Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069077 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5610 on: October 05, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »
I hate it when people are unbearably stupid about their college choices. I know a girl who wants to become a music teacher, which we all know is not the best-paying job. Well, it's her choice, so whatever. But beyond that, rather than going to one of the many nice colleges here in our state, she is going to a college out-of-state. Not because of the amazing music teacher program it has, but because the campus is nice. Fuck all the beautiful campuses in Virginia, this West Virginia one is totally worth the horrifying out-of-state tuition! And she expects her mom to pay for it, at least partially. I can't wrap my mind around this.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5611 on: October 05, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »
I hate it when people are unbearably stupid about their college choices. I know a girl who wants to become a music teacher, which we all know is not the best-paying job. Well, it's her choice, so whatever. But beyond that, rather than going to one of the many nice colleges here in our state, she is going to a college out-of-state. Not because of the amazing music teacher program it has, but because the campus is nice. Fuck all the beautiful campuses in Virginia, this West Virginia one is totally worth the horrifying out-of-state tuition! And she expects her mom to pay for it, at least partially. I can't wrap my mind around this.

So you're essentially saying we need more MBAs/hedge fund managers and no teachers, simply because teaching doesn't pay well? It's sad that college tuition is ludicrously expensive to the point that people have to choose a career based on what gets them out of debt faster.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5612 on: October 05, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »

So you're essentially saying we need more MBAs/hedge fund managers and no teachers, simply because teaching doesn't pay well?

That's not what she's saying. What she's saying is there are a number of good music schools in Virginia (Longwood, Mary Washington, Virginia Commonwealth) that the girl could go to and get a better education at a cheaper price. Instead, she's going out of state to a lesser school because she likes the campus.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5613 on: October 05, 2013, 01:28:06 pm »

So you're essentially saying we need more MBAs/hedge fund managers and no teachers, simply because teaching doesn't pay well? It's sad that college tuition is ludicrously expensive to the point that people have to choose a career based on what gets them out of debt faster.

That is totally 100% exactly what I said. You have the best reading comprehension I've ever seen from anyone ever.

Silly Queen. :P

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5614 on: October 05, 2013, 01:34:01 pm »
That is totally 100% exactly what I said. You have the best reading comprehension I've ever seen from anyone ever.

Silly Queen. :P

You annoy me   :(

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5615 on: October 05, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »
Your love for disgusting foods annoys me.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5616 on: October 05, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »
You never asked that question of me until just now.

And neither is this the thread for it.

Either way, it really depends, now doesn't it? For me, marijuana is one of the least harmful drugs that you can get that is still illegal. Well, in most places.

Yes I did. Previous page, 6th post from the bottom. 12:53:34 AM.

You mean the one that says "So what about alcohol? Will that remain the same, or will it be controlled like painkillers now?"

Because that isn't quite the same question as "if marijuana should be restricted the same as painkillers, what other recreational drugs should face the same restriction? If none others, what makes pot unique?"

But whichever, really. Also, I really hate having to go through 4 pages of posts.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5617 on: October 05, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »
The next person to bring up GMO or weed while others are discussing the Shutdown will get milk tea in their face. Like can you focus on the topic that's at hand? I swear, there is a time and place for those discussion, but people feel the need to bring them up everywhere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"Weed" bolded because I see more of that than on Genetically Modified Foods, in fact I've seen nothing on GMOs yet.

I've noticed that a lot of "messianic potheads," as I like to call them, derail practically all political conversations into the War on Drugs and weed.

How ironic that these complaints successfully derailed the thread into a discussion about the War on Drugs and weed. (I know, I helped derail it further, but it gave me a chance.)
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5618 on: October 05, 2013, 02:54:02 pm »
Well, there are now about two feet of snow covering everything in sight, all travel is officially suspended in the entire county, and I had serious trouble even getting my door open this morning because of the giant snowdrift outside.

And to think it was 80 degrees last Monday. Isn't there supposed to be this thing called fall in between?

EDIT: I meant feet all along. The earlier instance of "inches" was a brain fart.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:44:43 pm by Random Guy »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5619 on: October 05, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »
You never asked that question of me until just now.

And neither is this the thread for it.

Either way, it really depends, now doesn't it? For me, marijuana is one of the least harmful drugs that you can get that is still illegal. Well, in most places.

Yes I did. Previous page, 6th post from the bottom. 12:53:34 AM.

You mean the one that says "So what about alcohol? Will that remain the same, or will it be controlled like painkillers now?"

Because that isn't quite the same question as "if marijuana should be restricted the same as painkillers, what other recreational drugs should face the same restriction? If none others, what makes pot unique?"

But whichever, really. Also, I really hate having to go through 4 pages of posts.

My second question was a slight extrapolation on the first one: alcohol is a recreational drug, after all. It was simply a more clear and specific questioning.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5620 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »

Question....the fuck is wrong with West Virginia University?

Ironbite-I ask as I hold a mint plant nonchanlantly.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5621 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

Why can't the girl save her mother tens of thousands of dollars by attending in state? The problem with West VA U is that it's too fucking pretty a campus, apparently ;D. That girl needs to be told she can go where she wants, but if it's out of state, she'll be paying for the tuition difference on her own. I have a sick feeling the mom will cave, though; the kind of self entitled ego this girl exhibits is usually a case of incompetent parenting.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5622 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:05 pm »

Well if you were a True Virginian™ then you would know that we make a pastime from mocking the lesser Virginia.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5623 on: October 05, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »
I think Sleepy's problem is less that she's going to West Virginia University and more that she's making choices about her future that don't display a whole lot of forethought ("This place is relatively cheap and has a good program" vs. "IT'S SO PRETTY").
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5624 on: October 05, 2013, 03:24:29 pm »

Well if you were a True Virginian™ then you would know that we make a pastime from mocking the lesser Virginia.

As a "True Virginian™" I am mostly shocked you forgot one of the better music schools in the state.  JMU would like words with thee!

Ironbite-BUT NOT AFTER I'M THROUGH WITH MINTING SLEEPY! MWHWHAHAHAHAHA!