Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071709 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6345 on: December 17, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »
My period started yesterday, and my co-workers are slowly backsliding into using the wrong pronouns. My brother has also stopped calling me Will, with the "it's not what's on your birth certificate" "justification". So it's a double, maybe triple whammy of disphoria and depression. To top it off, a friend said she'd meet me for lunch today and then stood me up.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6346 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:50 am »
Okay, this one is probably the First World Problems of First World Problems, but I have this massive pet peeve.

Whenever I search for "Dark Knight" in, say, Skyrim mods or something, I expect to find stuff like... this:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Instead I find stuff like this:

(click to show/hide)

Don't get me wrong, I like Batman, but...

(click to show/hide)

The worst part is, "Death Knight" and "Dark Knight" and what have you tend to carry different connotations, so you can't just use "Death Knight" as a synonym because it isn't!

There's Shadowknight, too, which also carries its own connotations but generally encompasses both Death Knight and Dark Knight, but then you get THIS!

(click to show/hide)

SEARCH ENGINES ARGH

And to make matters worse, almost no one uses Shadowknight outside of the Everquest community... so you can't even succeed at THAT.

tl;dr: Batman is preventing me from getting my geek on.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6347 on: December 18, 2013, 07:06:49 am »
Theres no parrot rescue centers in melbourne that i can volunteer at
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:28:08 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6348 on: December 18, 2013, 09:11:03 am »
Okay, this one is probably the First World Problems of First World Problems, but I have this massive pet peeve.

Whenever I search for "Dark Knight" in, say, Skyrim mods or something, I expect to find stuff like... this:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The worst part is, "Death Knight" and "Dark Knight" and what have you tend to carry different connotations, so you can't just use "Death Knight" as a synonym because it isn't!

There's Shadowknight, too, which also carries its own connotations but generally encompasses both Death Knight and Dark Knight, but then you get THIS!

(click to show/hide)

SEARCH ENGINES ARGH

And to make matters worse, almost no one uses Shadowknight outside of the Everquest community... so you can't even succeed at THAT.

Might I suggest searching, instead, for Blackguard?  Its got similar connotations and may yield more desirable results.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6349 on: December 18, 2013, 10:02:47 am »
I feel that way a lot too.   I think that all I am is just an annoyance going around spouting stuff nobody cares about anyway.  I often believe that there really is no point of me even existing at times.

What's worse is that there's also the idea that I'm getting upset over something fictional and thus it's stupid of me to say anything.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6350 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04:07 am »
I have a vicious head cold that's left me with a sore throat, runny nose, nausea, a headache, and lightheadedness that nearly kept me from crawling out of bed 13 hours after I got in.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6351 on: December 18, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

SEARCH ENGINES ARGH

And thus you're preventing yourself from enjoying a very awesome mode.

Observe.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eH41yi25k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eH41yi25k</a>

Ironbite-gonna be one of the first mods I install when I finally load up Skyrim.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6352 on: December 18, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

SEARCH ENGINES ARGH

Might I suggest searching, instead, for Blackguard?  Its got similar connotations and may yield more desirable results.

I'll try that, yeah.  Might run into the same problem of Shadowknight (as in "not enough people use it") but anything's worth a shot.

@Ironbite

Fuck you go back to playing Arkham Origins/City/Asylum :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6353 on: December 18, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »
Whenever flaming starts the *gets the popcorn* thing starts.

Its schticky
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6354 on: December 18, 2013, 07:47:18 pm »
I just really like popcorn.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6355 on: December 18, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »
I find that more annoying than anything. At first it was edgy, but now it's just the "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" of the board.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6356 on: December 18, 2013, 08:58:30 pm »
I find that more annoying than anything. At first it was edgy, but now it's just the "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" of the board.

I'd like it if someone actually yelled "JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!" when a flamewar starts...if only because it'd amuse me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6357 on: December 18, 2013, 09:02:57 pm »

I'd like it if someone actually yelled "JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!" when a flamewar starts...if only because it'd amuse me.

You're an asshole!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6358 on: December 18, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

You're an asshole!

Oh, snap! Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6359 on: December 18, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »
*grabs popcorn*
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades