Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070124 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8880 on: June 20, 2015, 04:51:51 pm »
If you want to criticize feminism, fine, but don't lump all feminists into one group.  Do you know how many different types of feminism there are?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8881 on: June 20, 2015, 06:19:10 pm »
You don't get character development at this point!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8882 on: June 24, 2015, 10:54:16 am »
I have been tired, angry and sad for a few days now. For lots of reasons and no reason at all. Because of course I am not making any sense.

Also I have finally understood why people get drunk with the purpose of having a hangover.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8883 on: June 25, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »
This fucking humidity.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8884 on: June 25, 2015, 04:34:37 pm »
I think my good ol' van has had all she can takes, and she can't takes no more.  Pretty good for a 95 Ford Aerostar.   Either the front brakes have locked, or the bearings have gone all platz.   Either way, I don't think I can afford to put any more money into her. 

I has a sad over a vehicle. 

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8885 on: June 25, 2015, 11:39:31 pm »
After all this time and all this social change, why is it still a rule that men have to ask women and not the other way around? I've been hurt too often to keep asking, and I wish I could just get on with my life and wait for someone to find me instead.

But that's not the way the world works. Regardless of greater LGBT acceptance and non-traditional relationships gaining ground, it is still practically unheard of for a woman to initiate a heterosexual relationship*. Why must it be this way?

(Yes, I'm bisexual and in theory a man could ask me out, but the chances of one of the ~10% of men who are queer being present and interested enough in me to ask (not to mention that nobody has ever recognized me as bisexual without me telling them) are so low I can safely write it off as impossible. Same with the very few women who would ask a man out; that's probably an even lower chance.)

*I have only be approached in this way twice, and both are extremely obvious exceptions. The first time, she was 12 and I was 14; neither of us knew a lot of the underlying social rules at that point. The second was with a trans woman who had only recently begun transition and probably still had a few leftover male traits.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:47:59 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8886 on: June 26, 2015, 01:26:26 am »
Answer: Inertia.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8887 on: June 26, 2015, 04:06:59 am »
For the record: My wife propositioned me. I had been waiting for the right time (and taking a bit too long due to being nervous and afraid to push further.)

Actually, one time when I asked her what she wanted for birthday she said she wanted an engagement ring so technically she was the one pushing the relationship further (though I was the one who originally initiated the relation ship.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8888 on: June 27, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
I like CCleaner well enough, but I don't think I've ever used any other program where automatic updating was considered a "premium feature".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8889 on: July 02, 2015, 08:07:35 pm »
Having to clear my yard of sticks after a thunderstorm.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8890 on: July 02, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »
Chemistry is kicking.  My.  ASS.  Caliometry and heat transfer are bitches to figure out, for some reason.  Even though its all just math.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8891 on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »
Stupid Chrome crashed, and when it rebooted, I found that my entire youtube viewing history somehow got deleted.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8892 on: July 05, 2015, 01:38:53 am »
Chrome is crashing every three minutes or so, so I'm forced to use goddamned Internet Explorer. Fucking hell.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8893 on: July 05, 2015, 02:21:33 am »
Predictably, my stepinshitdad brought over his daughter and the daughter's daughter.

I'm bent on ignoring them, lest I become angry at their persistent presence.

And they're roomed right next to me.

And my mother keeps on nagging that I talk to them.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8894 on: July 13, 2015, 12:21:04 am »
Don't know if I've said this before but:
The "Africans sold themselves into slavery" line I here from slavery apologists.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Africa was a single unified nation with a uniform ethnic group and religion backround! So nice to know the backround of an entire continent can be lumped together like that!

Seriously, people never talk about Europe or Asia like it has a uniform culture and people.