Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517481 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1650 on: February 05, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »
@ CAF Some of those were on Greenlight and passed, so seeing them isn't much of a surprise.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1651 on: February 05, 2013, 08:37:02 pm »
I finally picked up Torchlight 2 if anyone has it and is looking for co-op or whatever.

I'm also still lookin' for partners for various PS3 games.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1652 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:00 am »
In Hitman Absolution, I finished creating a mission where you have to take out three separate targets (who are some distance from each other) with a remote mine, 2 gasoline cans, and 2 fuel tanks.  Granted, you take out a few innocent bystanders as well, but What An Explosion!

I know I've been watching too many, 'Let's Play' vidoes for Hitman on Youtube because every time I create an explosion, I yell out, "Blow them SKY FUCKING HIIIIIIGH!   Yeah!"
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Saturn500

« Reply #1653 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1654 on: February 06, 2013, 11:39:32 pm »
Though I'm not big on EVE and had never even heard of Dust 514 before I saw this, I have to say my jaw dropped at the awesomeness of it.

Dust 514 takes place IN the EVE universe and both games effect eachother in REAL TIME.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2XvR7Kw-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2XvR7Kw-Y</a>
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Distind

« Reply #1655 on: February 07, 2013, 06:35:11 am »
New Shadowrun screen shots. Armitage is back!

http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/new-art/

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1656 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:44 am »
Though I'm not big on EVE and had never even heard of Dust 514 before I saw this, I have to say my jaw dropped at the awesomeness of it.

Dust 514 takes place IN the EVE universe and both games effect eachother in REAL TIME.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2XvR7Kw-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2XvR7Kw-Y</a>

I've played it. I got distracted by the graphics.

That tell you anything?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1657 on: February 08, 2013, 06:00:30 am »
I'm really getting damn good at Railroad Tycoon 3. Managed a gold medal on the Orient Express scenario with five years to spare (and that's without using a certain, extremely cheap strategy). To put that in perspective, there are quite a few Let's Plays of that game on Youtube, but when it comes to that scenario, every single Let's Player either uses the aforementioned ultra-cheap strategy or completely fucks it up.

I know nobody likely knows what the fuck I'm talking about, much less gives a shit, but I'm feeling too proud of myself to keep quiet about it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1658 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
Fire Emblem has consumed my soul

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1659 on: February 08, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »
My wife has been playing the heck out of Skyrim on the 360 and just bought it on the PC. Now she is looking for mods to add.

Her play style: Sneaky. Marksman, 1-handed, Stealth, Lockpick, Pickpocket... You get the picture. She is not big on magic. About the only spells she uses are Muffle and Clairvoyance. She is not a fan of difficulty, always playing on the easiest setting.

Any recommendations I can pass on to her?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Distind

« Reply #1660 on: February 08, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »
Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful hints and tips.

Best skyrim mod I've got.

Other than that remember the free high rez packs, along with the requisit Chopping block / wood fires fix. If you can run them. Makes it look amazing.

I've got magic scaling and Detailed mine markers as well, but mostly because I was bored shitless the last time I was playing it and wanted something different.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1661 on: February 08, 2013, 05:44:41 pm »
Dwemer Certified.

Ironbite-cause nothing says sneaking like a giant, steam-breathing, Dwarven mech running around behind you.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #1662 on: February 08, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »
Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful hints and tips.

Seconded. Also, all the Unofficial Patches.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1663 on: February 09, 2013, 09:16:06 am »
Dwemer Certified.

Ironbite-cause nothing says sneaking like a giant, steam-breathing, Dwarven mech running around behind you.

You can get one of those huge machines to follow you now?  Which DLC did I miss?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1664 on: February 09, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »
It's a mod based on the Fallout one called Robco Certified.  Basically you get the ability to Forge Dwemer constructs that will follow you around.

Ironbite-you never said I couldn't suggest fun stuff.