Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 569516 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:09 pm »
It certainly seemed like it to me. Pinkie Pie annoys the poor old man to no end, snoops through his personal belongings, destroys his property on more than one occasion, and yet faces absolutely no consequences because she manages to not fuck up one thing. One thing that would have happened sooner or later anyway with both donkeys living in the same small town.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28:46 pm »
It certainly seemed like it to me. Pinkie Pie annoys the poor old man to no end, snoops through his personal belongings, destroys his property on more than one occasion, and yet faces absolutely no consequences because she manages to not fuck up one thing. One thing that would have happened sooner or later anyway with both donkeys living in the same small town.

My Little Pony:  Teaching the virtue of forgiveness better than most religions!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

While I get that, there's kind of a limit. Pinkie should be in jail for everything she did to Cranky.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2012, 03:51:02 pm »

While I get that, there's kind of a limit. Pinkie should be in jail for everything she did to Cranky.
Destruction of private property usually results in a lawsuit.

She learned someponies don't like to be bothered like that. It was right in the letter. She kinda learned her lesson, and was properly rebuffed by Cranky. I don't think there was anything to worry about at all.  :'(

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »

She learned someponies don't like to be bothered like that. It was right in the letter. She kinda learned her lesson, and was properly rebuffed by Cranky. I don't think there was anything to worry about at all.  :'(

But there's also the stalking, breaking into his home, and the massive invasion of privacy by snooping through his private materials...

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2012, 04:08:39 pm »

But there's also the stalking, breaking into his home, and the massive invasion of privacy by snooping through his private materials...
Sweet Celestia,... Look, she's an exaggeration of overly hyper and interested people. I had a friend in college who would follow you everywhere unless you were very, VERY blunt, follow you into your room unless you were the same. The exaggeration is hyperbole that is appropriately frowned upon in the magical pony-filled world.

The aesop at the end specifically specified that some people want to be left alone and to listen to them, thus indicating to anyone that Pinkie Pie's actions were WRONG.

It was a silly episode with a good lesson. Pinkie's aggressiveness did NOT work. What worked was her simply stopping to think and help someone.

If you are intending this analysis in a more lighthearted manner than I'm interpreting, I apologize and will excuse myself from discussion. I don't find overanalysis of the series that interesting, as my overeaction to shipping has shown.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2012, 04:17:56 pm »
Yes, it was mostly meant to be lighthearted. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm not too fond of Pinkie Pie, so I'd have liked to see some actual long-term consequences to her overbearing actions.

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »
Yes, it was mostly meant to be lighthearted. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm not too fond of Pinkie Pie, so I'd have liked to see some actual long-term consequences to her overbearing actions.
The long-term consequence is that she has to restrain herself! Duh! :P

EDIT: And now I just has a drama queen breakdown. Oh, Rarity, what have you done to me? This is...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vfa6HXsccE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vfa6HXsccE</a>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:39:29 pm by e13 »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »
While I did find Pinkie slightly annoying I loved the song and the felt thought bubble. 

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:56 pm »
PINKIE PIE IS BEST PONY OF ALL PONIES

Also, today we learned that when Pinkie is overloaded with happiness she explodes into fireworks. wat.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »
PINKIE PIE IS BEST PONY OF ALL PONIES

Also, today we learned that when Pinkie is overloaded with happiness she explodes into fireworks. wat.

THIS x 1 million ;D

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #491 on: February 19, 2012, 10:39:39 pm »
Ok, Who is every brony's favorite CMC??
I like all three, but it's a tie between Sweetie Belle & Scootaloo for my favorite.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »
Scootaloo

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:43 pm »
At the moment, it's Applebloom. I realize she gets a lot more screen time, but I just tend to like her more in general.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:33 pm »
I gotta go with Scootaloo. She really needs an episode to herself. She's got the most mysterious origins, in that we don't know anything about her beyond "World's Biggest Rainbow Dash Fan" yet.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"