Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388140 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #720 on: March 06, 2017, 12:48:05 am »
Whomever thought up gerrymandering should have been shot before he uttered a single word of it to anyone.

You sure it wasn't independently discovered by multiple people?

If anything, it's a natural offshoot of Britain's "rotten boroughs," where boundaries were left untouched for decades until Old Sarum (population a few sheep) had more MPs than Manchester (booming industrial city).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #721 on: March 06, 2017, 04:06:51 am »
Now Trump has said that Obama has 'wire-tapped' trump tower. The best thing to come out of it is Sarah Huckabee Sanders saying if that's true then it is a big deal. Ignoring the fact that Trump could get direct knowledge if there was any.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTGjxhcCI4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTGjxhcCI4</a>

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #722 on: March 06, 2017, 04:30:13 am »
Whomever thought up gerrymandering should have been shot before he uttered a single word of it to anyone.

You sure it wasn't independently discovered by multiple people?
Who all happened to be the sole person on the electoral roll in one hundred separate districts?

In other news John Oliver has christened the multi-car pile up that has been the Trump cabinets response to revelations about Russian interference in the election "Stupid Watergate"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RlJ2WJCSc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RlJ2WJCSc</a>

Also, hells fucking bells!
Now Trump has said that Obama has 'wire-tapped' trump tower. The best thing to come out of it is Sarah Huckabee Sanders saying if that's true then it is a big deal. Ignoring the fact that Trump could get direct knowledge if there was any.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTGjxhcCI4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTGjxhcCI4</a>

The Trump's surrogate's response to that reporter was essentially that by "take the media seriously" Trump has taken the sum total of media reporting, including the tinfoil hat fringe-especially the tinfoil hat fringe and come out howling "muh Obama tapppped muh wires" like a confused centenarian thinking that he's back dodging ordinance in the Somme. This is supposed to...reassure people?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:38:19 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #723 on: March 06, 2017, 04:49:08 am »
...like a confused centenarian thinking that he's back dodging ordinance in the Somme. This is supposed to...reassure people?

No, like a cowardly twenty-something with "bone spurs" dodging STDs at orgies while children of poorer parents go to Vietnam to be cannon fodder.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #724 on: March 06, 2017, 05:06:45 am »
...like a confused centenarian thinking that he's back dodging ordinance in the Somme. This is supposed to...reassure people?

No, like a cowardly twenty-something with "bone spurs" dodging STDs at orgies while children of poorer parents go to Vietnam to be cannon fodder.
Eh, I didn't mean to imply Trump would be brave enough to put his orange arsehole into danger. Merely that he sounded like he was having a "grandad moment".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #725 on: March 06, 2017, 07:26:23 am »
New travel ban set to be implemented today.  It's the same as the old one only Iraq has been left off the no go country list.

Ironbite-thats ballsy

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #726 on: March 06, 2017, 08:07:45 am »
How long before it is also struck down by a federal judge?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #727 on: March 06, 2017, 01:26:21 pm »
How long before it is also struck down by a federal judge?

You mean "How long before Trump goes on a Twitter tirade about how judges are threatening national security?"

EDIT: But then this is of course the old trick: propose something really outrageous so that your follow-up looks reasonable. (You see the same thing with abortion; for instance, in Ohio, Kasich vetoed a bill that would have banned it after about six weeks so that he could look reasonable signing a twenty-week ban.)

Failing that, of course, you just keep signing slightly modified versions of the same thing to overwhelm the courts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:46:20 pm by dpareja »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #728 on: March 07, 2017, 02:14:56 am »
In other news Ben Carson is a very stupid man.

"That's what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity, There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #729 on: March 07, 2017, 04:12:08 am »
....I don't know which part of that statement I should criticise first.

Luckily Samuel L. Jackson already commented on this:
OK!! Ben Carson....I can't! Immigrants ? In the bottom of SLAVE SHIPS??!! MUTHAFUKKA PLEASE!!!#dickheadedtom
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:14:29 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #730 on: March 07, 2017, 07:28:37 am »
Well this is the man who said that pyramids were built to store grain. So is anyone surprised?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #731 on: March 07, 2017, 05:06:01 pm »
I'll never make another "brain surgeon" joke again.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #732 on: March 07, 2017, 05:53:03 pm »
Did he ever operate on himself?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #733 on: March 07, 2017, 06:02:28 pm »
I'll never make another "brain surgeon" joke again.

'Brain Surgery' huh well it's not Rocket science is it?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #734 on: March 07, 2017, 06:14:25 pm »
New travel ban set to be implemented today.  It's the same as the old one only Iraq has been left off the no go country list.

Ironbite-thats ballsy

It also doesn't turn away permanent residents and people with visas.
Σא