Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388439 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3465 on: August 26, 2020, 04:56:49 pm »
Rita Repulsa deserves better.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3466 on: September 01, 2020, 11:43:11 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3467 on: September 01, 2020, 05:48:07 pm »
That's why the asshole shouldn't declare victory until all of the votes are counted. That's like equivalent to videos where you see somebody show boating at the end of a race only to get passed up right at the last second.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3468 on: September 01, 2020, 08:44:50 pm »
That's why the asshole shouldn't declare victory until all of the votes are counted. That's like equivalent to videos where you see somebody show boating at the end of a race only to get passed up right at the last second.

Yes, but he's been priming his supporters to think that mail-in ballots are illegitimate. So he'll declare victory based on election-night returns, and then if the later vote counting swings the result to Biden claim that the election was stolen from him.

And his supporters will eat it up.

He has nothing to lose by declaring victory on November 3 if he's ahead then.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3469 on: September 02, 2020, 01:37:56 am »

Declaring victory before the votes haven't been counted worked for Bush in 2000. Remember how that went?

And if Trump is mainly interested in causing chaos, declaring victory and then having to fight when people say that the count isn't over, would fit right in with his narrative that the Democrats are trying to steal the election through voting by mail. At the minimum he would ensure that for the entirety of Biden's term, there will be protests and screaming and lots of angry Republicans who will refuse to do anything that the president wants. At worst you'll see blood on the streets.

...A mediocre success for him would be a massive legal battle that ensures that he can stay on TV for the rest of his life talking about how democracy died in USA because Democrats were allowed to "cheat" and the Republicans would be the dicks they always are and nod their heads in agreement while trying to get all the donations and votes they can by capitalizing on the lies.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3470 on: September 03, 2020, 01:19:40 pm »
So Trump told his voters in North Carolina in order to prevent Democrats from committing imaginary voter fraud to vote twice and commit voter fraud.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3471 on: September 03, 2020, 02:46:02 pm »
And then Bill Barr pretended that Trump did nothing wrong by telling people to commit voter fraud.

All setting up to try to illegitimatize a Biden victory.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3472 on: September 03, 2020, 06:36:47 pm »
The only way this isn't going to be messy is by a clear Biden win on election night.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3473 on: September 03, 2020, 08:50:27 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3474 on: September 03, 2020, 09:10:35 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-north-carolina-voting-1.5710497

Source.

Meanwhile, Trump will claim to be the candidate of law and order and his supporters will eat it up.

Even as he encourages them to break the law.

Biden's not going to be the clear winner on election night. He might well be the actual winner but it won't be on the night itself.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3475 on: September 05, 2020, 01:32:31 am »
And now the net is filled with people arguing "the president was just trollling the libs," "the president didn't mean to break the laws, just to go ask if the letter you sent has arrived and to vote if it hadn't come through" and of course my favourite "the law requires you to go to the polling place and show your ID after you have voted by mail."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3476 on: September 05, 2020, 03:59:18 am »
Never mind that in North Carolina, at least, not only is it a felony to vote twice, it's (apparently) a felony to induce someone to vote twice.

Donald Trump is a felon in North Carolina.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3477 on: September 05, 2020, 04:43:47 pm »
Well Donald Trump is a felon to the whole country.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3478 on: September 05, 2020, 04:53:33 pm »
Well Donald Trump is a felon to the whole country.

True. Which is why he's desperate to stay in office--the moment he leaves, there's no longer any questions about "can you prosecute a sitting President?"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3479 on: September 06, 2020, 10:42:20 am »
Nah, he'll die of "natural causes."  Ya know, kinda like how Epstein totally killed himself.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.