Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 430663 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1215 on: June 07, 2017, 05:54:13 pm »
Yeah she literally just said fuck the people, and create more low paying jobs.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1216 on: June 07, 2017, 06:00:37 pm »
I posted those same quotes on a forum with quite a few conservatives. Here's what one of them had to say in response to some comments from some people further left economically:

Most businessman will do everything possible to pay the least possible wage.
And I don't even call that shitty - that's *what business is*.

Business exists to make money. That's what it's purpose is. If they weren't trying to make money, they'd be a non-profit. A properly run business is going to do everything in it's power to make as much money as possible, because that's it's reason for existing. That's why regulation is good - it gives business an excuse not to do terrible things in the name of a buck.
You're both committing a basic fallacy: good business = cheap business.

While cost management is a necessary consideration for any business, so is revenue generation. A person who can generate $100k/year of revenue while getting a $50k/year
salary is more valuable than a person who can generate $40k/year in revenue while getting a $30k/year salary. Both employees in this basic scenario will increase profitability, but if for some reason one of them had to be let go, any manager with a modicum of business skill would keep the first one and lay off the second one despite the second worker 'costing' less.

And this basic example shows why minimum wages are a bad idea. Let's say a minimum wage of $45k/year is mandated. Now that same manager has to let employee number 2 go because he's costing the company more than the revenue he's earning for them. Meanwhile, employee number 1 couldn't care less about the minimum wage since he's already earning more anyway.

So now E2 gets laid off and everyone complains how greedy the company is. Nevermind that the company wouldn't have made that move absent the minimum wage (remember, E2 was still a profitable company asset at 30k/year).

The labor market works just like any other: price level is set by supply and demand. Start messing with that and the people who need the most help - the ones with the least market value - are going to be the ones left out in the cold.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1217 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:09 pm »
Yeah but a company like Mcdonalds or Walmart which make Billions of dollars in profit a year. Billions. Won't pay their employees living wages or provide basic healthcare, when they can clearly afford to do so. What the fuck do they need billions in profits for? To open more Mcdonalds and Walmarts where they pretty much have them everywhere anyways?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1218 on: June 07, 2017, 08:44:56 pm »
Yeah but a company like Mcdonalds or Walmart which make Billions of dollars in profit a year. Billions. Won't pay their employees living wages or provide basic healthcare, when they can clearly afford to do so. What the fuck do they need billions in profits for? To open more Mcdonalds and Walmarts where they pretty much have them everywhere anyways?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-25/walmarts-now-ex-ceo-pocket-113-million-pension-6182-times-greater-average-wmt-worker
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1219 on: June 07, 2017, 10:43:31 pm »
Exactly.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1220 on: June 07, 2017, 11:28:36 pm »
More conservative silliness:

You shouldn't expect to make a living wage as an entry level McDonald's employee.

Living wage screams complacency and lack of hustle. Learn a trade. Climb the ladder.

If your business cannot afford to pay your staff a living wage, then that business has failed. its really that simple.

That's an incredibly broad, untrue statement.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1221 on: June 08, 2017, 12:20:26 am »
Learn a trade. Climb the ladder. Befriend fellow yuppies. Develop a six pack and pecs to DIE for. Slaughter hardbodies on your days off. Be the embodiment of the American Dream.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1222 on: June 08, 2017, 12:22:34 am »
So, in other words "fuck bitches, make money."
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1223 on: June 08, 2017, 12:34:13 am »
Meanwhile, not a peep (from anyone) about the fact that Eric Trump just said that Democrats "aren't even people."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1224 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:01 am »
Eric Trump is Patrick Bateman's new favorite Trump.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1225 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:50 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/james-comey-statement-senate-intelligence-1.4150016

Full text of former FBI Director James Comey's prepared written statement for his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1226 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:32 am »
More conservative silliness:

You shouldn't expect to make a living wage as an entry level McDonald's employee.

Living wage screams complacency and lack of hustle. Learn a trade. Climb the ladder.

If your business cannot afford to pay your staff a living wage, then that business has failed. its really that simple.

That's an incredibly broad, untrue statement.

If I employ only myself  (perhaps as an old timey shoeshine boy) and can't make enough profits to support myself and my family those people will claim that it is my own damn fault for being bad at business.

...If I run a major showshining enterprise that makes me millions in profits but my employees don't earn a living wage then suddenly those same people think that I'm a great business man and that my employees should be happy not to be able to survive with the wages...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1227 on: June 08, 2017, 10:09:15 am »
I hate how we've gone from "While progress is nice we must go slowly into the future for our children" type of conservatives to "FUCK YOU GOT MINE BOOTSTRAPS BABY PARTY BEFORE COUNTRY AND FUCK EVERYONE ELSE!" type of conservatives we've got now.

Ironbite-and I'm not sure when the switch began.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1228 on: June 08, 2017, 11:17:59 am »
I'm pretty sure that mindset began back when Reagan took office.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1229 on: June 08, 2017, 11:27:17 am »
Hey look! More conservative crazy!

I'd be interested to hear a situation where a company that cannot afford a living wage is a viable business.

I try to steer very clear from the politics thread but this has to be addressed.

Why should all jobs and businesses have to offer a "living wage"? Are there not people that want a job that do not need to earn a "living wage"? Would it be wrong that a business model focuses on attracting those employees? And if those that need a "living wage" take a job that does not offer one, how is that the business fault and why should the business increase wages because of that. People know what they will be paid when taking a job offer.

As an accountant that used to work with multiple small businesses offering a "living wage" is not always possible. That does not mean it is failed business or non-viable. It just means that this business adds jobs for those that do not require a "living wage". As it is still possible to offer a decent wage to those who do not need a full "living wage" (students, retired, people who want a second job, spouses who husband/wife earn enough, etc). and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is people taking jobs that were never meant to provide a living wage and then expecting them to.

To [that] point - he mentioned "students, retired, people who want a second job, spouses who husband/wife earn enough". Those are all part time jobs. I don't think anyone is claiming that a teen working 10 hours a week should be able to live on that wage. (Or even 20 hours/week). But if you're putting in your 35-40 hours (depending on how your jurisdiction does breaks)? You should be making enough to make ends meet.