Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388043 times)

Online dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3690 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:16 pm »
Well good news is that the democrats took the senate.

It looks that way, but one thing I've learned from watching elections over the last few months is never to be sure about a race until all the votes are in.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3691 on: January 06, 2021, 06:31:58 pm »
Today.... wow. I am at a loss for words.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3692 on: January 06, 2021, 09:46:23 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.5863334/dark-day-in-american-history-cbc-s-katie-simpson-on-the-chaotic-scene-at-u-s-capitol-1.5863661

The CBC's senior Washington correspondent talking about what it was like to be there.

(I don't know if you can listen to the audio if you're not in Canada.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3693 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:55 pm »
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3694 on: January 06, 2021, 10:39:39 pm »
A woman who helped storm the capitol was killed.

I'm waiting on further details to come out about the shooting, but whatever her role in events, that it happened is a horrific tragedy.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3695 on: January 06, 2021, 11:01:02 pm »
Who shot and killed her because the police weren't doing anything to stop them.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3696 on: January 07, 2021, 01:42:10 am »
Police warning shot hit in just the right spot.

Ironbite-and I have no sympathy.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3697 on: January 07, 2021, 07:03:07 am »
Wonder if anyone's still on the fence about whether or not the cult of Trump is fascist?

What a shitshow!

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3698 on: January 07, 2021, 12:22:53 pm »
At least it got the Senators to take it seriously enough that there were no more valid objections other than to Pennsylvania, and Hawley only objected there so that come 2024 (or 2028) Cruz wouldn't be the only person on stage who could say that he tried to "stop the steal". By the time they got to Wisconsin, whichever Senator had planned to sign on to the objection got cold feet, and even Hawley didn't try to defend his objection to Pennsylvania's votes.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3699 on: January 07, 2021, 12:52:33 pm »

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3700 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:06 pm »

Didn't you know?  That was ANTIFA storming the Capitol Building yesterday, to make Donald Trump and his supporters look really bad!  Ignore that a bunch of them have been identified (and yep, tons of white supremacists), Fox News and Matt "Florida Man" Gaetz says it was ANTIFA dammit, so it was! /s

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3701 on: January 07, 2021, 06:08:50 pm »
Didn't you know?  That was ANTIFA storming the Capitol Building yesterday, to make Donald Trump and his supporters look really bad!  Ignore that a bunch of them have been identified (and yep, tons of white supremacists), Fox News and Matt "Florida Man" Gaetz says it was ANTIFA dammit, so it was! /s

It's no less stupid than claiming the antifa and BLM rioters last year were "actually" alt-right. Remember that?

This happened partly because of establishment and leftist types normalizing violence and undermining confidence in the electoral process. You wanna crow about how your rioting is getting positive results? Don't be surprised if other people try it. You wanna scream "all cops are bastards"? Don't be surprised if other people turn on law enforcement. And if you want to insist Trump couldn't have won without foreign interference... well, don't be surprised if people insist Biden couldn't have won without fraud.

Like it or not, actions have consequences. This is the chickens coming home to roost. Am I trying to justify what happened? No. What I'm trying to do is explain that when you try to normalize a tactic or an idea, it will inevitably be used against you. Pro-slavery politicians justified their stances based on states' rights, then started whining when Northern states passed personal liberty laws to prevent the return of runaway slaves in defiance of the Fugitive Slave Act. Trotsky endorsed violence and terror against political dissidents, then bitched and moaned when Stalin persecuted his followers. Nazi Germany committed terror bombing against Polish and British cities, then cried foul when the Allies did the same thing to Germany in retaliation. Things like this have happened over and over again. And they'll probably keep happening for as long as humanity exists.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3702 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:58 pm »
It's no less stupid than claiming the antifa and BLM rioters last year were "actually" alt-right. Remember that?

Except there has been evidence and charges brought to right wing extremists and accelerationists who instigated some of the violence to undermine the protests. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/22/who-caused-violence-protests-its-not-antifa/

This happened partly because of establishment and leftist types normalizing violence and undermining confidence in the electoral process.

What the fuck are you talking about? The only person I see normalizing violence and undermining the confidence in the electoral process is Trump, and it's been Trump since the beginning.

You wanna crow about how your rioting is getting positive results? Don't be surprised if other people try it.

So you're comparing the riots spurred on by the police against peaceful protestors who want police to stop being violent to rioters committing sedition against their own government and trying to stop the electoral process and the peaceful transfer of power?

You wanna scream "all cops are bastards"? Don't be surprised if other people turn on law enforcement.

They are bastards. I don't know why the right is surprised when they turn against them as well.

And if you want to insist Trump couldn't have won without foreign interference... well, don't be surprised if people insist Biden couldn't have won without fraud.

It's true people were saying that yet the peaceful transfer of power happened and liberals accepted Trumps legitimate win in 2016 even with or without foreign interference. What I would have liked to have seen is the right do the fucking same instead of being sore loser cry babies.

What I'm trying to do

What I would like you to try and do is kindly fuck off.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3703 on: January 07, 2021, 07:49:20 pm »

This happened partly because of establishment and leftist types normalizing violence and undermining confidence in the electoral process. You wanna crow about how your rioting is getting positive results? Don't be surprised if other people try it. You wanna scream "all cops are bastards"? Don't be surprised if other people turn on law enforcement. And if you want to insist Trump couldn't have won without foreign interference... well, don't be surprised if people insist Biden couldn't have won without fraud.

Like it or not, actions have consequences. This is the chickens coming home to roost. Am I trying to justify what happened? No. What I'm trying to do is explain that when you try to normalize a tactic or an idea, it will inevitably be used against you. Pro-slavery politicians justified their stances based on states' rights, then started whining when Northern states passed personal liberty laws to prevent the return of runaway slaves in defiance of the Fugitive Slave Act. Trotsky endorsed violence and terror against political dissidents, then bitched and moaned when Stalin persecuted his followers. Nazi Germany committed terror bombing against Polish and British cities, then cried foul when the Allies did the same thing to Germany in retaliation. Things like this have happened over and over again. And they'll probably keep happening for as long as humanity exists.

Leave it to Vanto the Barely Concealed Alt-Right Shitbag to carry water for literal terrorists and act like this is AKSHUALLY THE LEFT'S FAULT. It's always the Left's fault with shitheads like you. You turn things around every single time when the right misbehaves to try and turn it around "well, if the left hadn't been JUST AS BAD things like this wouldn't be happening."

Fuck you and fuck your just as bad waffling.

Nobody here is gonna take your shit, especially after what happened in DC. Nobody here accepts what garbage you spew out of your second anus you call a mouth.

So get lost, leave, go, never come back you literal sleazebag.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3704 on: January 07, 2021, 08:46:52 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-concedes-1.5865609

Trump has finally conceded the election, and called the attack on the US Capitol--an attack he encouraged--"heinous" and claimed it left him "outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem".

Also, the riot has now claimed five lives, including one member of the Capitol Police.

Over/under on how many days until Trump flips on this?