Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 859451 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2235 on: July 25, 2013, 10:50:49 pm »
Met my family at a pub today. Everything on draft (which is a lot) was $4 (cheap for Canada, don't know about anywhere else). Had a couple pints and generally had a good time. Then walked around and sat down at a café, ordered some tea and baklava (I freaking love that stuff) to kill time while I waited for the alcohol to wear off before driving home. Haven't been out in a while, so it was really nice.

That's not bad pricing for beer.  It's AT LEAST 5 bucks a beer anywhere near me.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2236 on: July 25, 2013, 10:57:12 pm »
Landed a job interview for tomorrow, and started making plans to surprise my friends back in LA when I'm able to visit. Showing up unannounced is so much fun.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2237 on: July 26, 2013, 12:22:47 am »
Met my family at a pub today. Everything on draft (which is a lot) was $4 (cheap for Canada, don't know about anywhere else). Had a couple pints and generally had a good time. Then walked around and sat down at a café, ordered some tea and baklava (I freaking love that stuff) to kill time while I waited for the alcohol to wear off before driving home. Haven't been out in a while, so it was really nice.

That's not bad pricing for beer.  It's AT LEAST 5 bucks a beer anywhere near me.

Oh it's usually more here too. In fact, the place we went to is a bit more expensive than other places, usually around $7 or $8 (it's a little fair since they have over 100 beers to choose from), but Thursday is cheap-pint-night at that place, so that's pretty sweet.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2238 on: July 27, 2013, 12:05:23 am »
Found a good deal on a pair of dress pants and a skirt, the total came out to $9.35 for both.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2239 on: July 27, 2013, 02:37:22 am »
Found a good deal on a pair of dress pants and a skirt, the total came out to $9.35 for both.

Holy crap, that's cheap!

Today I volunteered at a food festival, got free tickets, and hung out there with friends after my shift. Then came home, had more friends over, and polished off a bottle of mead. Good day!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #2240 on: July 27, 2013, 02:58:02 am »
Landed a job interview for tomorrow, and started making plans to surprise my friends back in LA when I'm able to visit. Showing up unannounced is so much fun.

so how did your job interview go?
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2241 on: July 27, 2013, 10:04:15 am »

Holy crap, that's cheap!

This is why I love my associate discount, 25% off. Plus the stuff was clearance, and I was really happy to find a pair of slim leg dress pants in my size in the mix.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2242 on: July 27, 2013, 02:58:15 pm »
It's raining :D

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2243 on: July 27, 2013, 05:42:11 pm »
I've been entertaining my friends for the past several days, and it's been delightful.  Great weather, a lovely walk, fantastic dinner... I'm so happy.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2244 on: July 28, 2013, 12:00:28 am »
It's raining :D
I wish it was raining here.  :'(
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2245 on: July 28, 2013, 01:23:12 am »
Today, I took my rightful place on the Iron Throne.

G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2246 on: July 28, 2013, 01:28:11 am »
Did you kill JohnE?
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2247 on: July 28, 2013, 02:16:49 am »
Went to the Tacoma Ethnic Fest, saw the Korean drummers and dancers. Recognized the lead dancer as the lady who owns my favorite teriyaki restaurant, sisters and I went up to say 'hi' after the show and she was happy to see us. :D
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2248 on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:52 am »
I went to a party at a friend's house for my city's local summer festival.  It was really nice.  We spent time talking, eating, and listening to music.  Despite the heat, I had a great time and I can't wait to see everyone again.
一期一会

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2249 on: July 28, 2013, 09:49:42 am »
happened yesterday, I got my hair done. It looks gorgeous <3