Author Topic: Sandman may not be on for a bit.  (Read 48945 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Sandman may not be on for a bit.
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 07:46:10 pm »
Wow.  It's rough knowing that someone you consider a friend, even an online friend, may be about to die...

If things go well, I hope to see you here again, buddy.

If things don't go well, and there is an afterlife, may yours be AWESOME and full of beer and manly kilts.

If reincarnation is real...well, it ups my chances of hearing your words of wisdom again if you don't make it through the summer.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:06 pm »
The only acceptable purpose for your death is for you to come back and tell us what it's like.

I'm sorry, I'm terrible with feelings and shit. Just... what Mme Antichrist said. I haven't know you for as long as the others have, but I just want you to know that you're the best of us, and I hope there is some kind of afterlife just so that you can go to the best one.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »
I really don't know what to say and a side of me didn't want to say anything because it may make it seem more permanent or likely, but I don't think I could erase it from my conscience if I didn't say something  :'(

I just want to say that like a lot of posters I look up to you and will echo Mlle's statement. We're pulling for you, but should anything happen, we will honor your wishes. Best of luck and please make it to and far past 2015.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »
Damn...I hope things work out well for ya, brother.  You're definitely in my Top 5 Favoritest Posters, and you are just generally awesome.  If things don't go well...well, I want you to know that you're one of the best people I know and that I hope your afterlife is one that you can genuinely enjoy.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2012, 09:43:33 pm »
Hang in there Sandman.  You're tough and we're all rooting for you.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:00 pm »
To be honest, i am hopiung for the best, preparing for the worst. and I just didnt want a sudden disapearence to happen without some kind of explanatipn.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »
Do what I'm going to do.  Write your last post in your will.

Ironbite-morbid but at least you'll be able to say goodbye/

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:34 am »
Best of luck, Sandman.  As someone whose best friend is currently awaiting biopsy results, I can kind of understand what you are dealing with (though not first-hand).

If it makes you feel any better, my doctor told me that if I don't stop smoking and drinking, I may join you in the cancer ward.

Based on what I've read, prostate cancer isn't the death sentence it once was, so you probably have better odds than the previous generation of patients.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 08:43:07 am »
Well, it started as prostate cancer, but biopsies last year found it in my lymphatic system.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline cagnazzo

• Neonate
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »
I'm quite sorry to hear that, sandman. You're an excellent person (and poster as well!). I wish you the best.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 04:31:40 am »
:(
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 01:28:21 am »
To be honest, i am hopiung for the best, preparing for the worst. and I just didnt want a sudden disapearence to happen without some kind of explanatipn.

You're tough, so I think we all have good reason to retain hope. Kick this thing's ass. :)
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »
Well, I’m gonna be optimistic about this in any case. But I don’t have to be pessimistic to say that I’ve always found you to be a cool guy anyway. Anyway, how well you have been handling this only reinforces that impression. Looking forward to many more great discussions with the sandman.
-A Pen Name

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »
Sandman,

No matter how this turns out, I just want you to know that you are a loved and cherished member of the community. You've done a lot to help this forum and your reputation as a balanced, funny, and intelligent person is more than well-warranted. I would rather remain optimistic, of course, but no matter what happens to you, you are still strong. You have always seemed to handle things with a lot of grace and dignity and you continue to do that even now. Really, I have nothing but respect for you and sympathy for you and what you are going through, as well as your family and friends.

You're tough, so I think we all have good reason to retain hope. Kick this thing's ass. :)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
Sandman,

No matter how this turns out, I just want you to know that you are a loved and cherished member of the community. You've done a lot to help this forum and your reputation as a balanced, funny, and intelligent person is more than well-warranted. I would rather remain optimistic, of course, but no matter what happens to you, you are still strong. You have always seemed to handle things with a lot of grace and dignity and you continue to do that even now. Really, I have nothing but respect for you and sympathy for you and what you are going through, as well as your family and friends.

Whatever I could say couldn't match this. Get better, Sandman.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen