Author Topic: If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 06:25:03 pm »
Righto, not for me to define your religion for you. Might have overstepped there.

This is a really weird conversation to be having on this mostly abandoned forum. Thanks for the extra info on gnostics anyway, interesting stuff.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 08:46:10 pm »
I'm not sure you know what androgynous means? I think you will find that if literalists imagined an androgynous Yahweh they wouldn't have a preconception of whether Jesus was male or female or in-between. I think you mean that the literalists imagine a masculine Yahweh.

But if Yahweh is masculine what about 'Elohim'.

I also don't see why a modern gnostic would confine themselves to the authorised versions of scripture and not consider the jewish scriptures, talmud, koran or apocrypha but then again I think about modern gnostics in the same way as I view modern pagans.

Offline Gnostic Christian

• Neonate
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 05:57:13 pm »
I'm not sure you know what androgynous means? I think you will find that if literalists imagined an androgynous Yahweh they wouldn't have a preconception of whether Jesus was male or female or in-between. I think you mean that the literalists imagine a masculine Yahweh.

But if Yahweh is masculine what about 'Elohim'.

I also don't see why a modern gnostic would confine themselves to the authorised versions of scripture and not consider the jewish scriptures, talmud, koran or apocrypha but then again I think about modern gnostics in the same way as I view modern pagans.

I am aware and use Jewish thinking when appropriate. We are quite close, given that they are not believers in the supernatural.

Like with Eden, I use their Original Virtue view to oppose the original Sin that Christians label it, then stupidly praise Adam's sin and say it was necessary.

Sounds like Original Virtue more than Original Sin. Right?

I use Christianity because of my Christian heritage.

I owe them a lot and correcting their vile ways is how I try to pay back.

The bible says that that is the loving thing to do.

Call god whatever you like, but Eve came from an androgynous Adam as far as Christianity is concerned.

Regards
DL

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 01:08:28 am »
Exactly what do you think Androgynous means? Also you were talking about Yahweh and not Adam. But now let me guess you are going to say that as 'Yahweh made Adam in his image' if Adam is androgynous so is Yahweh but frankly you were talking about a different topic.

Also the fact that a woman was crafted out of Adam's rib does not make Adam androgynous, nor parthenogenic, because it was not Adam giving birth but God crafting a being, as he crafted Adam out of the dust. In fact really wasn't it just more dust?

Anyway the more you talk the more I suspect you are cooked.

• Neonate
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 05:05:39 pm »

Exactly what do you think Androgynous means?

The usual definition of a two natured, male and female god.

Also you were talking about Yahweh and not Adam. But now let me guess you are going to say that as 'Yahweh made Adam in his image' if Adam is androgynous so is Yahweh

Not bad, but don't try to talk for me.

I would have talked more of where the womb came from.

but frankly you were talking about a different topic.

You might have a tracking problem.

Also the fact that a woman was crafted out of Adam's rib does not make Adam androgynous,

Correct.

To think a God would need a man's rib to create is also rather stupid. Right?

That is why literalists have such a hard time doing apologetics.

nor parthenogenic, because it was not Adam giving birth but God crafting a being, as he crafted Adam out of the dust. In fact really wasn't it just more dust?

Don't know, don't care as that is not relavant.

Anyway the more you talk the more I suspect you are cooked.

Ok.

Go away and don't bother coming back.

Regards
DL

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »
...........for real bro?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2021, 10:11:49 pm »
It's not my fault if you can't maintain a coherent train of thought you cooked cracker.

My recommendation would be to stop hitting the glass barbeque and fucking animals before you kill them and stick to getting your meat from the supermarket.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 08:21:11 am »
I'm kinda curious how you make the jump from  trinitarian gnosticism to Andro Adam, and what sort of chemical breakfast was involved. Please, continue.

• Neonate
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 03:23:42 pm »
" trinitarian gnosticism "

What is that?

Regards
DL

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 07:00:29 am »
Well a "Gnostic" asking us heathens whay we'd do with this Trinity thing would be some kind of Trinitarian. Your question wasn't "would you kill the imaginary thing I don't believe in?"

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 06:08:19 pm »
Sorry Tol, I think trying to reason with it is pointless. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense because it's cooked. Whether it's cooked because of crack (which is what I suspect) or cooked because that's just its neurological condition - it is cooked.

Just a spouting machine of oxymoron's, internal contradictions, non-sequiturs and gibberish.

An all you can eat word salad buffet, combined with a deepseated yet undeserved feeling of self importance and an arrogance that can only be born from powerful ignorance.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 11:51:56 pm »
I'm not trying to get actual sense out of it. That's not what I was going for with the Catholic incel, the butthurt reservist or the Gamergate comissar either.

Just seeing what drops out and also if it's shiny!