Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074180 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7410 on: May 28, 2014, 06:03:30 pm »
I hate glurge stories.  I also hate when people, particularly religious people, think they're the cleverest and funniest things ever, especially when the punchline is "someone who thinks differently than you is going to hell and you're so much better for being a Christian, hahahahaha!". 

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7411 on: May 28, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »
People's crappy driving habits are one of the most irritating things I deal with on a daily basis. These include:

-Driving in the left lane 10+ mph under the speed limit

-Weaving between cars to get ahead a measly 3 car lengths ahead

-Slamming on the brakes unnecessarily hard, forcing everyone behind you to do so as well

-Talking on your phone while driving and going 10-20+ mph under the speed limit

-Tailgating to the point where you cause an accident (a driver hit my mom doing this)
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7412 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »
STOP LETTING YOUR ANIMALS RUN LOOSE, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE RIGHT NEAR A FUCKING ROAD!

I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRY!  IN FACT, THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOU!

I need a lot of drinks...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7413 on: May 31, 2014, 10:32:29 am »
I went and accidentally bit my tongue so hard yesterday that I'm having problems eating properly...and, yes, its persisting and showing no signs of not wanting to be a cunt, yet.  I'm honestly surprised that, when it happened, I didn't draw fucking blood.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7414 on: June 01, 2014, 01:52:46 am »
Had yet another incident with my alcoholic friend turning up, starting problems & prompting someone to call the cops thanks to his drunken spectacle (which escalated to the point where my neighbour's son was threatening to stab him if he didn't leave; I'm too exhausted to recount the whole story, but the gist is that he dropped a 40 of beer in their yard, got into an argument with my neighbour over it, and her son felt he had to protect her from the drunken idiot). I've told him so many times that he can't come here unless he's sober (upped that to "until you're in treatment" after tonight), but good fucking luck getting him to stick to that when he's wasted. So tired of this shit.

Also, I hurt my shoulder while trying to prevent drunken idiot from getting too close to my neighbour's kid.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:11:34 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7415 on: June 01, 2014, 02:28:24 am »
Not so much "this annoys me" as "this worries me".  Remember how in April I made a post how, for my birthday, my mom got a me a portable air conditioner for my room?  Well, I looked through reviews for this particular model I have, and the majority seem to be negative.  From different sites, the average seems to be 3/5 at best.  I finally set it up tonight and it's running fine so far, but the major problems the reviews had was problems with leaking and breaking down after a few weeks to a few months.  I really don't want think this thing to break, not because of the hot summer, but because I'll feel guilty and bad for my mom.  I'm 25, still can't drive, and thus I have no actual job, and perhaps that wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't gone to DeVry for my education (some people here might remember another user who went there and was very unhappy), so I also have around $35,000 in student loan debt.  I only have until next April to both finish my driver's ed driving and complete the 50 hour driving log (my dad's supposed to be teaching me).  And even if I succeed, that won't magically grant me a car with insurance.

All this combined makes me very uneasy receiving any gift that's more than $50 for either Christmas or my birthday, let alone ask for it (I didn't even ask for the air conditioner; my mom just knows has bad it gets upstairs during the summer).  I don't want people to feel like they're wasting money on me.  So yeah, I really don't want this thing to fail, or I'll feel worse than I already do.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7416 on: June 01, 2014, 01:25:15 pm »
Having to wait for people to respond here.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7417 on: June 01, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »
My group got two out of five on part of an assessment.

The assessment was to describe a statistical analysis term, find it in a research paper and describe how its used, then to make a fictions example of it being used incorrectly.

I and KP were responsible for this part of the assessment, kp did the part part, i did the ficticious example.

Thing is, only my section was marked, hence the two out of five, but kp plagiarised the fuck out of her section. And i am beyond pissed at her
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7418 on: June 02, 2014, 06:17:43 pm »
Whenever any video for any MMORPG zooms the camera out as far as physically possible.

"What is this, an MMORPG for ants? I can't see shit!"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7419 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:45 am »
Boss spoke about an old employee and how great he was. He never took a day off for being sick in two years.

Only one problem, either that means that he just was lucky and didn't get sick OR he came to work while being sick. The latter is NOT a good idea when working in a customer service job.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7420 on: June 03, 2014, 07:36:03 pm »
I'm sick and tired of people bringing up my privilege when I complain.  I really don't like this argument because telling somebody to simply not be angry is not going to placate them and make them feel better.  I think it is all the more tragic when privilege does not equal happiness, but that doesn't mean it is less true.

An analogy is a study showed that people will generally have the same level of happiness if they follow their dreams or if they do not follow their dreams, which implies that satisfaction with life is more internal than external.

Not that any of these factors excuse people from being terrible assholes, but the "look at how good you have it" argument rarely creates converts.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7421 on: June 03, 2014, 08:02:34 pm »
Internet is being slow.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7422 on: June 03, 2014, 08:14:58 pm »
I'm sick and tired of people bringing up my privilege when I complain.  I really don't like this argument because telling somebody to simply not be angry is not going to placate them and make them feel better.  I think it is all the more tragic when privilege does not equal happiness, but that doesn't mean it is less true.

An analogy is a study showed that people will generally have the same level of happiness if they follow their dreams or if they do not follow their dreams, which implies that satisfaction with life is more internal than external.

Not that any of these factors excuse people from being terrible assholes, but the "look at how good you have it" argument rarely creates converts.
I'm assuming you're referring to whenever someone brings up you privilege when you're complaining about everyday things ("my car engine just stalled, dammit" "Kill you're self privelaged scum!")

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7423 on: June 03, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »

I'm assuming you're referring to whenever someone brings up you privilege when you're complaining about everyday things ("my car engine just stalled, dammit" "Kill you're self privelaged scum!")
Mainly that, yes.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #7424 on: June 03, 2014, 10:08:14 pm »
I just found out Warhammer 40k got a new, $85 7th edition rulebook. I haven't even gotten to use my $50 6th edition rulebook for lack of playing partners, for throne's sake...