Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076773 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8205 on: October 30, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »
Distind left because he was a transphobic retard who's views came out after he stepped down as head of this insane asylum.

Interesting. The way I remember it, Distind had a perfectly reasonable position on transpeople but he wasn't tolerating the fringe elements of the social justice circlejerk. Naturally, the SJ crowd dogpiled on him in something that reminded me a little too much of PZ's crowd.

I know he's not coming back, but you guys did chase him away.
Yeah, no, he's a transphobe.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8206 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:09 pm »
Distind left because he was a transphobic retard who's views came out after he stepped down as head of this insane asylum.

Interesting. The way I remember it, Distind had a perfectly reasonable position on transpeople but he wasn't tolerating the fringe elements of the social justice circlejerk. Naturally, the SJ crowd dogpiled on him in something that reminded me a little too much of PZ's crowd.

I cant remember how that went down, i probably wont understand because trans terminology and issues fly right over my head, enlighten me?
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8207 on: October 30, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »

I cant remember how that went down, i probably wont understand because trans terminology and issues fly right over my head, enlighten me?

As I recall he said something like (or that some people interpreted to mean) "transwomen are men" and tried to backtrack and the whole thing became a huge shitstorm.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8208 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:32 am »

As I recall he said something like (or that some people interpreted to mean) "transwomen are men" and tried to backtrack and the whole thing became a huge shitstorm.

I think he specifically said that he does not consider transwomen to be women, BUT he did not consider them men either. Basically he put trans people in a separate category from cis-men and cis-women.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8209 on: October 31, 2014, 03:03:01 am »
Wow, that sounds pretty darn reasonable to me!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8210 on: October 31, 2014, 08:15:18 am »
I think what happened was thus:

1. Distind says he wouldn't want to screw a MTF transperson.
2. Someone asks him why.
3. Distind says he couldn't think of them as female.
4. Queen and a bunch of other people call him out for obvious reasons.
5. Distind attempts backtracking, but ends up tripping over his own shoelaces and digging his own grave even deeper.
6. People piss on him even more.
7. Disty-kun threatens to shut the forum down instead of letting us migrate to our own space, attempting to put us mere peasants back in our place.
8. The "peasants" revolt, call him a fuckwad, authority over the forum is handed over to Sigma, negotiations are held between him and Distind, and we keep the forum, host, and data, just not our original name as Distind's final "fuck you" to us ungrateful serfs.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8211 on: October 31, 2014, 12:10:17 pm »
The "peasants" revolt, call him a fuckwad, authority over the forum is handed over to Sigma, negotiations are held between him and Distind, and we keep the forum, host, and data, just not our original name as Distind's final "fuck you" to us ungrateful serfs.

Not quite. I was already admin by that point. In fact, Distind only started his threads after handing me power, because he thought those were things he couldn't speak freely on while he was the admin. Not keeping the name was mostly just that FSTDT continues to be a separate website, so we couldn't really call ourselves "FSTDT forums".

Won't comment on the rest, because what exactly Distind said and meant to say was a very contentious point I don't feel like going into. I'll just say that the relevant threads are still there if anyone wants to see for themselves what happened. Just look for "Distind Vents".
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8212 on: October 31, 2014, 12:34:39 pm »
Granted, my memories may be a tad faulty, happens a lot.  I'm surprised I remember my own name, some days.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8213 on: October 31, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »
Seriously people there are records.

Ironbite-go look at them.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8214 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »
Too lazy.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8215 on: October 31, 2014, 07:03:54 pm »
Good riddance to Distind, I say. The biggest mistake I made on the old account was defending him during that little shitstorm.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:22:05 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8216 on: October 31, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »
People are already pissing their pants about Distind again. Not much I can do about that, but I read the beginning of that thread and I didn't find anything Distind said objectionable.

Of course, it was him versus the tumblrinas, so they shouted him down.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8217 on: October 31, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »
Let the record show that I'm getting sick of "sexy" Halloween costumes.  There were far too many of them at the office party my wife and I went to.  Thankfully, there aren't as many at the costume party we're at.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:02:39 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8218 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:58 am »
People are already pissing their pants about Distind again. Not much I can do about that, but I read the beginning of that thread and I didn't find anything Distind said objectionable.

Of course, it was him versus the tumblrinas, so they shouted him down.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8219 on: November 01, 2014, 02:47:17 am »
For the record, I think people overreacted to what Distind said but like most flamewars that one happened when I was asleep so I just tried to go through the pages and see what the issue was about.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!