Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073669 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8925 on: July 31, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »
I'm just about done with this forum entirely. You can blame UP and Fred for that. I'm still considering it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8926 on: July 31, 2015, 12:13:52 pm »
I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand, but there's a lot of other people here on this forum.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8927 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »
Yeah, were not all argumentative (okay so we are but not to the extreme.)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8928 on: July 31, 2015, 02:39:47 pm »
There's always the ignore button.  Other than that, I really don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry you feel that way, Cerim. :/   

I'd personallly hate it if you left.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #8929 on: July 31, 2015, 03:41:32 pm »
It's the fact those two see fit to infest MULTIPLE topics with good discussion otherwise to take opposing stances and promptly bitch to no end for at minimum four pages and resort to ad hominem and outright ignoring what the other has to say. It drives me up a motherfucking wall. You seen Miles around? Eni? Zachski? Shane? Nope. Due in no small part because of ludicrous, unending BULLSHIT from those two.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8930 on: July 31, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »
Point of order but Zachski left the internet as a whole and Shane god only knows where he is.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8931 on: July 31, 2015, 05:46:46 pm »
Yeah, Shane never actually said goodbye or anything.   That worries me a bit.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #8932 on: July 31, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »
Zach I still talk to regularly on Steam (like, at least every other day) and I know Shane's active on Steam, even if he and I never talk.

Formerly Priestling

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8933 on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:21 pm »
I guess we have to go back to the old days of Googling part of the lyrics. Of course, if there are no lyrics, you're fucked.

Or if I can't make out the lyrics. 

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8934 on: August 01, 2015, 09:19:48 am »
Point of order but Zachski left the internet as a whole and Shane god only knows where he is.

I don't come here very often anymore, and I missed Zachski's exit.  Is there a thread with an explanation, or did that happen in IRC?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8935 on: August 01, 2015, 09:20:59 am »
I think he just up and left. No thread just stopped coming online.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8936 on: August 07, 2015, 02:28:07 pm »
People who talk about how much they hate government but the moment a non-white guy gets shot they suddenly start spouting authoritarianism 101.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8937 on: August 08, 2015, 10:59:15 am »
Fucking sidewalk-weeds.  Two weeks will elapse from one weed-pulling to "OMG I have to hack through with a machete to get along the front walkway to the door."  Two weeks to go from nothing, to 10-inch, ground-hugging, living tripwires on the way to the front door.  I really need to introduce those fuckers to Mr. Vinegar and Ms. Epsom Salt.  I hear if you sprinkle that shit on a weed, nothing will grow on that spot for 2 years.

Also, yardwork in general.  It's in the 90's here and quite humid.  Hubby was on the ride-on mower (only a masochist would risk heatstroke with a push-mower in a SoFla summer) and hit a root.  The blade bent badly enough that now we have a plow instead of a lawnmower.  Hubby's gone back to Sears to see if anything can be done.  Meanwhile, the front yard is neatly mowed and swept, but the backyard has a few trails around islands of waist-high weeds, and a small area of churned-up loam.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8938 on: August 08, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »
Incredibly minor thing but it still bothers me - those 6 sided dice with numbers, instead of dots, with a little mark on the 6 so you know it's a 6 and not a 9.  Why do they do that?  I know it's a 6; there are only 6 numbers on this bloody thing and they go from 1-6 so it can't be a 9! I'm not an idiot you patronising fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8939 on: August 08, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »
Incredibly minor thing but it still bothers me - those 6 sided dice with numbers, instead of dots, with a little mark on the 6 so you know it's a 6 and not a 9.  Why do they do that?  I know it's a 6; there are only 6 numbers on this bloody thing and they go from 1-6 so it can't be a 9! I'm not an idiot you patronising fucks!

I am more annoyed at all those bigger die that I have seen without any difference between 6 and 9. Sure you can pick up the dice and check what the number on the bottom is to differentiate between 6 and 9 but you shouldn't have to. Particularly any "fancy" looking dice are usually bad at this.

I don't mind if d6 follow the same logic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!