Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069287 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9285 on: October 29, 2015, 04:53:27 pm »
Oh man, a calculus discussion? :D  Awesome!

So, what do you get when you integrate 1/cabin with respect to cabin? :3

"The natural log of the absolute value of cabin" doesn't sound like the right punchline.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9286 on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:00 pm »
Sheeeeeeeeit, I'd be halfway to Fucked Town if it weren't for my TI nSpire, since it does most of the calculus for me.

Huh. I don't usually think of calculus as something you let a computer do for you. I mean, obviously it's useful, and sometimes inevitable when you need numerical approaches, but I still do all my e.g. differentiation by hand. Builds intuition and whatnot.

I'm sure I can learn it properly, now that I have the basis down.  I'll likely go back and do some reading on my own.  From what I've heard, derivatives and definite integrals are the easiest part of calculus, and that seems to be the only parts this class covers, since its more business calculus than scientific.

Oh man, a calculus discussion? :D  Awesome!

So, what do you get when you integrate 1/cabin with respect to cabin? :3

And @guizonde, Finnish isn't even an Indo-European language like the Scandinavian ones.  It's a Finno-Ugric language.

No idea, we haven't even hit integration, yet.  Still on the tail end of derivatives, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9287 on: October 30, 2015, 01:36:59 am »
If someone gets horrible beaten up for pissing on someone your reaction should be "I can't believe they got horribly beaten up just for pissing on someone!" Not "Pissing on people is OK."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9288 on: October 30, 2015, 01:52:54 am »
Is this something that has happened recently? As an aside if you've paid for a golden shower it is very poor form to get upset when it happens.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #9289 on: October 30, 2015, 10:55:25 am »
Is this something that has happened recently? As an aside if you've paid for a golden shower it is very poor form to get upset when it happens.
No, I was metaphorically referring to the Zamii incident. I hate when people say that the fact they were unfairly victimized makes their action OK.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9290 on: October 30, 2015, 01:19:23 pm »
Being self-conscious sucks

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9291 on: October 30, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »
No, I was metaphorically referring to the Zamii incident. I hate when people say that the fact they were unfairly victimized makes their action OK.

OK, I haven't been keeping with the Zamii thing, but I thought all she did was make fanart that people didn't like?
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #9292 on: October 30, 2015, 08:00:02 pm »

OK, I haven't been keeping with the Zamii thing, but I thought all she did was make fanart that people didn't like?
They drew fanart that had 'erasure' (she drew Rose slightly less fat) and something about pedopholia, bottom line is don't equate victimization with good morality.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9293 on: October 30, 2015, 08:09:01 pm »
No no no.  What happened is the fan artist drew Rose Quartz from Steven Universe skinny at some point and the fandom erupted into stupid.  Then, they drove her to a suicide attempt and applauded this.  Then some of the Crewinverse chimed in with how that wasn't ok, fan artists can draw what they want, suicide is bad.

Ironbite-its a mess.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9294 on: October 30, 2015, 08:47:11 pm »
And to think people call 4chan toxic...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9295 on: October 30, 2015, 10:00:30 pm »
The right side of my jaw's been six shades of fucked, none of them pleasant, for a good while now.  Some days, its perfectly fine and functions normally, and others, I can barely open my mouth without it hurting like a sonofabitch.  Best part of all this?  My mom's insurance dropped me on my 26th birthday and I've been trying to get Medicaid for...almost a month and a half, now, so I can't even get it looked at so, for all I know, there's some kind of alien parasite living in my jawbone slowly infesting and controlling my brain.

MOTHERFUCKING 'MURICA!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9296 on: October 30, 2015, 10:29:34 pm »

They drew fanart that had 'erasure' (she drew Rose slightly less fat) and something about pedopholia, bottom line is don't equate victimization with good morality.

From what I heard about the pedophile thing, she associated with or was friends with one at some point.  However, someone claimed that bringing it up is a disingenuous tactic, because a) apparently nobody really gave a shit about it before the fanart fiasco, and b) Zamii is getting flak for the association while the actual pedophile is, by comparison, barely being targeted.  This leaves the impression that calling it out was less about protecting children and CSA survivors, and more about gathering ammo to justify what they did.

The right side of my jaw's been six shades of fucked, none of them pleasant, for a good while now.  Some days, its perfectly fine and functions normally, and others, I can barely open my mouth without it hurting like a sonofabitch.  Best part of all this?  My mom's insurance dropped me on my 26th birthday and I've been trying to get Medicaid for...almost a month and a half, now, so I can't even get it looked at so, for all I know, there's some kind of alien parasite living in my jawbone slowly infesting and controlling my brain.

MOTHERFUCKING 'MURICA!

Do you think it could be a wisdom tooth?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9297 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:26 am »
Nope, last checkup I had (which was about two or so months ago, not terribly long back) said that they were coming in fine, thank the pig.  Its probably TMJ acting up, I've had jaw issues for at least a few years, now.  It feels...weird, like my jaw's all achy and weak if I don't eat something tough every once in a while.  Or chew gum, that also helps.  Also find myself trying to reset my jaw a lot.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9298 on: October 31, 2015, 06:34:49 pm »
Well I guess Sleepy's just gonna have to go wanting until you can figure out what's going on.

Even Then

« Reply #9299 on: November 01, 2015, 02:01:37 am »
Minority activists can't be magically aware of everything and can't respond immediately anyway.