Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 637746 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2430 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:33 pm »
I would like to know what fan created comic is based around that rape is funny. Sorry, I really don't get into to much of the fan work stuff of late.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2431 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:31 pm »
His name would be John Jolesco (I'm terrible at memorizing his last name), and his "comic" (more so an Ask [character] blog, and one of those deliberately OOC blogs) is known to the MLP fandom world as Ask Molestria. That's right, Celestria is re-fabricated as a serial rapist, by name molesting various other characters of the show.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2432 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:18 pm »
The Brony documentary is the dumbest thing, because it was made and paid for by people with an overwhelming bias towards portraying the community in as positive a light as possible

Even better, afterwards the creators were complaining about people pirating the thing. Because they didn't see this coming, considering this fandom started when people started putting the episodes on Youtube and torrent sites. lel.

That's right, Celestria is re-fabricated as a serial rapist, by name molesting various other characters of the show.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I also remember going through that blog and not actually finding any instances of rape jokes or trivializing rape. So, yeah.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2433 on: January 10, 2014, 01:54:52 am »
It's Joseco, Ask Molestia, and the worst it gets is implied groping and playful "you're getting SO laid tonight, now come with me".

And I'm acquainted with the guy.  Nice dude.  Also, yeah, not a whole lot of rape there.  Like, there hasn't been anything of that nature since the VERY early days of the tumblr.  Molly's more interested in getting the Royal Tush stuffed.  Not that I blame her.  Praise the sun, indeed...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2434 on: January 10, 2014, 06:16:28 am »
Say, am I the only one who thinks the dragons should get there culture more fleshed out (as well as zebra's,gryphons,ect)?

You said something positive should happen to dragons so my answer is automatically "I agree, that should be the case."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2435 on: January 10, 2014, 03:06:39 pm »
Say, am I the only one who thinks the dragons should get there culture more fleshed out (as well as zebra's,gryphons,ect)?

You said something positive should happen to dragons so my answer is automatically "I agree, that should be the case."

Yeah, right there with you.  Dragon Quest was a travesty and there needed to direly be more.  Also, have you SEEN my avatar? Gryphon Kingdoms, especially after seeing Gilda WAY back in S1 NEEDS to happen.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2436 on: January 10, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »
...I loved Dragon Quest :(
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2437 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:56 pm »
A travesty in portraying most other dragons as absolute dicks.  I know there's more to it than that.

... come to think of it, I need to link you to something, next time I'm in IRC.  You'll squee, I think :3

Formerly Priestling

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2438 on: January 10, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »

Yeah, right there with you.  Dragon Quest was a travesty and there needed to direly be more.  Also, have you SEEN my avatar? Gryphon Kingdoms, especially after seeing Gilda WAY back in S1 NEEDS to happen.
Now THAT would be awesome. I would sell my left ovary for a dragon/griffin culture episode, and it's definitely feasible. They've touched on the idea of exploring other species' cultures (Over A Barrel) and on the idea of characters/elements from previous seasons in new episodes (Luna, the Crystal Empire). Now we wait.
Slight tangent, but another thing I'd love to reappear is the Equestria Rodeo that was a plot point in The Last Roundup. At the very least, it would give Applejack a shot at more character development and it's a good counterpart for the Crystal Empire in terms of former-oneshot-ness.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2439 on: January 10, 2014, 03:25:59 pm »
You guys might get the opportunity to see your ideas realized at some point.  After all, Season 5 has been confirmed!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2440 on: January 10, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
You guys might get the opportunity to see your ideas realized at some point.  After all, Season 5 has been confirmed!
*screaming, toe-curling fangasm*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2441 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:19 pm »
And this season's far from over. There's still plenty of time for it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2442 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »
A travesty in portraying most other dragons as absolute dicks.

It kinda came across more like "teenagers can be dicks so don't join their cliques" :V There were a lot of dragons and the only ones that were really dicks were Garble's gang.

And even his gang had some problems with what he was doing with the Phoenix eggs.

That said, looking forward to the link :D

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2443 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:42 pm »
My concern is that... well, we've been rumored and promised new locales since late season 2... what have we gotten? Crystal Empire, and a nod to Saddle Arabia.  C'mon, there's more out there!

Formerly Priestling

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2444 on: January 10, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »

No brakes on the money train!