Community > Entertainment and Television

Tabletop Game Thread

<< < (2/72) > >>

Askold:
Yesterdays gaming session...

It was the other campaign I'm in and the characters were knee deep in blood as they were part of an army attacking a fort. I'll try to cut out irrelevant stuff but there is one "saga" that needs to be told.

PC1 (my character) is an archer and had been taking arrow fire from the wall as he was giving covering fire to the infantry, after taking an arrow to the face and getting down to "severely injured" status he decided to hide behind a pavise and try to stay alive. (The penalties from his injuries made it pretty much impossible to use bow well enough to seriously injure the enemies as they had some well armoured warriors.) At least taking cover kept him alive long enough to get to "heroic phase."

(In this game, in mass battles there are two phases, phase one had the characters doing their things and facing off mostly common enemies with a rare chance for an opportunity to do something "heroic" and after either doing enough damage to enemies or having all PCs leave the battle wether due to injuries or running away comes the end phase. At the end phase those still in the fight automatically get a chance at trying something heroic. The outcome is affected by the armies, the commander's tactic rolls and by the damage the players cause in the battle, but the heroics depending on their success can change the outcome.)

PC2 as rolls "chance to strike at a high ranked opponent" and has a short duel with Aakko Jutikka (the second in line of succession of the enemy clan) and easily defeats him, giving him a nasty wound in his leg, but is unable to finish him off...

PC1 meanwhile has been driven out from behind the pavise because an allied clan leader wanted to take cover behind it and is out in the open and also rolls "chance to strike at a high ranked opponent..." Aakko Jutikka, bleeding and limping has climbed over the wall of the fort and is trying to flee. He recognises PC1 by name and shouts a challenge, declaring that even though he will die here he will at least take PC1 down with him... PC1 finds this to be a perfectly acceptable outcome and they fight. Both are already covered in blood and due to the penalties from injuries the fight is closer to slapstick as they flail, fail and fumble about. Unfortunately PC1 (still me) gets a catastrophic fumble and is stomped into the mud, unconscious and with nearly lethal wounds.

PC3 (also gravely wounded and limping towards the camp where the injured are being treated) rolls "chance to strike at a high ranked opponent" and sees Aakko Jutikka... This was becoming a theme. Aakko was sitting on a tree stump taking a breather after dragging himself across the battlefield and PC3 decides that rather than risking her life in a fight she can't win (also being one of the few characters without the flaw of being vengeful) she decides to get reinforcements and they easily finish off Aakko.

Few hours after the battle and after much searching the others finally found PC1 lying in the mud and just barely manage to stabilize him...

It is becoming a theme that PC1 takes the most damage in any battle and is always nearly dead.

Vypernight:
Playing All Things Zombie, I used Googlemaps to create a game map of the area between my work and apartment.  I then ran a game with characters, based on me and my wife, trying to get home with zombies everywhere.

We tried to escape with a cop, but he got eaten and we couldn't get to our car.  We then decided to try building after building to hide, but they all had zombies even them.  Even the gun shop was invaded (and unfortunately empty of weapons).

We never made it home, but we did managed to hole up in the adult store (the only building with no zombies), which also had power and enough food to last us a couple of months.  We also ran into four strippers from the strip club across the street, and all four were armed.  I'm guessing that since the gun store is across from the strip club, they got there before it emptied). 

It seemed like a good place to stop for the night.  I mean there are worse places to hide during a zombie invasion than an adult store with 4 strippers who are all armed and plenty of food for everyone.

Svata:
Was playing 5e D&D last Wednesday, and we're doing the pre published module. We were facing the over-chief of the lizardfolk, who we're kinda co-opting to take out the dragon cultists. They're uniting behind Snapjaw, whom we've befriended. The suncaller (over-chief) had just taken out half of our tank's HP in one round, and is up next after me. If he doesn't go down, he's totally murdering the shit out of snapjaw. I'm a lv 3 arcane trickster rogue, so I havetwo spells per day. In a desperate attempt to wij, I cast Hideous Laughter. He nat 1s his will save, then fails his new one at the end of his turn. Snapjaw is up, he attacks, and... Nat 1. Bu, as the suncaller is incapacitated, he has advantage. He hits, auto-critting, and manages tokill him. 

R. U. Sirius:

--- Quote from: Vypernight on December 14, 2014, 03:45:39 pm ---Playing All Things Zombie, I used Googlemaps to create a game map of the area between my work and apartment.  I then ran a game with characters, based on me and my wife, trying to get home with zombies everywhere.

We tried to escape with a cop, but he got eaten and we couldn't get to our car.  We then decided to try building after building to hide, but they all had zombies even them.  Even the gun shop was invaded (and unfortunately empty of weapons).

We never made it home, but we did managed to hole up in the adult store (the only building with no zombies), which also had power and enough food to last us a couple of months.  We also ran into four strippers from the strip club across the street, and all four were armed.  I'm guessing that since the gun store is across from the strip club, they got there before it emptied). 

It seemed like a good place to stop for the night.  I mean there are worse places to hide during a zombie invasion than an adult store with 4 strippers who are all armed and plenty of food for everyone.

--- End quote ---

...How does an adult store have any food at all, much less enough to last a group of six people for months?

Askold:

--- Quote from: R. U. Sirius on December 15, 2014, 03:55:39 am ---...How does an adult store have any food at all, much less enough to last a group of six people for months?

--- End quote ---
Dick shaped candies and foodstuff? Customers who pay with food? Or maybe the survivors simply looted some food (but I doubt it is enough for 6 months so they have to leave sooner or later) before boarding up the doors and windows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version