Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069856 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10110 on: July 10, 2016, 11:26:58 am »
People who cite Infowars as if it were in any way legitimate.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10111 on: July 12, 2016, 12:53:40 pm »
a) I am more tired than I thought it was possible after just 3 days on vacation trip with the kids. They didn't sleep well in the RV or on the boat. Now we are back at home but tomorrow we are going to go to an SCA event and I'm not sure if we can survive this.

b) You damn kids and your pokey-men are going too far: http://usmclife.com/2016/07/marine-vets-catching-pokemon-mosul-iraq/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10112 on: July 12, 2016, 03:56:34 pm »
Moronic flight crews who try and buck the system not realizing it creates more problems for the folks on the ground rather then showing management what for.

Oh and for all captains who might be around once your plane is parked at the gate, you have no power so don't act like you're the man in charge.  The ramp crew is.

Ironbite-fuckers.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10113 on: July 12, 2016, 08:42:12 pm »
Being woken up in the middle of the night with acid reflux. That sure makes for a miserable evening.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10114 on: July 13, 2016, 06:46:30 am »
Looks like we are not going to the SCA event after all. At least not today due to my wife having a crisis because of of how tiresome this traveling has been and/or introvert overload from being around people too much.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #10115 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:12 am »
Got any specific examples? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm just curious now.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10116 on: July 16, 2016, 01:09:32 am »
People who claim that "Fast travel" in a game means that your character teleports over the distances. No. It's just a time skip and the character walked/ran/rode/drove to the destination and you don't have to wait and do it yourself because this anti-frustration mechanic skips the boring bit.

"Then how come you aren't out of mana and down a few healing potions" Well maybe the character waited for a minute to recover the mana and didn't get beaten up by every mudcrab between those two cities.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #10117 on: July 17, 2016, 11:55:11 am »
I can't find a full time job.  I have an M.A., a teaching license, and 5 years of experience as a teacher and administrator, and I can't even get a damn interview for open positions.  I will also have a son at some point in the next 2-5 weeks, and we are totally super fucked if I don't have something that pays more than part time Barnes & Noble employee by then.

There was a lawsuit that shut down my former school, so I think that maybe I'm being passed over because of my association with that dumpster fire (even though I was a plaintiff, and was among the small group of people who got screwed over the worst by it).
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10118 on: July 19, 2016, 03:11:55 am »
Finnish laws for self defense.

It's not like I would want some of those "I shot a prostitute after dark because she refused to have sex with me when it turned out that I'm a horrible person so that counts as defending my property" laws but sometimes it seems like people get convicted for doing anything to defend themselves.

Like this one guy, four people attacked him. They rang the doorbell and when he went to answer they attacked him with baseball bats (well, the Finnish off-shoot sport to be exact but they are the same although only made from wood as far as I know) and one gun. While getting beaten up the homeowner retreated to the kitchen where he got a kitchen knife and used it to defend himself.

The homeowner has now been found guilty to one attempt of "too much force when defending oneself" and four accounts of attempted manslaughter. He was sentenced to 4 years and 2 months in jail as well as forced to pay 21000€ to his "victims."

The attackers each were sentenced to one year and few months in jail (the amounts varied a bit) for assault and battery and one of them was punished for "crime with a firearm." Oh, and one of them had to pay 500€ fines (to the government, not their victim.)

...You would think that the attackers would at least be punished for "premeditated crime" or attempted manslaughter as well but it appears that either there is a lot that happened which the public has not been told about, these judges are incompetent or there is no justice in Finland.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10119 on: July 19, 2016, 03:42:50 am »
US baseball bars are also wood. Only little league/high school/college teams use aluminum.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10120 on: July 19, 2016, 11:14:37 am »
US baseball bars are also wood. Only little league/high school/college teams use aluminum.

And softball uses aluminum. As to the Finnish self defense laws, didn't you guys used to be vikings at some point?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10121 on: July 19, 2016, 12:52:25 pm »
Nah. Vikings were our Scandinavian neighbors; we have a different cultural background from the other Nordic countries. We were actually targets of occasional raids by them and the fact that those didn't always end well for the Viking attackers kind of supports the point you are making.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10122 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20:39 pm »
Today I drove through a fucking downpour (while still being relatively inexperienced and nervous with driving), just to get to what I thought was a job interview.  It was not.  It was one of those "career building seminars" that companies like to do, after which I could've set up an appointment for an actual interview for a chance to join the company.  I ended up just leaving.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10123 on: July 21, 2016, 09:31:16 pm »
Could have been worse, it might have been one of those pyramid schemes.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10124 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:09 am »
Why is the Daily show not on at 1030? It's instead showing that vulgar lout Tosh's show. I suppose if you're the kind of "person" who still follows / stalks CWC's life, you'd find him funny for examining women in cat ears and dysfunctional red neck types.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer