Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115138 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2385 on: July 12, 2013, 05:21:03 pm »
Does the M stand for "Male" in that picture?
Nope. It's one of Marilyn Manson's recent symbols (he also has it tattooed on his chest).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2386 on: July 12, 2013, 05:28:22 pm »

The fuck does the last one mean?

I think it means that women went from existing to compliment the men, to women realizing they're fully functional people individually, making them people who are opposite in sex, rather than just "beings who are meant to be complimentary to men."

In other words, before - existed for men, after - existed for themselves.

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #2387 on: July 12, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »
At the risk of engaging in Tumblr-style label semantics, when I think about it, neither term is really that great. "Complimentary" implies just what you said, but "opposite" implies opposition, enemies.

I'm amused that the list "willful" as one of the positive qualities of "before feminism". I thought they hated willful women?

Opposite to it is "ignorant." But the person wrote "half a brain" up above as a good quality of women pre-feminism (vs. no brain). So, apparently, they wrote themselves into a corner. They were smart enough not to contradict themselves, but too stubborn to take an item off of the list. So they just threw down some shit that made no sense. They'd probably define "willful" as "knowing what's good for them," or something.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2388 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »
I think the word he was searching for was complementary, judging by context.

Not necessarily better, mind.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2389 on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »

I think it means that women went from existing to compliment the men, to women realizing they're fully functional people individually, making them people who are opposite in sex, rather than just "beings who are meant to be complimentary to men."

Surprised no one has mentioned lopsided yet. Does feminism make one boob grow bigger than the other or something?
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2390 on: July 12, 2013, 10:58:54 pm »
No, but it causes them to appear that way due to camera angles & a raised arm. Feminism is tricksy like that.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2391 on: July 13, 2013, 12:28:35 am »
At the risk of engaging in Tumblr-style label semantics, when I think about it, neither term is really that great. "Complimentary" implies just what you said, but "opposite" implies opposition, enemies.

Opposite doesn't necessarily imply "enemy", but rather, well, oppositeness. Like saying short is the opposite of tall doesn't imply short people are the enemies of tall people.

Semantics fight! Woo!
Σא

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2392 on: July 17, 2013, 02:51:57 am »

Go away.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #2393 on: July 17, 2013, 03:57:51 am »

Opposite doesn't necessarily imply "enemy", but rather, well, oppositeness. Like saying short is the opposite of tall doesn't imply short people are the enemies of tall people.

Semantics fight! Woo!

Kinda pointless, since I know what it's supposed to imply, but I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we claimed that this "oppositeness" wasn't used to promote adversarial behavior, like the wage gap, & the justifications thereof.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2394 on: July 17, 2013, 05:02:22 am »

Semantics fight! Woo!

If we really go into semantics, then this isn't technically a fight. Debate or discussion maybe.

...It's not a fight untill someone brings out a knife.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2395 on: July 17, 2013, 08:57:25 am »

Semantics fight! Woo!

If we really go into semantics, then this isn't technically a fight. Debate or discussion maybe.

What if they bring out guns? Or planes? Or attack elephants?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2396 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:58 am »

Semantics fight! Woo!

What if they bring out guns? Or planes? Or attack elephants?
Guns are specifically covered in the gunfight/shootout subsection. Planes and attack elephants might take it up to "conflict and/or battle" levels.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2397 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:33 am »
Could I bring in my battalion of trained battle kittens?

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2398 on: July 17, 2013, 10:34:20 am »
Could I bring in my battalion of trained battle kittens?

(click to show/hide)

Only if I can have sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #2399 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:35 am »

Surprised no one has mentioned lopsided yet. Does feminism make one boob grow bigger than the other or something?

I'm still trying ot figure out why before feminism, women came from outer space.   I mean who wears a silver bikini with a matching cape and cowl?
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor