Author Topic: Australia has outlawed protests.  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Australia has outlawed protests.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »
Canada has Alberta. Japan has the Osaka prefecture. The U.S. has The South & some of the Mid/Southwest. There's usually that one or more regions with the folks in varying states of rube-ness/hickishness.

I don't begrudge people for being poor and uneducated. Taking pride in willful ignorance bothers me.

My thoughts exactly. My laughing at "hicks" is not laughing at "country folk" or the poverty stricken, it's laughing at "Proud To Be Stupid" wingnut people. Plenty of poor country people are nice decent people with good hearts who have no problem with education.
Hear hear!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 09:58:53 am »
Relax, Attorney-General Robert Clark said that the bill would not affect “Victorians' rights to engage in lawful and peaceful protest to express their views.”

Ok, it seems like it was designed to do that but we have his pithy reassurance-and that's something.

Right?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »
Damn it Australia, will you stop doing shit to ruin my love affair I've had with you since I visited in September.  I thought you were cool, Oz :(

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 12:11:37 am »
So did I, and I live here! :(

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 12:23:47 am »
Damn it Australia, will you stop doing shit to ruin my love affair I've had with you since I visited in September.  I thought you were cool, Oz :(
If you visited Australia and are still alive it means that Australia loves you.

...Or that tormenting you is so much fun that it wants to make it last a bit longer. (That is the reason why so many of the locals get to live to old age. Australia KNOWS it can kill them at any time it wants so there is no hurry.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!