Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115196 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2910 on: January 08, 2014, 06:52:19 pm »

Yeah, because Torquemada was such a nice guy...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2911 on: January 08, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »
Gotta say, even if you attribute the innocents they slaughtered to atheism and not more accurately to their powermongering, Christianity still wins the body count by a landslide.

...And if you factor in all the Abrahamic religions, there's no contest.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2912 on: January 08, 2014, 06:57:49 pm »
Gotta say, even if you attribute the innocents they slaughtered to atheism and not more accurately to their powermongering, Christianity still wins the body count by a landslide.

...That's going a little too far in the opposite direction.  Religion has also done a lot of good in the world.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2913 on: January 08, 2014, 07:02:58 pm »

...That's going a little too far in the opposite direction.  Religion has also done a lot of good in the world.

I don't remember saying all religion is evil, but quite a lot of bloodshed has been committed in the name of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.  That doesn't mean I don't think they are capable of good, but when they try to demonize atheism, paganism, and satanism well..

"Remove the plank from your own eye" is a fitting Bible verse that springs to mind.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2914 on: January 08, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »

Dynamic Dragon? Is that you?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2915 on: January 08, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »

I don't remember saying all religion is evil, but quite a lot of bloodshed has been committed in the name of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.  That doesn't mean I don't think they are capable of good, but when they try to demonize atheism, paganism, and satanism well..

I'd just like to say, there's some pretty horrible "morals" in the Bible.  Parts of it do kind of teach some pretty nasty stuff.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2916 on: January 08, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »

Dynamic Dragon? Is that you?

Heh, I thought the same thing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2917 on: January 08, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »

"Remove the plank from your own eye" is a fitting Bible verse that springs to mind.
Okay.  Glad to see we're on the same page.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2918 on: January 08, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »

I'd just like to say, there's some pretty horrible "morals" in the Bible.  Parts of it do kind of teach some pretty nasty stuff.

I agree, but there's still a difference between saying "Christianity is evil" and "Christians are evil".  And "Religion is evil", for that matter.

Kinda like the difference between saying "Veal is evil", "Veal eaters are evil," and "Meat is evil"

Okay.  Glad to see we're on the same page.

Not entirely sure we are, yet, but I'm okay with not being on the same page.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:45:05 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2919 on: January 08, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »
We're also on the same page as to who you are.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2920 on: January 08, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »

No we're not?  It's a vague coincidence at best.  At worst, it's a witch hunt.

Quite a few people have expressed the mindset that Ultimate Paragon has expressed in this topic.  They've even been on this forum.  Chances of this being a coincidence are fairly staggering.

I'm not saying beyond a shadow of a doubt that he ISN'T Dynamic Dragon... but that if that's all the evidence you're basing this on, it's flimsy as fuck.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2921 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:12 pm »

No we're not?  It's a vague coincidence at best.  At worst, it's a witch hunt.

Quite a few people have expressed the mindset that Ultimate Paragon has expressed in this topic.  They've even been on this forum.  Chances of this being a coincidence are fairly staggering.

I'm not saying beyond a shadow of a doubt that he ISN'T Dynamic Dragon... but that if that's all the evidence you're basing this on, it's flimsy as fuck.
Okay, now you've got me curious.  Who exactly is this "Dynamic Dragon"?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2922 on: January 08, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »
Someone who was obnoxious about whitewashing (is that the correct term?) religion, I suppose would be the best summary.  To be honest, I don't remember him too well anymore.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2923 on: January 08, 2014, 08:02:14 pm »
Someone who was obnoxious about whitewashing (is that the correct term?) religion, I suppose would be the best summary.  To be honest, I don't remember him too well anymore.
Okay, that answers my question.

Anyway...

Why do these morons think Soros, of all people, is some kind of puppetmaster?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2924 on: January 08, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »
If I had to guess, it's because he's Jewish?