Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073434 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9060 on: September 23, 2015, 06:23:39 pm »
So, it turns out it was a full blown migraine, which acetaminophen does jack shit for.  It only dulled the pain as long as I laid perfectly still, but the pressure was so bad I would become dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseous at the slightest twitch; I couldn't even fall asleep because simply entering a dream would trigger it.  I finally caved and took the ibuprofen, and after about thirty minutes, everything dulled down so I could comfortably sleep; I felt much better when I woke, though I've had persistent, very dull pressure in my left temple all day.

I think I need something that's anti-inflammatory (to combat the pressure as well as the pain), which acetaminophen is not.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9061 on: September 23, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »
Doesn't Tramadol knock you out, though?  If memory serves, that's something my dad takes to, amongst other things, help him sleep and...resisting the urge to sleep does NOT lead to good things.

Sounds like he's taking a dosage intended for that. Tramadol can be taken at lesser dosage for migraines. It's a pseudo opiate with serotonin reuptake inhibitor effects and won't exacerbate IBS.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9062 on: September 24, 2015, 08:09:58 am »
Aaah, tis certainly possible, aye.  He tends to need high doses since he's got a tolerance for...well, name a drug.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9063 on: September 24, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »
While I was writing a post whining about my Twine code not working, I accidently dumped my energy drink on my laptop. Fortunately it's just sticky instead of bricky.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9064 on: September 24, 2015, 12:41:33 pm »
My dog has developed a bad habit, he comes to me anywhere from 3am to 5am in the morning whining, acting like he has to go potty. Given that he's an old geezer of a dog, I take him out, sometimes he's productive and goes poop, other times like this morning, he doesn't go poo, and uses it as an excuse to go for a walk. Can a girl  sleep??
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:43:21 pm by nickiknack »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9065 on: September 24, 2015, 03:02:48 pm »
I had the same problem when my late dog got very old. Luckily I have a tiny fenced back yard and got her trained to use a doggy door easily. She actually wagged her ache-y, arthritic tail when she mastered the door flap. I miss her still.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9066 on: September 25, 2015, 02:43:23 pm »
Someone who knows my address is playing a really sick joke on me, signing me up to volunteer for Trump's campaign. Not Cool, Seriously Not Cool. I suspect my Brother In Law, because he made an joke about me wearing a Trump button the other day on an FB post of mine. Also I'm taking ideas what I should do with the Trump campaign button, I'm leaning towards burning it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9067 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »
Someone who knows my address is playing a really sick joke on me, signing me up to volunteer for Trump's campaign. Not Cool, Seriously Not Cool. I suspect my Brother In Law, because he made an joke about me wearing a Trump button the other day on an FB post of mine. Also I'm taking ideas what I should do with the Trump campaign button, I'm leaning towards burning it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Have a highly entertaining anti-Republican outburst in front of him. I'm sure that will stop the prank.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9068 on: September 25, 2015, 02:57:56 pm »
If I was 100% sure it was him, I would sign him up to volunteer for Hillary, since he dislikes her, I think he can go either way with Sanders, given that I've noticed that the liked his FB page(which I find a bit shocking given the names I've been called for having views akin to his, and that he's a Reagan worshiper).

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9069 on: September 25, 2015, 04:06:01 pm »
That's not a very funny prank.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9070 on: September 25, 2015, 04:43:49 pm »
On closer inspection, it doesn't give a room number to show up to, it just says "the Trump building in NYC", there is an address on the address label, the letter is vague for asking someone to show up somewhere, and they had access to the 10022 postal code(which is in NYC). Yeah, this has both my bro-in law and sister(she works in NYC), written all over this. I now need to get even with both of them.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9071 on: September 25, 2015, 08:09:03 pm »
On closer inspection, it doesn't give a room number to show up to, it just says "the Trump building in NYC", there is an address on the address label, the letter is vague for asking someone to show up somewhere, and they had access to the 10022 postal code(which is in NYC). Yeah, this has both my bro-in law and sister(she works in NYC), written all over this. I now need to get even with both of them.

when in doubt, garbage juice on the lightbulbs and rotten eggs in the couch cushions work wonders.

... don't ask why that's spontaneous advice.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9072 on: September 25, 2015, 09:05:48 pm »
Google a bunch of "daily deal" (i.e. assloads of spam) mailing lists and sign them up for every single one you can find. In fact, do this for as many mailing lists you can find that don't require email confirmation (stuff involving religion, politics, celebrities, penis enlargement and the like should fit the bill). Go to bunch of cyber sex chat rooms, flirt with the multitude of creeps you'll find, give them their e-mail/mobile phone numbers and ask for all the dick picks they can send. If you're still not satisfied, find any mormon/Jehova's Witnesses chapters in their area, give them their address and ask them to pay a visit. Preferably as early in the morning as possible.

Hey, go big or go home, that's what I say when it comes to pranks.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9073 on: September 25, 2015, 09:12:27 pm »
Google a bunch of "daily deal" (i.e. assloads of spam) mailing lists and sign them up for every single one you can find. In fact, do this for as many mailing lists you can find that don't require email confirmation (stuff involving religion, politics, celebrities, penis enlargement and the like should fit the bill). Go to bunch of cyber sex chat rooms, flirt with the multitude of creeps you'll find, give them their e-mail/mobile phone numbers and ask for all the dick picks they can send. If you're still not satisfied, find any mormon/Jehova's Witnesses chapters in their area, give them their address and ask them to pay a visit. Preferably as early in the morning as possible.

Hey, go big or go home, that's what I say when it comes to pranks.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9074 on: September 25, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »
Art, remind me to never ever piss you off.