Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1515480 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4050 on: January 10, 2014, 10:03:36 am »
I really like the story in The Wolf Among Us, and the dark grittiness of the whole thing. It's so refreshing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4051 on: January 10, 2014, 03:07:00 pm »
I really like the story in The Wolf Among Us, and the dark grittiness of the whole thing. It's so refreshing.

Oh man... chapter two can't come fast enough...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4052 on: January 10, 2014, 05:22:16 pm »
Telltale is a silent beast

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4053 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:22 pm »
Yeah, it is. Even tho the premise led me to believe it would be a game version of Once Upon a Time the only real similarities are the fairy tale creatures in the human world. So I was nicely surprised.

You're telling me! Also apparently only 33% of gamers chose to give Faith money. I thought it would be higher. Maybe I just felt really bad because it felt like an abuse case.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4054 on: January 11, 2014, 02:22:31 pm »
After downloading a bunch of updates for Project Zomboid, the game runs really poorly now. They even had a disclaimer before the title screen stating "We are aware of the frame rate problem." I hope they fix it soon.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4055 on: January 11, 2014, 03:41:02 pm »
Yeah, it is. Even tho the premise led me to believe it would be a game version of Once Upon a Time the only real similarities are the fairy tale creatures in the human world. So I was nicely surprised.

You're telling me! Also apparently only 33% of gamers chose to give Faith money. I thought it would be higher. Maybe I just felt really bad because it felt like an abuse case.

I gave Faith the cash because she seemed like she was running from something, not exactly because she was turning tricks or because Woody smacked her around.  Every little bit helps, and all that.

Who'd you grab, Master? I went for Woody.  And spared Gren.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4056 on: January 11, 2014, 04:39:38 pm »
Since my computer can run Crysis, I've downloaded some mods to see just what different concepts will look like in CryEngine 2.

The StarCry mod is pretty much perfect for any Stargate fan. The developer claims that it's not really a Stargate mod and it's a mixture of sci-fi, but to be perfectly honest it's just a Stargate mod with bits and pieces from other sci-fi (like the Centaur tank and a secret Lancer weapon from Gears of War) for flavor. Right now I'm battling Jaffa in the desert.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4057 on: January 12, 2014, 11:13:19 am »

I gave Faith the cash because she seemed like she was running from something, not exactly because she was turning tricks or because Woody smacked her around.  Every little bit helps, and all that.

Who'd you grab, Master? I went for Woody.  And spared Gren.

There was that, too. But on that note, if it were a case of abuse she'd probably be running from that, too. So it all ties in.

(click to show/hide)

I plan on doing some edits of Bigby and Snow and stuff like that. If anyone wants a TWAU avatar or signature pic let me know. This link shows all the screenshots I got from the game if you're interested. (Spoilers in the link, obviously)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4058 on: January 12, 2014, 06:24:51 pm »
I've been playing bunch of paradox interactive games.

CK2 - This is the perfect way to make a dynasty simulter. However the menus have a tendency to be overly complicated. For instance, if you want to find a woman to marry for her claims, you have to click on her portrait in the marriage menu, which drops the menu to go to the person page. And you have to keep going back and forth

HOI3 - Not my thing, I don't really like war based grand strategy. If i want a war based game I would like to be a bit more...in there.

EUIV - ....Kinda simple to be honest, theres not much to the game asides from fabricating claims and painting the map your color.

Victoria - The most indepth of the bunch, this is basically the nightmare of EUIV, I am really interested in this game, but fiddling with the pops and getting my budget to a normal level is a bit of a hassle
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4059 on: January 13, 2014, 12:32:04 pm »
The tone of Resident Evil 6 didn't truly set in until Leon and Helena opened a set of double-doors with a simultaneous spin kick.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4060 on: January 13, 2014, 07:18:47 pm »
Goddamnit I'm not sure how the developers of Silent Hill ever thought people would figure out that piano puzzle without a guide.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4061 on: January 14, 2014, 12:35:27 am »
Dead Space 3 is so ridiculous. It increases the trend from the previous two games where everything plot-important is either broken or requires you to perform some task that's always on the opposite end of the level from where you are. The majority of the game feels like it's doing nothing but padding out the length, sending Isaac out to fix shit or push buttons or whatnot and delaying the plot-important elements for another 30 minutes.

It keeps me from actually beating the game, because I end up spending an hour completing a single objective and getting told "The problem is....it's on the other end of the complex." And I just say "fuck it" and quit.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4062 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:09 am »
I'm considering doing yet another playthrough of ME2, except as a different class (I've don't soldier and vanguard so far). Bouncing around the battlefield smashing shit up with area charge is great fun, but I also kinda miss being able to dish out insane amounts of hurt from a block away. Maybe try infiltrator? What with the Widowmaker and all I think it'd be cool. Thoughts?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4063 on: January 14, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »
Dead Space 3 is so ridiculous. It increases the trend from the previous two games where everything plot-important is either broken or requires you to perform some task that's always on the opposite end of the level from where you are. The majority of the game feels like it's doing nothing but padding out the length, sending Isaac out to fix shit or push buttons or whatnot and delaying the plot-important elements for another 30 minutes.

It keeps me from actually beating the game, because I end up spending an hour completing a single objective and getting told "The problem is....it's on the other end of the complex." And I just say "fuck it" and quit.

Yeah...welcome to what happens when you take what is a horror game franchise and make it ACTION PACKED and take everything scary about it and.....hammer that down.

Ironbite-seriously, Dead Space got unscary bout the middle of the first game.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4064 on: January 14, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »
I don't know.  I loved the second game.  I jumped a number of times, and still do when I play it, especially at the
(click to show/hide)
!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"