16, 2013, 03:52:10 pm »
Just defriended someone on FB, they'd posted a photo of the victims at the bombing in situ. It was accompanied by a rant about gun control.

I don't understand people who are trying to turn this into a gun debate.  Guns weren't involved.  These were fucking bombs!  Whether we had a complete gun ban or complete unrestricted gun access wouldn't have made a difference in this situation.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #1930 on: April 16, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »

I don't understand people who are trying to turn this into a gun debate.  Guns weren't involved.  These were fucking bombs!  Whether we had a complete gun ban or complete unrestricted gun access wouldn't have made a difference in this situation.

That's not how they see it:  Apparently, had everyone there been carrying a gun, it wouldn't have happened.  Because someone setting a bomb and then legging it is....  Oh, I give up.

Distind

« Reply #1931 on: April 16, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

That's not how they see it:  Apparently, had everyone there been carrying a gun, it wouldn't have happened.  Because someone setting a bomb and then legging it is....  Oh, I give up.

Probably more of a 'Look bombs are more dangerous than guns' argument taken to an illogical extreme.

That said, it gun debate has no fucking place in this incident.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1932 on: April 16, 2013, 11:22:22 pm »

I have no idea how that would make sense, but I suppose when you have some cause and believe in it strong enough facts and logic just don't matter anymore. So basically, some pro-gun folks are fundies plain and simple.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1933 on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:00 am »
Interestingly, there are quite substantial restrictions (and rightly so) on bomb equipment like ammonium nitrate in Australia. Are there similar restrictions in the US?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Distind

« Reply #1934 on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:21 am »
Interestingly, there are quite substantial restrictions (and rightly so) on bomb equipment like ammonium nitrate in Australia. Are there similar restrictions in the US?
Farmers have to go through some serious pains in the ass to get fertilizer in bulk from what I know, so yeah. Unless you know a farmer who passed chemistry with a preference for craters.