Author Topic: Sentenced to jail for rape. (For being raped that is.)  (Read 11634 times)

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
Re: Sentenced to jail for rape. (For being raped that is.)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 04:17:12 am »
And to think my new Muslim flatmate said Dubai wasn't that bad compared to other countries...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 04:30:26 am »
And to think my new Muslim flatmate said Dubai wasn't that bad compared to other countries...

The UAE is a shithole. Dubai is a city that pretty much entirely appeals to the wealthy and people with connections. The whole country lives under restrictive religious laws, and human rights are essentially nil unless you've got the money for it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:55 am »
It's not. That's because those countries have worse living conditions than the worst times in the worst parts of the Soviet Union.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 05:25:09 am »
Yes, well, he did also tell me I'd do rather poorly there. He's a cool guy, but I'd consider any Middle-Eastern country as something close to an outer suburb of Hell.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:49 am »
Yes, well, he did also tell me I'd do rather poorly there. He's a cool guy, but I'd consider any Middle-Eastern country as something close to an outer suburb of Hell.
Yeah. They're like the high-class suburbs of hell, while the others are the ghettos and Detroit suburbs of hell.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:00:07 am »
Only reason we let this crap go on is because most Arab countries where Sharia law holds the most power have oil.  If we weren't so dependent on the crap, we'd be able to tell these countries to go take a hike and piss off when they do shit like this

Ironbite-hence my new power source will be unstable quantum singularities.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »
You would do fine in Qatar

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »

The UAE is a shithole. Dubai is a city that pretty much entirely appeals to the wealthy and people with connections. The whole country lives under restrictive religious laws, and human rights are essentially nil unless you've got the money for it.
Not to completely derail, but I've recently found a lot of music from the UAE that I'd have thought was socially intolerable until about two weeks ago. Not to say that it disproves the overall point here, but the fact that the UAE (or perhaps just Dubai) seems to have a somewhat strong music scene runs counter to the place being completely ass-backwards.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
The whole "blaming women for rape" is so stupid.

It's like blaming someone for having their own car stolen.

Or blaming a dead murdered person for being murdered.

I'm surprised that all the women in these countries haven't snapped and raised holy hell!

In India, there's the Pink Sari Brigade, a bunch of vigilante women in bright glorious pink saris who beat the tar out of rapists & woman-beaters (any guy who mistreats anyone who's female). I would love to see a Pink Hijab Brigade! That would so RULE! Put the fear of Al-LAT into them (to me, Allat's a 'female Allah').

This brings to mind a comment I wish to make about the "Free Jahar" clowns out there.....Ladies, I know you think the surviving Boston Bomber is the cutest boy ever (even I admit that I find him extremely attractive...but I know he's despicable scum) but remember, he killed & maimed innocent people, among the dead an 8 year old boy...and this above mess involving this Norwegian woman is the kind of thing he'd probably SUPPORT! He's an Islamic Fundamentalist...a belief system based on misogyny, bloodshed, prudery & shame....not very sexy. I don't care if Dzokhar resembles the photogenic results of a Star Trek transporter mishap involving Syd Barrett, Louis Garrell (a young French actor, was in The Dreamers, very cute) & Aladdin (Disney version)....he's a killer fundie and fundieness & sexiness are exclusive!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 03:57:30 pm »

Not to completely derail, but I've recently found a lot of music from the UAE that I'd have thought was socially intolerable until about two weeks ago. Not to say that it disproves the overall point here, but the fact that the UAE (or perhaps just Dubai) seems to have a somewhat strong music scene runs counter to the place being completely ass-backwards.

Exactly what do the authorities in the UAE think of those metal bands you posted on the forum before?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 08:26:56 pm »

Having good music doesn't mean your government and culture aren't insane, douchey or both. Look at Germany (oh they of thin skins and eager censors), or Finland (having a state church that people pay for in the 21st century, even if you can opt out, is stupid), or the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s in America (or the 2000s or 2010s, for that matter). In fact, I'd go as far to say, the better the rock and metal, and the bigger the number of fans, the more likely you (and likely many others) find your government repugnant. That's ignoring the metal and rock put out by jock types that came to the party in the late 1990s and the 2000s.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »

Having good music doesn't mean your government and culture aren't insane, douchey or both. Look at Germany (oh they of thin skins and eager censors), or Finland (having a state church that people pay for in the 21st century, even if you can opt out, is stupid), or the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s in America (or the 2000s or 2010s, for that matter). In fact, I'd go as far to say, the better the rock and metal, and the bigger the number of fans, the more likely you (and likely many others) find your government repugnant. That's ignoring the metal and rock put out by jock types that came to the party in the late 1990s and the 2000s.
Granted. Considering, however, that bands in neighboring countries paint their faces so they aren't executed for performing (or at least so nobody knows who they are), that certain aspects of the culture are moving forward. It may not advance much faster than a slow crawl, but given the surrounding nations, it seems like a small step forward, for whatever that's worth.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 05:37:17 pm »
Too bad they couldn't go Arnold Schwarzenegger Commando on their asses and busted her out.   

I mean, there's no excuse for this?  Religious bullshit should never trump human rights.   

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »

Granted. Considering, however, that bands in neighboring countries paint their faces so they aren't executed for performing (or at least so nobody knows who they are), that certain aspects of the culture are moving forward. It may not advance much faster than a slow crawl, but given the surrounding nations, it seems like a small step forward, for whatever that's worth.
Yeah. Here's hoping for their government not to last too long.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »
HAH!

As long as the area has oil, nobody gives a damn about what they do to anyone.

Ironbite-but when that runs out....