Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074808 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3375 on: March 03, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »
I'm annoyed when my fave racer has a fast-as-hell car and is set to win most of the race running up front and then gets a loose wheel and has to pit, and later the crew chief makes a bad call for 4 tires instead of 2.  FRUSTRATION.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3376 on: March 03, 2013, 07:42:58 pm »
I just read an article about a family who lives on $14k a year, and I know damn well that some people will wave it in the face of folks who struggle to live on minimum wage and say, "See? This family can do it! You don't need no welfare!" The family bought a house for less than $40k, and they paid in cash with the savings they had from when they were earning more. Hardly anyone is going to get that good of a deal, and hardly anyone on minimum wage will be lucky enough to have those savings. Their $14k budget also didn't seem to factor in medical expenses, so I guess you're fucked if anyone gets something beyond a cold.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
« Reply #3377 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »
I just read an article about a family who lives on $14k a year, and I know damn well that some people will wave it in the face of folks who struggle to live on minimum wage and say, "See? This family can do it! You don't need no welfare!" The family bought a house for less than $40k, and they paid in cash with the savings they had from when they were earning more. Hardly anyone is going to get that good of a deal, and hardly anyone on minimum wage will be lucky enough to have those savings. Their $14k budget also didn't seem to factor in medical expenses, so I guess you're fucked if anyone gets something beyond a cold.
Yeah, I know a lot of people that live on $14k. They live like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzaO73pC-A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzaO73pC-A</a>

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3378 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »
Yeah, I know a lot of people that live on $14k. They live like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzaO73pC-A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzaO73pC-A</a>

And this is why I hate people who think lower middle class = poor.  People like this have to fight just to stay alive.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3379 on: March 03, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »
When acronyms are used to such a degree, its annoying to do another search to find what the acronym means.

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3380 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:57 am »
I've come to accept YouTube ads as a necessity. But it annoys me that every single Robot Chicken clip has the SAME ad, which happens to be unskippable.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Distind

« Reply #3381 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:15 am »
I'd murder to get a house capable of withstanding a light breeze for that much. Seller's choice of who dies too. I saw a few for that low, they typically had 3 walls, 1/2 a roof and an infestiation that scientists where still trying to categorise in known classes of plant/animal. Unless I was aiming to domesticate the infestation for additional income I'd be better off living in the woods.

As a note, 14k a year'd barely cover my rent for a two bedroom apartment. Probably won't next time I sign a new lease.

Also, if you want to ditch the adds, Adfender. Works by funneling all of the webpages you load through a proxy and killing anything from a known ad provider, lists of such are updated freqently and will work with any browser. Love it.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3382 on: March 04, 2013, 10:13:12 am »
Cash only vending machines.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3383 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:20 am »
I'd murder to get a house capable of withstanding a light breeze for that much. Seller's choice of who dies too. I saw a few for that low, they typically had 3 walls, 1/2 a roof and an infestiation that scientists where still trying to categorise in known classes of plant/animal. Unless I was aiming to domesticate the infestation for additional income I'd be better off living in the woods.

As a note, 14k a year'd barely cover my rent for a two bedroom apartment. Probably won't next time I sign a new lease.

Also, if you want to ditch the adds, Adfender. Works by funneling all of the webpages you load through a proxy and killing anything from a known ad provider, lists of such are updated freqently and will work with any browser. Love it.

This is why I don't plan on moving, at least not until I have a very secure income. This house has been in my family ever since my grandparents helped raise it back in the late 70s, and I frankly have no reason to move. It's been paid off for many years, and utilities are relatively inexpensive. It's got quite a bit of room for a one-story ranch house, and we just keep upgrading things like the piping and electrics as time goes on.

Considering the cost of apartment rental or home ownership in these days, I don't think it's unprecedented for me to simply remain here and inherit the house upon my mother's death. I'd like to get myself a home elsewhere eventually (NYC holds a special place in my heart and I've spent quite a bit of time there), but only when I can easily afford the costs.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Distind

« Reply #3384 on: March 04, 2013, 10:29:17 am »
Pay attention to local laws around inheritance taxes on that thought. Houses are quite valuable, probably more so than you'd want it to be. Though there are usually was around having to pay the taxes. Typically I don't endorse tax dodges, but on the one damn house you actually live in I make exceptions.

Edit:
Also, COM objects. Someone please kill me, I thought I'd escaped these things.... maybe I'll write a webservice wrapper or something.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:59:26 am by Distind »

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #3385 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »
People who bitch and whine about what other people do without actually talking to that other person to see if they'll correct the error.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3386 on: March 04, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »
People who bitch and whine about what other people do without actually talking to that other person to see if they'll correct the error.

I hate that. A girl who sits by my(the puppy abuser I talked about once before) doesn't stop bitching about some trivial shit someone else did. It ruins my day.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3387 on: March 05, 2013, 12:49:31 am »
Next time she does that, grab her by the back of the hair, slam her face into a desk, give her a big kiss, then go back to doing whatever the fuck it was you were doing.

Ironbite-she won't be bitching about trivial shit no more.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3388 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:48 am »
Everything in my head aside from my teeth and hair have been hurting all fucking day.  Halls do next to nothing, but at least the Tylenol's helped the headache.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3389 on: March 05, 2013, 01:59:30 am »
I got a fuck no yesterday or the day before and I can't figure out what it's for. Note that I'm not annoyed by the fuck no itself, I just can't figure out what I said that someone took issue with.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!