Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514749 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5835 on: June 07, 2015, 06:58:46 am »
Well now, my giant fuckoff viking empire just took over Italy. Yep, I had a direct land boarder with the Papal States themselves. "Had" being the key word here. They're now just another jarldom within Scandinavian Italy.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5836 on: June 07, 2015, 09:05:13 am »
Just Cause 2 was free on Live, so I got it.

HOLYFUCKITSSOMUCHFUNWHYDIDIWAITTOGETTHISHOLYFUCK!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5837 on: June 07, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »
Just Cause 2 was free on Live, so I got it.

HOLYFUCKITSSOMUCHFUNWHYDIDIWAITTOGETTHISHOLYFUCK!

I'm looking forward to this, but my xBox's wi fi is giving me so many problems, I'm waiting on a ethernet cable and hoping my connection has less problems then.

I've been playing Assassins Creed Black Flag from Live, and I feel like I either love it one minute or hate it another.  Whoever thought tailing mission after tailing mission was a good idea needs to be thrown into the middle of the ocean with sharks around.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5838 on: June 07, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »
The action in Just Cause 2 makes me wonder if there isn't an Attack on Titan mod for it on PC.  It practically has ODM gear, already, it just needs the ODM gas tanks for thrust.  And man-eating giants.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5839 on: June 07, 2015, 08:37:56 pm »
Yeah but Rico Rodriguez, the son of Zeus and a Mexican window cleaner, would probably just hook shot them all to death.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5840 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:33 pm »
Odd, I thought Rico was from Spain, not Mexico...his accent doesn't sound Mexican, but that might just be me.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5841 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:44 pm »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5842 on: June 10, 2015, 05:00:52 am »
Finally got my ethernet cable, and oh my god!  Why did I never get this before?  With my wi fi, it'd take forever to connect, update, and download.  But with the ethernet, it downloaded Just Cause 2 in only a few minutes.

As for the game, it's amazing how much fun you can have with a grappling hook.  Sure I could use it to pull that car out of the ditch.  Or, I could tie 2 motorcycles together as they pass each other, or connect one end to a pedestrian and the other to a speeding automobile. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5843 on: June 10, 2015, 05:59:40 am »
Finally got my ethernet cable, and oh my god!  Why did I never get this before?  With my wi fi, it'd take forever to connect, update, and download.  But with the ethernet, it downloaded Just Cause 2 in only a few minutes.

As for the game, it's amazing how much fun you can have with a grappling hook.  Sure I could use it to pull that car out of the ditch.  Or, I could tie 2 motorcycles together as they pass each other, or connect one end to a pedestrian and the other to a speeding automobile. 
Best of all, try getting a tuk tuk, going to the airport, find a plane that's taking off, quickly get out, tether your tuk tuk to the plane and get back in before the cable snaps. The results are one of the greatest things ever.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5844 on: June 10, 2015, 06:44:34 pm »
Chapter 4 of Steins;Gate is a roller coaster. Chapter 5 is starting strong too. Loving it. Really hope it's success in the UK (got to 18 on the all formats chart, 3rd on the PS3 chart and 1st on the Vita chart) will lead to Pqube picking some more visual novels.

Meanwhile I had to leave my PS4 downloading a 15gb "patch" overnight before I could play it, but The Elder Scrolls Online is pretty good so far.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5845 on: June 10, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »

Best of all, try getting a tuk tuk, going to the airport, find a plane that's taking off, quickly get out, tether your tuk tuk to the plane and get back in before the cable snaps. The results are one of the greatest things ever.

got a tuk tuk and found the airport.  i'll try that next chance I get.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5846 on: June 12, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »
Chapter 5 is starting strong too.

Hahahaha. Oh my. Chapter 5... lemme my just say i said out loud to myself "fuuuuuuck" at the end of the chapter. And chapter 6 is carrying on down that road. Fuck man, the feels...

(.... i can't believe i just said "the feels". Urgh!)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5847 on: June 13, 2015, 09:41:17 pm »
I am thoroughly enjoying ReactorCraft; it has to be one of the best nuclear power-themed Minecraft mods out there.  Its realistic, its cool, and it is a BITCH getting to the level to where you can even make a first-tier pebble-bed reactor, let alone full-on fission or, god forbid, a freaking tokamak fusion reactor.  However, once you get to that point, the power you get well eclipses anything else available, even when using it to run other mods' power systems.  Big Reactors?  Tier-one beats some of the best you can make in that mod, by default.  It is thoroughly satisfying to have your first reactor turn your first turbine and see a dynamometer on the business end read out "300MW."

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5848 on: June 13, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »
Been trying out a Ranged Demoknight build (Splendid Screen+Loch'n Load+Bottle). Needless to say, I get most of my kills on the offensive.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5849 on: June 13, 2015, 10:44:30 pm »
No shit on that loadout.  Holy fuck that's not right.