Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513402 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1725 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:09 am »
The simple truth is, Apple charges too much for out-dated technology that they go out of their way to limit the usage of. They purposefully make all of their products difficult if not impossible to use with a PC, just so they can try to sell you a Mac when you call tech support because iTunes won't work right--despite the fact they advertise you can use those services with a PC.

Pretty much every product they produce is made in the exact same factory as equivalent non-Apple products--but they cost the consumer twice as much, and have half the power and utility.

There is honestly no excusing Apple's business practices most of the time.

...With that out of the way, I picked up Harvest Moon: A New Beginning the other day. Only played about two weeks' worth of game time, but I'm liking it. I've always liked HM games, but sucked at them. This one seems to go a long way towards eliminating a lot of the problems that held me back from fully enjoying previous titles in the series.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1726 on: February 15, 2013, 09:05:07 am »
With new beginning i've not bought it but I like how they have Indian bachelors.
Also I started my FE Awakening Run on Hard CAsual and man am I glad I turned perma death off

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1727 on: February 15, 2013, 10:49:24 am »
Friend convinced me to pick up World of Warcraft. Already a lvl21 Goblin Hunter. Am I already too deep into the rabbit hole? =P

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #1728 on: February 15, 2013, 11:33:06 am »
Friend convinced me to pick up World of Warcraft. Already a lvl21 Goblin Hunter. Am I already too deep into the rabbit hole? =P

Oh no, that happens when you're 90 odd.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1729 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09:54 pm »
With new beginning i've not bought it but I like how they have Indian bachelors.
Also I started my FE Awakening Run on Hard CAsual and man am I glad I turned perma death off

Yeah I'm doing "Easy" but I still get my ass kicked.

Ironbite-also Lissa was a favored target until I figured out that there's a certain range the enemies have.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1730 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:35 pm »

Yeah I'm doing "Easy" but I still get my ass kicked.

Ironbite-also Lissa was a favored target until I figured out that there's a certain range the enemies have.

Fire Emblem: a game with smart enough AI to attack the girl with the healing stick first.

Sure, the App Store's about as developer-friendly as a starving velociraptor with an intense hatred of game developers

Is it bad that Iron Bite's the first thing that came to mind here?
Who needs a signature?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:58 pm »
I've beat 8 and 9 so I have some experience but the difficulty seems higher.  And sadly it's a roll of the dice.  Also once the appropriate DLC launches   broken  game (the class has a skill that heals 10 hp a turn to all adjacent units within 3 squares.
Also
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:38:05 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2013, 03:36:16 pm »
Yeah...I know.  Also that's just Sumia's kid.  If she's not Chrom's...not sure if she is a Pegapony Princess.

Ironbite-also MORGAN WHY'D YOU KEEP GETTING YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU!?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2013, 03:45:00 pm »
Rescue staff
Still is a brony a translator

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1734 on: February 16, 2013, 03:04:18 pm »
So I went back to try and play the Dragonborn dlc for Skyrim again.  And it's STILL freaking freezing on me.  I'm in a dungeon and have to search for a lever to open a hidden door.  After about 2 minutes of searching the whole game freezes without fail.  Every damn time.

Should I try deleting it and then reinstalling it? Or clearing some old saves I don't use any more or something?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1735 on: February 16, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »
Try deleting old saves and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1736 on: February 17, 2013, 10:48:11 am »
Speaking of Linux, Steam on Linux is out of Beta, and there's a week-long sale to celebrate!
On that note, has the recent update made it impossible to recommend games, or am I just being a thickie? Every time I click on any "recommend this game" link, it links me to everything that's recommended to me.

I tell you, Steam has really been slipping as of late.

I'm more upset I can't get achievements while offline for 75% of my games.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1737 on: February 17, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »
So now that Halo is squarely in the hands of 343, it looks like Bungie's next big project is going to be a FPS-RPG-MMO named "Destiny". It will be set in the distant future after mankind has gone to the stars but has been almost obliterated by some unknown force and is now on the brink of true space travel once again. If done well, this could be an amazing game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/17/bungies-destiny-a-land-of-hope-and-dreams
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:51:38 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1738 on: February 17, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »
Finally got back home and ughhh the achievement itch is so strong right now for both Torchlight games but what do I do put in Dante's Inferno for PS3 to get trophies.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1739 on: February 18, 2013, 01:05:12 am »
I've gotten back into playing Red Faction: Guerrilla, and in a few days, I'm up to the first foray into Eos.  I.  Fucking.  Love.  This.  GAME.  Seriously, fuck any of the pussy reviewers (I'm looking at you, Yahtzee) who dissed Guerrilla, they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.  There are very, very, very few games that are as purely, enjoyably cathartic as Guerrilla.  The mere fact that any building I can see, I can destroy, is the kind of freedom more games need.  After all, what's the fun of having a thermobaric rocket launcher if you can't use that massive explosion to level entire apartment complexes with one shot?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.