Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073795 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3825 on: April 28, 2013, 05:55:40 am »
When youre talking in a group of people and they ask for a suggestion or idea. You say something loudly, nobody pays attemtion to you, next person says exactly the same thing and everybody agrees. Then you go to say, hey, i said that first. And you realize that would make you sound like an egotistical cock
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3826 on: April 28, 2013, 01:53:43 pm »
There is that.  I'm really sorry it's not working out for you at JC Penny's.  Is there anyone lower then you on the totem pole getting more hours?

Ironbite-might be something to take to corporate.

No, every one on the lower end seem to be getting cut down too, they do this to people who've been there for years, the thing that bothers me is that 2 people have quit within the last 2 weeks, so...Now it may be that the company is right now going through a tough time, given that they just switched back to the old CEO a couple of weeks ago, since the new CEO didn't work out so great. That being said I've been wanting to start sending out resumes and stuff for a while since I'm sick of being at the lower end of the retail totem pole, and that they seem to have very little interest in advancing people, but that's the story with most places nowadays. I'm just going to wait and see, for the next couple of months...though I do plan going somewhere else overall in the future.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:53:31 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3827 on: April 28, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »
When a classmate messages me, "Man, I'm having so much trouble with this homework. If only I'd paid attention in our C++ class like you did. You're so lucky."

No, jackhole, I'm not giving you answers.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3828 on: April 29, 2013, 07:58:18 am »
I was dogsitting last night. I officially added this dog to my Least Favourite Animals list because she barked all night. I mean ALL NIGHT. From 10pm until 5.30am. SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS of nonstop, loud-as-possible barking. I checked on her to make sure she was okay, to make sure there wasn't someone or something dangerous in the yard, made sure the other dog was okay (she's diabetic), and tried everything I could to make sure she had what she needed and nothing was wrong. Nothing WAS wrong. She was just barking and barking and barking because she fucking felt like it.

FOR SEVEN AND A HALF GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING HOURS.

I had to get up at 6am to feed the diabetic dog and give her her insulin, so I felt a cruel pleasure in waking the barky one up since by then she'd fallen asleep. Of course, she gets to nap all day long and I have to work. I still have no idea what her problem was, but I sincerely considered giving her some Benadryl in a snack so she'd go to sleep and shut up.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #3829 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
She was quite a bitch wasn't she?  ;D My sister has a little dog and it just does nothing but bark as well. I guess that is why I prefer cats over dogs.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Distind

« Reply #3830 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:02 am »
When a classmate messages me, "Man, I'm having so much trouble with this homework. If only I'd paid attention in our C++ class like you did. You're so lucky."

It's C++, someone out there has written a dissertation on the topic. Find it, read it, do your damn homework.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3831 on: April 29, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
When people try to put you in the middle of their arguments.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3832 on: April 30, 2013, 12:19:23 am »
She was quite a bitch wasn't she?  ;D My sister has a little dog and it just does nothing but bark as well. I guess that is why I prefer cats over dogs.

The cats here make a lot of noise, as well, unfortunately. Fat Kitty (usually we call her 'Pook' or 'Pook-Cat', but never her real name, which is 'Nibbles') likes to yeowl a lot at night when it's late and the humans are all tired and trying to sleep. We call it the 'Sad Lost Kitty' sound and she wants attention when she does it. She taught Lemur Kitty (also called 'Dumb Cat', 'Derp', and 'Tater Tot', but never his real name, Rico--the cats never get called by their real names) how to cry, as well, and he does it whenever he isn't the centre of everybody's attention RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND and he's even more annoying.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3833 on: April 30, 2013, 12:39:18 am »

It's C++, someone out there has written a dissertation on the topic. Find it, read it, do your damn homework.

Seriously, I had a much easier time with C++ than I did with VB, a language people say was meant to be easy. 

Edit:  Seriously, fuck mowing the lawn.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:24:35 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3834 on: May 01, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »
You know what annoys me?  I hate it when people are supposedly trying to reason with you, but manage to do it in a condescending tone/manner.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3835 on: May 01, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »
Waiting in line on my lunch break and the person in front of me orders for like 50 people.  All I want is one little sub and I have to wait half my break!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3836 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:22 pm »
The guy next to me in the uni library reeks of sweat. The smell is making my face collapse in on itself
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3837 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:47 am »
I dislocated or sprained my shoulder yesterday after a FIFTY-POUND MASTIFF PUPPY wouldn't get up off the lawn and made me pick him up. He is sixteen weeks old. He is going to be a horse.

Also I have been coughing all night after spending all day inhaling dandelion fluff. I have not slept and I will be a miserable person all day.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3838 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »
I dislocated or sprained my shoulder yesterday after a FIFTY-POUND MASTIFF PUPPY wouldn't get up off the lawn and made me pick him up. He is sixteen weeks old. He is going to be a horse.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Yeah, those Mastiffs can be huge.  Biggest dog I've ever had to deal with regularly was a Great Pyrenees.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3839 on: May 02, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »
This dog is unusually big even for a mastiff. His parents were 150 and 200 pounds, so he's going to be huge. He's still unmistakably a puppy--he still even has that little pointy puppy head they all have for the first six months--but he weighs fifty pounds and he's huge. His paws alone are bigger than both my hands together. This is a picture of Hank (the dog) and Boything:

For comparison's sake, Boything is five and a half foot tall and weighs about 220 pounds. And this was about two weeks ago, and because Hank is so young he's growing really fast, so he was probably five or ten pounds lighter. He's pretty well-behaved for how young he is. He's just still a baby--but a baby that weighs probably fifty pounds. I like to call him 'fifty pounds of ears and feet' because he's really pretty much all ears and paws.

I adore him. He's lovely. One of my favourite doggies. But he's increasingly hard to, yanno, pick up. At least he can manage the stairs now. He used to be so ungainly (because of those huge paws) that he couldn't even negotiate steps and had to be carried. He was a hell of a lot smaller then.