Author Topic: People (and fictional characters) You'd Vote for Before Trump.  (Read 20425 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: People (and fictional characters) You'd Vote for Before Trump.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2017, 02:36:07 am »
I'd vote for Dr. Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog

Which one?

(I watched a bit of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, but got bored and decided to do something else with my life. I, personally, don't understand why you'd pick him over Donald Trump. There's not enough of a difference to matter.)

Nobody builds Robots like Doctor Ivo Robotnik, he's got the best, most classy, high-energy bots!
Oh god you're right.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »
I rewatch Hot Fuzz the other day and I had forgotten that Butterman's goal was to "Make Sanford Great Again"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqPrDN77Xg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqPrDN77Xg</a>

I'd still vote for him over Trump though, because at least Sanford was competently run and safe so long as you do as your told and don't make the town look bad.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2017, 06:38:04 am »
Vince Macmahon
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2017, 03:57:11 pm »
*hits you with a steel chair*

Eric Bischoff.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2017, 05:45:54 pm »
The Contrarian

Offline Vman

• Neonate
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2017, 05:01:12 pm »
Grace Kim Kwon.

;D

Nah, kidding. That would be a tiny bit too much.

I'll go with Samaritan from Person of Interest.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »
Yeah I'd go with an AI with no moral qualms running this shit show of a country before Trump too.

Ironbite-oh I'd vote for Rattigan before Trump.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 01:18:44 am »
The "Deep State."

...Whatever the heck that is.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2017, 02:48:15 am »
The "Deep State."

Well, I decided to consult wikipedia and it said it was "The concept of a deep state suggests that there exists a coordinated effort by career government employees and others to influence state policy without regard for democratically elected leadership.[1][2][3][4][5] The term, which was originally used to refer to sophisticated shadow governments in countries like Turkey and post-Soviet Russia, has also been used in American political science to refer to entrenched government institutions wielding power, without necessarily implying a conspiracy.[6][7] Detractors say this idea is a conspiracy theory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state_in_the_United_States

So I'm guessing it's like the FBI/CIA?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2017, 08:33:29 am »
The "Deep State."

Well, I decided to consult wikipedia and it said it was "The concept of a deep state suggests that there exists a coordinated effort by career government employees and others to influence state policy without regard for democratically elected leadership.[1][2][3][4][5] The term, which was originally used to refer to sophisticated shadow governments in countries like Turkey and post-Soviet Russia, has also been used in American political science to refer to entrenched government institutions wielding power, without necessarily implying a conspiracy.[6][7] Detractors say this idea is a conspiracy theory."

It's the higher institutions of government as a whole, the intelligence agencies are only part of it. The cultures, thinking and world views embedded in the institutions will limit the options for anyone in the higher offices who depend on these institutions for advice and tools. The bigger an institution the more difficult its behavioral momentum is to change. The more conspiratorially minded just see this "deep state" as a cabal of nefarious masterminds pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Offline Vman

• Neonate
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 04:37:43 am »
So... would that mean that the Americans not in love with the Donald might as well now say "Thank God we have a deep state to limit the mess he's making"?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:32 am »
Deep state is mainly a conspiracy theory. If you really want to be generous and consider it a metaphor for the slowly changing bureaucracy of USA and how it resists change not by conscious will but by the byproduct of having elected and appointed workers from the previous governments in position meaning that there is never a moment when a new president can replace everyone in the management and impose his will without opposition or delay and also how the checks and balances of the US laws and constitution put limits to what the government can do.

Like currently there are still people from Obama, Bush or older regimes in the agencies of USA and some may disagree with the current regime on some matters.

But that is a really generous interpretation and really when people talk about it they mean that there is a shadowy group of liberals who oppose Trump. Some see it as a secret organization that rules USA and assasinates everyone who opposes them, others just think that some "librul cucks" are resisting Trump because they are cucks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 05:24:55 am »
Liberal commentators often use "deep state" with a varying degree of conspiratorial undertone, too. I've understood that the term was originally coined to represent the institutional momentum but it has been adopted by the conspiracy crowd to discuss their paranoias. It sounds so ominous that it fits this purpose well.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 12:08:40 pm »
The "Deep State."

Oh, this is rich.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:34 am »
Deep state is mainly a conspiracy theory. If you really want to be generous and consider it a metaphor for the slowly changing bureaucracy of USA and how it resists change not by conscious will but by the byproduct of having elected and appointed workers from the previous governments in position meaning that there is never a moment when a new president can replace everyone in the management and impose his will without opposition or delay and also how the checks and balances of the US laws and constitution put limits to what the government can do.

Like currently there are still people from Obama, Bush or older regimes in the agencies of USA and some may disagree with the current regime on some matters.

But that is a really generous interpretation and really when people talk about it they mean that there is a shadowy group of liberals who oppose Trump. Some see it as a secret organization that rules USA and assasinates everyone who opposes them, others just think that some "librul cucks" are resisting Trump because they are cucks.

Exactly. Occam's razor would indicate that bureaucrats just work a certain way and they have a whole system that needs to be gone through and Trump can't just run willy-nilly around. Nothing really nefarious or evil about it.

I'm also 99% sure it has nothing to do with cuckolding. But that could just be me.