Author Topic: Pokemon Go thread  (Read 7354 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Pokemon Go thread
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 11:38:00 am »
I'm now level 13.  I've hatched a Magmar, and my Pokedex is now up to 56.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 06:58:25 pm »
I decided to give this a try.  Somehow I caught about a dozen pokemon in my apartment.  I kind of wish I could battle wild pokes instead of just going to a gym (the closest are all churches). 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »
I'm level 12 right now from just.....driving around the airport.  Somehow one of the terminals is a Pokemon spawning hotspot.  Getting a lot of Rattatas and Pidgey's from it which boost my level.

Ironbite-then I turn them into candy.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 08:05:18 am »
I just turned the game on and a message popped up:  "You're going too fast!  Don't play Pokemon Go while driving!"

Um, I'm sitting at my desk.  How am I going too fast sitting down but not walking around my apartment?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:33 am »
I just turned the game on and a message popped up:  "You're going too fast!  Don't play Pokemon Go while driving!"

Um, I'm sitting at my desk.  How am I going too fast sitting down but not walking around my apartment?

My friend has the same problem sometimes. Either his phone's GPS or the game itself locates him from few dozen to a couple hundred meters away from his position and when the location gets updated to the correct one the game interprets it as him having moved fast from one place to another.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 01:18:47 pm »
That makes sense.  Several times when I turn it on, the character is walking or running, even though I'm either standing still or sitting.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 05:53:48 pm »
yep, gps glitches abound.

also approximately everyone at my university is playing it, there's always one lure or another on, it's great.
Σא