Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075875 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9195 on: October 11, 2015, 10:38:37 am »
Isn't the point of downtime to relax and enjoy yourself after you spend most of your time working?

According to some, if you aren't working all the time, you're lazy and deserve to be poor.  WORK YOURSELF TO DEATH, SERF!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9196 on: October 11, 2015, 11:20:36 am »
Svata just tell the dick to fuck right off. Who is he to tell you what's fucking productive or not. Plus I imagine he does something not so productive on his downtime so who is he to tell you what the fuck to do.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9197 on: October 11, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »
He supports the Milwaukee Brewing Company and their employees in his downtime. He's a real man and a fucking job creator! Svata masturbates his brain with virtual dolls. /bitter snark
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9198 on: October 12, 2015, 01:03:14 am »
People who make passive-aggressive posts in this thread about people rather than either letting it go or growing a pair and calling them out directly.

Kind of like this one. Irritating, is it not?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9199 on: October 12, 2015, 01:31:41 am »
People who make passive-aggressive posts in this thread about people rather than either letting it go or growing a pair and calling them out directly.

Kind of like this one. Irritating, is it not?
Okay, removed.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9200 on: October 12, 2015, 01:47:58 am »
I have to confess I hate it when my kids watch 'let's plays'. I don't mind them playing video games but watching someone else play them?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9201 on: October 12, 2015, 01:52:06 am »
It's like any other hobby. Watching someone who's really good at it can be as good or better than doing it yourself. For example, I'll bet that you watch far more sports than you actually play, am I right? Same principle with video games.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9202 on: October 12, 2015, 01:58:21 am »
Kind of true, although for instance I will play a lot more golf, pool, chess and tennis than I would watch, same with swimming, but that's because I never watch them but occasionally play them. I don't watch them because they are rubbish to watch but are good to play.

And while I did once play rugby I don't anymore (and there is a high likelihood I would badly hurt myself if I did try) I still play touch but would only watch rugby and not touch on TV.

Besides, the whole point of video games is that you can play them.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9203 on: October 12, 2015, 02:04:22 am »
I have to confess I hate it when my kids watch 'let's plays'. I don't mind them playing video games but watching someone else play them?

Some of my most relaxing childhood memories were from watching my older siblings play video games. I won't deny LPs share some of that allure for me -- at least when said LPer isn't doing the obnoxious standard-Let's-Play-voice.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9204 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:39 am »
Very similar principle. For me personally, there are certain genres that I like, yet are absolutely terrible at (most varieties of strategy, for example). As such, watching some who's really good at it is far more enjoyable than trying to bumble my way through the game myself. That's just one example.

In any case, I'm not too sure how much of a difference it makes to you whether or not your kids watch video games or play them themselves. However they choose to entertain themselves, it all just amounts to pissing about for the sake of pissing about.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9205 on: October 12, 2015, 02:21:31 am »
I get that and I do try to leave them alone about it and not mention it too much, but it does piss me off. Probably irrationally.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9206 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:05 am »
I confess I annoy myself a lot today.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9207 on: October 12, 2015, 10:35:54 am »
Well, I was going to be anti-Holocaust but because you were vaguely rude to me I've decided I'm pro-holocaust.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9208 on: October 12, 2015, 10:48:35 am »
Svata just tell the dick to fuck right off. Who is he to tell you what's fucking productive or not. Plus I imagine he does something not so productive on his downtime so who is he to tell you what the fuck to do.

Er, his main hobby is selling guns/making ammo (for people who want custom amounts of powder in the cartridge and such).
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9209 on: October 12, 2015, 10:58:21 am »
People complaining about games having really easy difficulty settings.  Not everybody is as hardcore as you, asshole.