Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076828 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5670 on: October 09, 2013, 08:36:17 pm »
I've got a nasty head cold; spent most of the day laying in bed, watching the original Evil Dead.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5671 on: October 10, 2013, 01:42:43 am »
I managed to drag my mom to an appointment with my therapist today. That turned out to be a huge fucking mistake. To start, I reminded my therapist (*Jane*) that I prefer male pronouns and asked her to use them frequently. Then my mother entered, and right off the fucking bat she's in crazy fundie mode: she's screaming that I'm deluded, that Jane should be insisting that I'm female, that she has the Absolute TruthTM about my gender identity because she's lived in the same house as me. She ranted and raved for about twenty minutes, with me occasionally shouting actual information. Jane calmed us down a little before letting me try to explain what it's like to be transgender. She kept insisting that it was a lie, that I was making it up to distract people from my "terminal laziness problem" (depression). I tried to explain that, because of my depression simple tasks are painfully exhausting. She accuses me of being a lazy bitch and points out that I'm not really doing anything productive with my life right now. Jane asks me to leave the room, in order to talk to my mom one-on-one. This lasts about ten rather awkward minutes, after which I'm pretty sure Jane detests her almost as much as I do. Jane reminds me to focus on my depression self-care, my mom walks out thinking she's won something (as if shouting somebody down when they can't run away is something of which to be proud), and hours later I'm still pissed off. She didn't win jack shit but she's acting like she's made some big breakthrough for Jesus. Argh.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:50:16 am by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5672 on: October 10, 2013, 08:52:02 am »
I'd say do what I do to irk my mom about my gender identity, but wearing heels and short skirts would probably be counter productive :-/

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5673 on: October 10, 2013, 12:17:37 pm »
I'd say do what I do to irk my mom about my gender identity, but wearing heels and short skirts would probably be counter productive :-/
I've been "cross-dressing" for several years out of comfort, but I can still piss her off by using my sister's makeup to give the illusion of smaller eyes and facial hair. Not totally sure it's a good idea, but it's an option.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5674 on: October 10, 2013, 12:45:37 pm »
Dress up in flannel and jeans and put on a fake beard.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5675 on: October 10, 2013, 01:01:48 pm »

And memorize the lyrics to "The Lumberjack Song" just in case.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5676 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »
I've already done that, so I was planning on a more dapper (read: obviously queer) look. I'm talking pencil-thin mustache, ruffled shirt, flouncy walk, the whole nine yards. It will allow me to practice facial hair and give an explanation for my soprano voice. (If there is a god he has a sick sense of humor, because I have a lovely high voice that I hate with a passion.)
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5677 on: October 10, 2013, 01:44:11 pm »

Possibly a genderflipped version of the Lumberjack song. (I haven't heard of one but there has gotta be one by now.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5678 on: October 10, 2013, 07:11:28 pm »

Possibly a genderflipped version of the Lumberjack song. (I haven't heard of one but there has gotta be one by now.)

The Lumberjill song?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5679 on: October 10, 2013, 07:11:40 pm »
Carry around a balloon full of nitrous. Any time you're talking to your mom, inhale it before you speak.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5680 on: October 10, 2013, 07:45:52 pm »
Carry around a balloon full of nitrous. Any time you're talking to your mom, inhale it before you speak.
I'd rather have a balloon full of sulfur hexafluoride, it's less likely to make me giggle like a stoner fool.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5681 on: October 11, 2013, 03:22:30 pm »
When people ask you a question of something you don't have extensive knowledge about, and if you can't answer off the top of your head or provide an explanation they can understand, they determine that you or the thing you're talking about is wrong.  This is especially prevalent among religious people who ask complex science questions to people who don't study the science for a living and therefore cannot answer off the top of their heads.  And if you can't answer in detail, then that must mean the answer either doesn't exist or isn't correct.  Like if it isn't common knowledge, it isn't true.

I was watching a snippet of a movie about the Scopes Monkey trial, and someone asked me what the mosquito evolved from.  Since I didn't have the answer off the top of my head, they just said "there you go," like nobody could possibly know where it came from since I obviously didn't.  And when I said that it had to evolve from something, and that some things go unchanged for thousands of years since their way of life works for them, they just kept shaking their head. 

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5682 on: October 11, 2013, 03:47:11 pm »
Mosquito is a member of the fly family.  So... presumably a type of fly that developed a piercing proboscis. 

The whole question, dismissal, and shaking head thing is just to divert attention from their tenuous positions.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5683 on: October 11, 2013, 03:53:27 pm »
I'd say just turn it against them.

You. "Is it not written in Hosea 14:23 "and God commanded that all life shall henceforth evolve from previous species, to best suit its environment"?

Fundie dumbfuck. "...Of course not!"

You. "Oh? Well then, what does Hosea 14:23 say?

Fundie Dumbfuck. "I don't know. Bu-"

You. "Exactly".

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5684 on: October 11, 2013, 07:03:07 pm »
DIY parrot foraging toys is a lot of work
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.