Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076339 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5490 on: September 25, 2013, 07:33:57 am »
My boyfriend is a semantics whore. He keeps complaining that i call a band the wrong genre, its like a youtube fight in one person.

He also gets uppity if i like something too much. If i say something is awesome, sometimes he will say...well...that kinda cool....but not awesome
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

wrightway

« Reply #5491 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:14 am »
Eesh... She could have just prayed all that in secret.  You know... like the Bible says to.

Leaving little notes like that, I find it quite tacky.
It gave me the opportunity to scrawl "How are you so sure that your God doesn't have it in his plan for me to be a trans man?" on the bottom and tape it somewhere she'll see it.

But yeah, it's tackier than a Hawaiian shirt on anyone who's not Wash.

I love reading your posts. Just love it to pieces. You are an adorable little cream puff of snarkiness.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5492 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:54 am »
That note...

Most of that was just copypasted from the Bible with a few minor changes. You'd think Dodongo's mom could at least have written something original.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5493 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:02 am »
That note...

Most of that was just copypasted from the Bible with a few minor changes. You'd think Dodongo's mom could at least have written something original.
For my mom that is original. She used to just give me a sheet of bible verses. She stopped when I started using other bible verses to refute or contradict the ones she gave me. I'd also find all the horrible, graphic, and just plain weird stuff in the bible and leave it under her pillow.

You are an adorable little cream puff of snarkiness.
D'aww, that's the best complement I've ever received. You're too kind.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5494 on: September 25, 2013, 02:26:55 pm »

You totally need to sig that.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5495 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:55 pm »
I lost my engagement ring. Considering everything that ring has gone through it was pretty anticlimatic...

I mean, I've worn it in factories (silver gets some really psychedelic colours when it gets some chemicals on it) I've worn it while swimming in lakes, rivers and oceans. Then I go and take it off before a sparring match and it slid along the dashboard of my car and went into the ventilation. Having it removed from there would cost more than the simple silver ring was worth. (I've never liked gold, I just think it's tacky and does not suit me. I rather have something that works against werewolves any day.)

Here is a tool that may help, unless your ring is Sterling or nearly 100% silver. Most likely though, it has some steel or metal in it that will allow a magnet to pick it up. These are available at auto repair parts stores, for less than $10 US, so about 8.00 Euros.

Also, before you go to the auto shop, if you have a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle or wand attachment, they make long skinny hoses with adaptors and mini tool tip sets for cleaning computers and such. You could pick a set up very cheaply and use that with a fresh filter bag or cleaned dirt cup to rescue your ring, if it is not magnetic sensitive.

These are usually available at computer stores and office supply stores' computer sections.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:49:52 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5496 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »
So apparently I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. All of them.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5497 on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:32 pm »
So apparently I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. All of them.

I had all of mine removed at about your age, it's really not that bad. For me it was a bit bad because I tend to wake up when I'm under anesthesia (that was the 3rd or 4th time I awoke), but that doesn't happen to most people.

And they give you good drugs while you recover. Just be careful walking, because (especially if you firmly plant yourself) you'll feel it reverberate up to your jaw. It's not the worst feeling in the world, mildly painful, more so annoying.

Did I mention they give you good drugs?

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5498 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »
Unlike Queen I was given too much anesthesia, or am very susceptible to it. I didn't come to until somewhere in the car ride back home, and required my Dad and a nurse to get me to the car. Instead of waking up still in the oral surgeon's office like I was supposed to.

The pain wasn't too bad. Like Queen said, they give you good drugs. But I found all they really did was make me feel very tired rather than take away pain. Over the counter ibuprofein did a far better job at getting rid of the pain.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #5499 on: September 25, 2013, 08:03:10 pm »
Here's an exclusive photo of Sim after his trip to the dentist.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5500 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:18 pm »
Yeah, I didn't feel a thing when I got mine taken out. The problem was I also didn't feel a thing for days after. Made it hard to talk or eat.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

wrightway

« Reply #5501 on: September 26, 2013, 12:07:12 am »
(click to show/hide)

I am far more familiar with this feeling than I wish to be.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5502 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:27 am »

You totally need to sig that.
Sigg'd. I look into my crystal ball.. I see a custom title change in the near future...
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5503 on: September 26, 2013, 12:30:46 am »
Sigg'd. I look into my crystal ball.. I see a custom title change in the near future...

Whenever you wish. :)  You know where and how.

wrightway

« Reply #5504 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:07 am »
There is a little wild bird in the house. I have no idea how said little wild bird got in the house. I opened a window and am waiting to see if it realizes the window is open.