Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074469 times)

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1695 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:33 am »
I have somehow managed to pull neck muscles on both sides of my neck and have acquired some kind of throat bug from the group which routinely drives me up the wall, therefore forcing me to miss two days of class, which I really can't afford to do.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1696 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:21 am »
After seeing that apparently most of the bugs in Sword of the Stars II have been fixed (long story), I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I was quite happy to catch it in the middle of a Steam sale. Then I find out that the game won't run on Windows XP, which is what the T-Rex (my ancient but still powerful desktop) still runs, and my pissant little laptop has no chance either. The only good news is that my dad has promised that as a reward for my fantastic performance in school last year, I will get a new laptop... but he thinks we should wait for Windows 8 to come out (and I agree). Which means I have to wait several months to play a game I already own.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1697 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00:08 am »
Duuuuuuuuuude...no, don't do it.  Like Vista and ME before it, Windows 8 will be an abysmal pile of shit.  Its Microsoft's whole marketing scheme.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1698 on: July 25, 2012, 12:01:49 pm »
For real. Go to Wiki and look at Windows 8. It makes me vomit.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #1699 on: July 25, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »
Yeah, just get Windows 7 and don't bother with 8.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1700 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:11 pm »
Go for odd numbers.  It's like the Star Trek movies.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1701 on: July 25, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
I've finally found a fucking birth control that works well for me, and none of the pharmacies around here have it in stock. They all say the manufacturer is having problems with it, and because of that they haven't been able to order it. As a girl who's tried at least five different motherfucking birth control pills, FUCK YOU. I am fucking SICK of performing experiments on my body with various drugs. Give me a fucking pill I can stick with before I dig into my fucking arsenal.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1702 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
I live in an apartment with an exterior front and back doors that lock automatically.  The apartment key also opens the exterior doors.  I like this additional layer of security very much, having experienced four break-ins while living in the ghetto for three years.  The exterior doors and their frames are metal, so they are far stronger than the interior wooden doors and frames.

Somebody in my building keeps jamming the back door open so they don't have to take three extra seconds to stick their stupid key in the door.  First, they put packing tape over the latch.  I removed it.  The next day, they jammed a receipt behind the latch so it couldn't move.  I popped it out with my pocket knife.  The next day they used notebook paper, and I again easily removed it.  Now they have used toilet paper, which my knife shredded and it won't come out.

This is going to be a battle of wills, which I will win.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go burn the TP out of the latch.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1703 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »
Everything is turning into video tutorials, dont get me wrong I understand the purpose, but sometimes I dont want to sit there waiting for the fuckin thing to buffer or hurry and load up. Maybe I want some GODDAMN TEXT!
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #1704 on: July 25, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »
Everything is turning into video tutorials, dont get me wrong I understand the purpose, but sometimes I dont want to sit there waiting for the fuckin thing to buffer or hurry and load up. Maybe I want some GODDAMN TEXT!

This.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1705 on: July 25, 2012, 10:20:28 pm »
Especially when it's labeled as a tutorial, but turns out to be some guy just playing the game and screwing up multiple times before getting it right.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1706 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »
I totally lost track of my dog's pills, and now he only has 3 left, I have to reorder them now. It takes a day for the vet to approve them at least. It's a damn good thing he only has to take them every other day.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1707 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »
I just realized that I haven't been taking my thyroid medication for several days now. The strict antibiotics schedule I'm on totally threw me off track. Christ, I may as well buy one of those stupid containers to organize my pills by day of the week. I feel way too fucking old.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1708 on: July 26, 2012, 12:33:10 am »
The asshole who trying to pick a fight with me over Palpatine and the Star Wars novel, Star Wars: Darth Plagueis. Bitch please...I'm the foremost expert on Palpatine, now go fuck off and die in a gutter.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1709 on: July 26, 2012, 02:00:52 am »
I just realized that I haven't been taking my thyroid medication for several days now. The strict antibiotics schedule I'm on totally threw me off track. Christ, I may as well buy one of those stupid containers to organize my pills by day of the week. I feel way too fucking old.

I use one of those.  :-/