Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 639728 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2445 on: January 11, 2014, 12:13:01 am »
You guys might get the opportunity to see your ideas realized at some point.  After all, Season 5 has been confirmed!

No brakes on the money train!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2446 on: January 11, 2014, 02:15:57 am »
Yeah that part I didn't like so much, admittedly.

Then again I'm an utter dragon fanboy, so seeing them, good or bad, makes me happy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2447 on: January 11, 2014, 11:37:44 am »
Say, am I the only one who thinks the dragons should get there culture more fleshed out (as well as zebra's,gryphons,ect)?

You said something positive should happen to dragons so my answer is automatically "I agree, that should be the case."

Yeah, right there with you.  Dragon Quest was a travesty and there needed to direly be more.  Also, have you SEEN my avatar? Gryphon Kingdoms, especially after seeing Gilda WAY back in S1 NEEDS to happen.
Now THAT would be awesome. I would sell my left ovary for a dragon/griffin culture episode, and it's definitely feasible. They've touched on the idea of exploring other species' cultures (Over A Barrel) and on the idea of characters/elements from previous seasons in new episodes (Luna, the Crystal Empire). Now we wait.
Slight tangent, but another thing I'd love to reappear is the Equestria Rodeo that was a plot point in The Last Roundup. At the very least, it would give Applejack a shot at more character development and it's a good counterpart for the Crystal Empire in terms of former-oneshot-ness.

...I keep forgetting you have ovaries.  I've gotten so used to "Shane is a man" that I sometimes forget the "transgender" part.

But yes.  I want to see more about those other races on MLP.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2448 on: January 11, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
I LOVED THIS EPISODE XD

I don't think I could even define why, just... I loved it XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2449 on: January 11, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »
I LOVED THIS EPISODE XD

I don't think I could even define why, just... I loved it XD

Because Big Mac in floaties? :3

*runs away giggling*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2450 on: January 11, 2014, 03:44:26 pm »
Big Mac period, probably.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2451 on: January 11, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »
Say, am I the only one who thinks the dragons should get there culture more fleshed out (as well as zebra's,gryphons,ect)?

You said something positive should happen to dragons so my answer is automatically "I agree, that should be the case."

Yeah, right there with you.  Dragon Quest was a travesty and there needed to direly be more.  Also, have you SEEN my avatar? Gryphon Kingdoms, especially after seeing Gilda WAY back in S1 NEEDS to happen.
Now THAT would be awesome. I would sell my left ovary for a dragon/griffin culture episode, and it's definitely feasible. They've touched on the idea of exploring other species' cultures (Over A Barrel) and on the idea of characters/elements from previous seasons in new episodes (Luna, the Crystal Empire). Now we wait.
Slight tangent, but another thing I'd love to reappear is the Equestria Rodeo that was a plot point in The Last Roundup. At the very least, it would give Applejack a shot at more character development and it's a good counterpart for the Crystal Empire in terms of former-oneshot-ness.

...I keep forgetting you have ovaries.  I've gotten so used to "Shane is a man" that I sometimes forget the "transgender" part.

But yes.  I want to see more about those other races on MLP.
... I'm William. Shane is Commander Shepard. *eyebrow raise*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2452 on: January 11, 2014, 03:59:36 pm »
I gotta say I'm just as disappointed as Pinkie in finding out that there's no definitive answer to their rather distant common relation.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2453 on: January 12, 2014, 06:07:29 am »
Okay, a side note, but this became sort of a hilarious in-joke between me and Rusty.

Basically, in a vacuum, I made my pony OC a necromancer unicorn, because I like necromancers.

Turns out, for some reason, necroponies are one of the more common OC types out there.  Ranging from unicorns (99% of them) to an earth pony using her deceased sister's unicorn horn to perform necromancy (I think this counts as the 1%)

Seriously, lots of pony necromancer OCs out there, and I am amused.  Not annoyed, amused.  I don't know why so many people thought that necromancers and ponies went together so well, but apparently it happened. XD I never really wanted to be speshul anyways, uniqueness is overrated.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2454 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:33 pm »
Pinkie Pie is the fuckin' greatest. almost every frame of the episode was one new reaction image after another.

Also, apparently Slenderman decided to make an appearance in the latest episode.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2455 on: January 12, 2014, 01:44:01 pm »
"Apples to the Core" is best pony. That is all.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2456 on: January 12, 2014, 09:08:44 pm »
Big Mac was the best part of the episode. And I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite non-mane 6 character. Or maybe I am.

Anyone else catch the Twilightliscious joke?

Also, an update on my season 4 wishlist.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2457 on: January 12, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
So I was thinking about something, and beyond the visual clues I think I have a headcanon that strongly suggests that Pinkie and Applejack are related.

Okay, so Pinkie notices that Great Auntie Applesauce is a fourth cousin Twice removed to the Pie family (or so she says).  Now, even though the entry is smudged, Pinkie confidence suggests that the exact name of the pony that Applesauce is related to is one that Pinkie recognizes, possibly one of her parents or grandparents.  When she reads this, she assumes that it refers to HER parent/grandparent.  THIS is why she's initially so certain, before Applejack brings doubt into things by noting that what Pinkie subconsciously/automatically thought was "Pie" wasn't really legible.

Of course, this means that popular to what might be popular headcanon, Pinkie and Applejack aren't possible 4th cousins twice removed, but potentially either fifth cousins thrice removed, sixth cousins twice removed, or sixth cousins once removed.  This is assuming either one or two generations between the unknown Pie, two generations between the great aunt (not up for debate by definition) and Applejack, and either side having more generations crammed between the common ancestor of the Pie/Apple family.

Yay for overthinking cartoon ancestry!  Of course the best part of about this headcanon is that it doesn't conflict with canon because Applejack's doubts over where it says "Pie" are reasonable as ponies do seem to be capable of sharing "first" names with each other.  Therefore Pinkie could still have jumped to the wrong conclusion just because she saw her mother/father/grandmother/grandfather's first name and mistook it as referring to said pony.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:04:30 am by Captain Jack Harkness »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2458 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
Big Mac was the best part of the episode. And I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite non-mane 6 character. Or maybe I am.

Am I the only one annoyed that virtually the only dialog he had was "yup" and "nope"
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2459 on: January 13, 2014, 12:27:36 am »

Am I the only one annoyed that virtually the only dialog he had was "yup" and "nope"

Eeeeyup.