Author Topic: Personal Wiki  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Personal Wiki
« on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »
Hey, I'm doing a lot of creative writing and it's starting to get cluttered, so I'm wondering if you guys knew of a website that would allow me to have a (free) personal wiki.

It would basically be the same as Wikipedia or some other wiki except only I can see the articles and edit the pages unless I make someone else an admin. I'll be able to create articles for different characters and story lines before I write them and it'll be much more organized than a dozen word files.

I would prefer that it be free, but don't care if I download it on my computer or have it online.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Re: Personal Wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 01:55:41 pm »
Sounds like Tomboy would cover most of your needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomboy_%28software%29

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:18:05 am »
Not downloading.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
Not a wiki, but you could try yWriter.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 01:48:48 am »
Wikia.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:02:32 am »
I use EditThis for my personal wiki list stuff.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:18:45 pm »
I said personal, meaning private.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »
WAMPP + WordPress, then, if you're on Windows.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 06:06:58 pm »
EditThis totally has an option where you can set "read" to "false" for non-logged-in users. How much more private could you need?
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"