Author Topic: Some Freak Vandalized The Lincoln Memorial!  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Some Freak Vandalized The Lincoln Memorial!
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »
Some idiot took green paint & splattered it all over the beloved memorial to Ol' Honest Abe.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/29/defacing-america-lincoln-memorial-shut-down-after-vandal-splatters-green-paint/

Fortunately, there were surveillance cameras & the cops say they've identified a "Person of Interest".

wrightway

Re: Some Freak Vandalized The Lincoln Memorial!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »
This just in: people are idiots. I hope he likes jail time.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »
did he actually think he'd get away with vandalizing a national monument? What an idiot.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:54 pm »
Can't wait until they catch the culprit or culprits. Probably some Tealiban goober.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:52:39 pm »
What I don't get is, if you're really gonna do something like that, why would you just throw the paint on randomly? He should have at least written a message.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:55:01 pm »
What I don't get is, if you're really gonna do something like that, why would you just throw the paint on randomly? He should have at least written a message.

At least it's better than the dingleberries who vandalized a horse statue to turn it into a MLP.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:12:28 pm »
Probably a militant from the Green Party.

Yeah, that joke sucked.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:00 pm »
Update, they arrested a woman in connection to the event
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess she's got a few loose screws.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 03:25:20 pm »
$20 says it was some poster from Occidental Dissent that did this.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 03:40:51 pm »

At least it's better than the dingleberries who vandalized a horse statue to turn it into a MLP.

Wait, seriously!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 04:05:49 pm »

Wait, seriously!?

I just looked it up, and yes, it happened. It seems to be that someone painted a bronze horse statue in Russia in the colors of Rainbow Dash recently. Gonna take a guess and say it has something to due with the Russian government's homophobia. Naturally the article I found had comments either say "fuck bronies" as hard as possible, or alternatively, "fucking awesome!" One site was also giving bronies shit for giving guns pony themed paint jobs.

On topic: Why not do something funny like leave two giant boulders in a massive burlap sack at the base of the Washington Monument?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 04:54:11 pm »
This is hilariously stupid.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »
I'm trying and failing to come up with the amount of caring to actually care about this.

Ironbite-it's...paint on stone and wood.  Not like someone took a saw to Abe's head.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

Wait, seriously!?

I just looked it up, and yes, it happened. It seems to be that someone painted a bronze horse statue in Russia in the colors of Rainbow Dash recently. Gonna take a guess and say it has something to due with the Russian government's homophobia. Naturally the article I found had comments either say "fuck bronies" as hard as possible, or alternatively, "fucking awesome!" One site was also giving bronies shit for giving guns pony themed paint jobs.

On topic: Why not do something funny like leave two giant boulders in a massive burlap sack at the base of the Washington Monument?

(click to show/hide)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!