Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068957 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7560 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:47 am »
Direct quote from my client at the company dinner he was holding, while giving a speech about the company's upcoming 27th anniversary.

"A LIGHTNING BOLT DID NOT STRIKE A PUDDLE OF MUD AND CREATE A SINGLE CELL AMOEBA OR WHATEVER THEY'RE CALLED. THAT'S JUST DUMB."

He started it with religion and went overboard. He was probably on the cusp of saying something homophobic.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7561 on: July 03, 2014, 12:36:08 am »
Canadia on FSTDT.

A troll who decided it would be splendid to insult someone who committed suicide due to being bullied in real life and online for being gay.

Gotta say, there comes a point where being a troll doesn't make what you said any better.  Trolls enrage people over petty things, that's what makes them brilliant and funny.  "Trolling" a serious matter isn't clever or funny, it's just seeking out that false sense of superiority to people because "I got them mad."

Yeah, George W. Bush pissed people off, too, that doesn't make him a brilliant troll.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7562 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:00 am »
To bad they can't ban people on the thread. 

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7563 on: July 03, 2014, 02:06:58 am »
Canadia on FSTDT.

A troll who decided it would be splendid to insult someone who committed suicide due to being bullied in real life and online for being gay.

Gotta say, there comes a point where being a troll doesn't make what you said any better.  Trolls enrage people over petty things, that's what makes them brilliant and funny.  "Trolling" a serious matter isn't clever or funny, it's just seeking out that false sense of superiority to people because "I got them mad."

Yeah, George W. Bush pissed people off, too, that doesn't make him a brilliant troll.

His quotes about worth and apparently believing himself to be some sort of macho man just amuse me. As I said, I smell a rabbit.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7564 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »
Some people from 4chan decided it would be funny to spam Social Justice (and SJW) tags with vivid gore.

I haven't seen it myself, nor do I wish to see it.

*sighs* When haters are worse than SJWs.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7565 on: July 05, 2014, 01:31:33 am »
Direct quote from my client at the company dinner he was holding, while giving a speech about the company's upcoming 27th anniversary.

"A LIGHTNING BOLT DID NOT STRIKE A PUDDLE OF MUD AND CREATE A SINGLE CELL AMOEBA OR WHATEVER THEY'RE CALLED. THAT'S JUST DUMB."

He started it with religion and went overboard. He was probably on the cusp of saying something homophobic.

Funny thing is though he's completely right.  A lightning bolt did not strike a puddle of mud and create an amobea, that really is just dumb.  That's why nobody thinks that's what happened.  He's just not right in the way he thinks he is.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7566 on: July 05, 2014, 02:46:09 am »
Speaking of things that annoy me, people who treat all of tumblr like it's full of nothing but SJWs.

No, there's actually a massive amount of people on the site.  A lot of them are good people.  And it's not even a case of the SJWs being a vocal minority because everyone's vocal.

Tumblr tends to create circles of people, though.  SJWs will reblog SJWs and SJs, and Anti-SJWs will reblog SJWs and other Anti-SJWs, and if you only stick around SJWs, they are the only people you will see.  Thus creates a confirmation bias.

Same for if you only hang around the fandom circles of Tumblr.  You'll only see that circle of Tumblr.

Truth is, Tumblr's... surprisingly a lot like people in real life.  Diverse and prone to herding.
The "Average Tumblr user is an SJW" factoid is actually just a statistical error. The average tumblr is not an SJW. SJW George, who lives in there bedroom & makes over 10000 SJW posts a day, is a statistical outlier and should not have been counted.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7567 on: July 07, 2014, 11:22:01 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with Youtube audio just randomly dropping low until you play with the volume setting to remind it to be where it should be?

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7568 on: July 07, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »
Yes, I've noticed that happening to me. It's strange, but it only happens sometimes.

At least it's not like last year where videos from people with under 10,000 subscribers would either have the "an error occurred" message halfway through or not load at all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7569 on: July 07, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with Youtube audio just randomly dropping low until you play with the volume setting to remind it to be where it should be?

I have, but it seems to actually be related to my phone. If I turn the volume down lower on my phone (my iPhone uses the same account), it remembers those volume settings for the computer.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #7570 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:23 am »
Today, Youtube decided to give me error messages on two different videos, despite my internet being fine and every other video working perfectly. There's a lot more that annoys me about Youtube, but I think I'll save that for a later post.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7571 on: July 08, 2014, 05:41:02 am »
I think I've all but given up on discussing religion with other people.

It seems that individuals are able to read metaphors or extract meanings from a text just fine until a "religion" tag is slapped on it, then the whole thing just turns into a massive fuckfest.

Oh, what's that? The Dao De Jing says not to let the world treat you like a straw dog (paraphrasing of a chapter)? That must mean I shouldn't let the world literally light me on fire!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7572 on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:48 am »
To be fair, you really shouldn't let people light you on fire.  :P
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7573 on: July 08, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

Oh you.

But, seriously, what is it about religion that makes people on every side suddenly turn into literalistic twats?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7574 on: July 08, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »

Oh you.

But, seriously, what is it about religion that makes people on every side suddenly turn into literalistic twats?

It's srs business.