Author Topic: Who is Timothy McVeigh?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Who is Timothy McVeigh?
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:15:54 am »
I know this person and his role in the Oklahoma City bombings, but continued searching online gives me mixed messages on who he was specifically in affiliations. Republican, Democrat, Christian, atheist, Islamic? Anyone here better versed in this?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Who is Timothy McVeigh?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:58 am »
He was a conspiracy theorist who was into the hysteria over Bill Clinton, none of them much different from the hysteria over Barack Obama today. Okay, no accusations of Islamic fundamentalism, but there was one video (presumably one he may had seen) accuses him of promoting corrupt New Age organizations, alongside the narmy "destroy Christianity forever" scheme.* Some sources say he was a neo-nazi, or just some other crazy, as he was also a follower of the Turner Diaries. But yeah, I'll just say it's simple: He was fucked up in the head.

*Thank you, Everything is Terrible!, for sharing one of those video catalogs by some company who supplied "documentaries" on various "You, as a Christian should know this" subjects.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:01:06 am »
Hmm, I see. Basically the same with Nazis on these sorts of issues.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:31:35 am »
From what I remember watching the news from the time of the bombing until his execution, was a conservative right-wing nutjob and member of the "militia" movement, but probably not associated with any political party. Terry Nichols (his accomplice) is definitely a racist, but I think McVeigh was just an equal opportunity sociopath.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
From what I remember watching the news from the time of the bombing until his execution, was a conservative right-wing nutjob and member of the "militia" movement, but probably not associated with any political party. Terry Nichols (his accomplice) is definitely a racist, but I think McVeigh was just an equal opportunity sociopath.

I say the same. No mystery.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »
Republicans hate thim after all a white christian gun owner is pure evil.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »
We should also mention the Waco seige and Unintended Consequences.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »
He was a Gulf War vet who was affiliated with the militia movement and White Nationalists--his attack on the federal building was inspired by The Turner Diaries. He was an antigovernment conspiracy theorist who believed he was waging a war against tyrants, and was outraged by government atrocities like the siege in Waco. (Though I'd argue that the Branch Davidians themselves bore most of the the responsibility for what happened that day.)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 09:27:06 pm »
He was a Gulf War vet who was affiliated with the militia movement and White Nationalists--his attack on the federal building was inspired by The Turner Diaries. He was an antigovernment conspiracy theorist who believed he was waging a war against tyrants, and was outraged by government atrocities like the siege in Waco. (Though I'd argue that the Branch Davidians themselves bore most of the the responsibility for what happened that day.)

Yeah, that whole fiasco was Idiots being idiotic about idiots being idiotic.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:14 am »
He was a Gulf War vet who was affiliated with the militia movement and White Nationalists--his attack on the federal building was inspired by The Turner Diaries. He was an antigovernment conspiracy theorist who believed he was waging a war against tyrants, and was outraged by government atrocities like the siege in Waco.

Of all the nasty things police have done, Waco is the least of them. At worst it was a minor screw-up. If you want a really good example of morally unambiguous wrong done by law enforcement, this isn't it.

There are several incidences of the above a nutcase conservative might point to- sadly, they all involve hippies, Muslims or women, and are unsuitable for use for paranoia purposes, showing once again that conservatism is basically unnecessary.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 02:59:19 am »
The thing about Waco and Ruby Ridge is that the people who get the most outraged about them are usually the ones who would have already supported the criminals or nutcases being besieged in the first place. They already hate the police, and seeing like-minded "individuals" (I use that term loosely when it comes to conspiracy theorists and cults) getting killed or arrested sets them off.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.