Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512655 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6480 on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:53 am »
Hey I'm in the final beta test for Overwatch this weekend.

Ironbite-I'm gonna play Tracer so much.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6481 on: April 16, 2016, 04:56:36 am »
Saints Row IV will be available on XBox Live this morning.  The free games usually show up around 9-10. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6482 on: April 16, 2016, 08:56:45 am »
Reminds me, I need to put that on my 'Bone, got the bundle of it (Presidential Edition or whatever) and Gat Out of Hell.

Also, unrelated to above, Reika showcasing why his magic mod, ChromatiCraft, is still the best out of all of 'em:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0LZ2erDipo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0LZ2erDipo</a>

Even without audio, shit's still amazing to behold.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6483 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:19 am »
Hey guys...go get Painkiller.  It's on sale on Steam and oh my god it's fun.

Ironbite-just....go.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6484 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:23 pm »
Has anyone played Stonehearth? It's still in early access on Steam (and has been that way for awhile) so I wasn't sure if it was worth it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6485 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:26 am »
BRUH. finally beat Dark Souls 3. Kinda sad that I've ran out of Souls games to play, except for Bloodbourne. but unless there's a price drop on the PS4, no way am I picking that up just for one game.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6486 on: April 28, 2016, 05:09:05 am »
I got a PS4 and so far, I've only used it to play Fallout.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6487 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:06 pm »
So, I saw the Ratchet and Clank movie. Yeah, don't go see it. It's bad. I've never seen such an uninteresting movie in theaters before.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6488 on: May 01, 2016, 03:12:34 am »
Shame, the new game seemed fun (I watched a let's play of it) and the trailer was promising.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #6489 on: May 01, 2016, 11:43:39 pm »
By all accounts, the game's great. I haven't played it myself yet, but I look forward to it. However, good god, the movie is boring.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6490 on: May 02, 2016, 12:39:15 am »
Angry Joe reviewed the film and said that the game is amazing and you should buy it but the film should be avoided. He also said that the game cutscenes are the exact scenes that are in the film, there is very, very little extra content in either of them. If anything, the film lacks stuff that is explained in the game making the plot hard to follow.

And the lack of commercials also makes it look like they simply did not put much effort into the film and didn't think it would actually make money.

...Which has been a common problem in movies about video games. *cough* Uwe Boll *cough*

...Well, at least you can now say that Ratchet and clank is the best damn game that is based on a film. OF ALL TIME!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:42:29 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #6491 on: May 02, 2016, 12:53:49 am »
I'm a fan of the Ratchet and Clank games, having recently gotten obsessed with them (running through A Crack in Time right now). The movie wasn't even what I expected or feel a Ratchet and Clank movie should be.

When I think of Ratchet and Clank, I think of over-the-top weapons and action with planetary adventuring. The movie has none of that.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6492 on: May 02, 2016, 03:31:09 am »
Just got done 100%ing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas yet again. Once again, I'm reminded that it's one of my favourite games of all time for a very good reason. So much variety and attention to detail, especially for the time. Also, it was my first time ever playing the PC version. It's buggy as fuck compared to the console versions (at least on modern hardware), but the fast loading times and prettier graphics are quite nice.

My only serious complaint about the game is that Kent Paul and Maccer didn't get nearly enough screen time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:47:58 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6493 on: May 02, 2016, 07:27:29 am »
I'm a fan of the Ratchet and Clank games, having recently gotten obsessed with them (running through A Crack in Time right now). The movie wasn't even what I expected or feel a Ratchet and Clank movie should be.

When I think of Ratchet and Clank, I think of over-the-top weapons and action with planetary adventuring. The movie has none of that.

That's a shame.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6494 on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »
Emperor Be Praised! Dawn of War III has been announced!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw</a>